Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this the other day but maybe his vehicle has a black box type computer. If so, then maybe they can analyze the stop/per miles driving, hard breaking and mph and the mileage between each slow down (going backwards from the mileage at the time the vehicle was secured.) A really good analyst might be able to map out a route based on the speed limits, miles driven and any stop signs or lights as well as how long the engine idled. Then, if he had a cell phone, that data can be compared to the pings. I would say they might be able to do the same thing with Alexis' car. (fingers crossed LE can get a vicinity for finding Alexis.)

Since he seems to have been incarcerated for a great portion of time between 1987-1996, I'm wondering if he met others of like ilk while incarcerated. It pretty much rules him out on the Colonial Parkway murders but it doesn't rule out his possibly knowing who that person is. Alicia Showalter Reynolds was killed before he got out but he was free to run up and down the highways during the rest of the missing, murdered and abducted r cases.

Little doubt in my mind that he's the anonymous person who posted on her Ask account that he saw her at the Liberty in her flowered tights a few weeks before the abduction. I bet those pants had such a profound effect on his warped mind that when he saw them again he acted on his fantasy.

Sick.

Most folks his/my age (48) who do not have a teenager have no idea what Ask dot fm is. Her last tweets seem to be aimed at a particular person, imo, and that particular post seems to be from another teen/young adult. JMO

Little doubt in my mind that he's the anonymous person who posted on her Ask account that he saw her at the Liberty in her flowered tights a few weeks before the abduction. I bet those pants had such a profound effect on his warped mind that when he saw them again he acted on his fantasy.

Sick.

I'm just curious why you think so. I read the comment and thought it was from a person closer to her age. We also have absolutely ZERO proof that RAT owned a computer or that he would even know how to find her profile if he did. I am very good at finding people and info on the net, but it would still be a nearly impossible task to find someone if I didn't know their name. The only way he could have learned her name is by asking someone who did know. So far, no one has come forward to say that RT asked that question.
My major concern is that if RT is not guilty, Valuable time is ticking away while they search for evidence that isn't there. I would expect that other physical evidence would have been found in his truck, her car, or his camper. A single hair does not suggest a violent struggle. I have curly long-ish hair and if I spend any more than 15 minutes somewhere, I will probably lose a half a dozen strands if I don't have it pulled up in a pony tail or a knot. I have noticed that many people, when interacting and chatting, run their fingers through their hair or touch it in some way.
Jmo

I mentioned this the other day but maybe his vehicle has a black box type computer. If so, then maybe they can analyze the stop/per miles driving, hard breaking and mph and the mileage between each slow down (going backwards from the mileage at the time the vehicle was secured.) A really good analyst might be able to map out a route based on the speed limits, miles driven and any stop signs or lights as well as how long the engine idled. Then, if he had a cell phone, that data can be compared to the pings. I would say they might be able to do the same thing with Alexis' car. (fingers crossed LE can get a vicinity for finding Alexis.)
I don't think so. That vehicle looked circa 1989-1991 (due to the flat front end and the split top headlights). I know my 1989 Chevy s10 blazer didn't have one.

Just saw this story in the Roanoke times from 5 days ago.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/2150555-12/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-camper.html

Apparently law enforcement roped off a wooded gully 10 feet from Rt 29 with crime scene tape and one of the officers was heard shouting "we found it".No clue at this point what exactly 'it" is. It could be her car or some other evidence central to the case.

Officers were also seen entering the area with gloves, evidence bags and cameras.

Just saw this story in the Roanoke times from 5 days ago.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/2150555-12/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-camper.html

Apparently law enforcement roped off a wooded gully 10 feet from Rt 29 with crime scene tape and one of the officers was heard shouting "we found it".No clue at this point what exactly 'it" is. It could be her car or some other evidence central to the case.

Officers were also seen entering the area with gloves, evidence bags and cameras.

This was when they found the phones.

Most folks his/my age (48) who do not have a teenager have no idea what Ask dot fm is. Her last tweets seem to be aimed at a particular person, imo, and that particular post seems to be from another teen/young adult. JMO

FWIW I am in my 40's, I have no children and I have known what askfm is for a while, I was first aware of it through twitter. Most who have twitter have it set up for the questions to be automatically posted to their twitter feed, with a link to askfm. You only need to follow that person on twitter to become aware of akfm. I'm not saying in any way RAT posted those questions but it's not that impossible he did. I will say one thing, seeing them gave me shivers.

I have a daughter same age as Alexis, and I had no idea about ask until this case! I also do NOT twitter, and seldom text message. The only texts I receive are from my kids, and husband, otherwise everyone knows to call me. So....I don't think we can necessarily base someone else's knowledge of facebook, twitter, ask, etc. Just no way to know at this time.

Again this morning, I'm listening to my daughter shower to get ready for school, and praying for Alexis's family.... just not fair!!

Speaking of fair, VA's State Fair is coming up soon, and lots of people will be passing through Nelson Co. Hunting season is coming up soon as well. Along with the festival. Praying that with the increase in people, someone sees something that brings Alexis home!

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 15h
#AlexisMurphy's family invited @NBC29 to church w/ them today as they rely on faith to find the missing 17 y/o. The story is first at 6.

Did Anyone local watch this yesterday?

With the upcoming events (some very soon) and hunting season, I do hope some group will help the family with get fliers out asap. All shop windows, light/telephone poles, handouts at the music events, truck event, fairs, and anywhere close to hunting supply stores, etc... The more info, the more likely a visitor will know to look and call in things found or seen.

Alexis' disappearance seems to have fallen off as the top story on the local news. I know there isn't really anything new to report, but it's discouraging.

From what I understand, the family is receiving negative comments about Alexis and her supposed pursuit of pot. I hate that this family is having to defend her :(

Also, IMO RAT is not smart enough for ask dot fm. I never knew about it until now.

What does everyone on here think that the prosecution will disclose as far as new evidence, at the Thursday bail bond hearing for Taylor?

Evidence known at this point in time: 1) In video at Liberty gas station, 2) her hair in his trailer

New evidence presented at the bond hearing?????

What say you?

What does everyone on here think that the prosecution will disclose as far as new evidence, at the Thursday bail bond hearing for Taylor?

Evidence known at this point in time: 1) In video at Liberty gas station, 2) her hair in his trailer

What say you?

i say some blood evidence.....

Here is a music festival coming up in a couple of weeks.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_7c62aa96-069f-11e3-a835-0019bb30f31a.html

Jam bands, so expect lots of partying, camping. Fliers at gas station bathrooms, campgrounds, grocery, 7/11, would be good. Beer stores too.

I do not know what askfm is, and haven't seen Alexis's posts there. If it is a message board, can you just follow the links in the avatars to other people, say, if you like their pic? If it is very active in that area, then RAT could have known about it. Topix is still a top choice in many smaller communities.

If he violated probation they won't have to present any new evidence or any evidence imo.

Violated probation like in: smoking weed?, owning a gun? Also, I did not know he was out on probation? For what? Another felony?

What say you?

Alexis' cell phone

If he violated probation they won't have to present any new evidence or any evidence imo.

That's what I am thinking. On the latest charge of probation violation (offense date 08/01/2013) they have his status as fugitive (hearing was 08/16/2013). Fugitive status may be enough to imply flight risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmaxwell