Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Hello everyone! It's a slow day in the news for Alexis, but i'm sure it's not slow with LE! Keep the faith!
Forgive me if this has been posted (I didn't see it anywhere but could have missed it), but there has been an arrest in VA based on familial DNA...great news. They aren't saying who or what the crimes involved are.....

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_65c19914-6b03-55b5-b686-73cbaf141ab5.html

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been lurking around for the past few days keeping up with the Alexis Murphy case. I figured I'd make myself known. I'm sort of a local to this area (I attend a near-by college). Within in the next week and a half, our campus will slowly be filling up with people. I don't know if there are any flyers posted at my school, but if not, I plan on posting some around. People from my school are always driving on 29 to get to Charlottesville and Lynchburg, and I figure a lot of the out-of-state students don't know about Alexis (a lot of my friends in Virginia don't even know about her). I really think it will be beneficial for my fellow classmates to know about her, especially so they'll know to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Thanks for all of this good information you guys post! :)

:wagon: Emc05! :welcome:

You and your college buddies will be a GREAT source for spreading news and fliers regarding Alexis! :great:

:seeya:

Only if Alexis is not alive, I hope this case leads to one less woman going missing...better yet, solving other abductions if they occured by RAT... hopefully, there is one place where they can all be found for the families to have closeure.

LE may have retrieved CCTV footage of the car being parked.
:please: WOW & WOW!!! & if it's RAT, it'd be hard to lie his way out. Hoping the familial DNA is pertaining to this or one of the horrible abductions/murders.

Has familial DNA been used successfully in a case in VA?

:seeya: Hello everyone! It's a slow day in the news for Alexis, but i'm sure it's not slow with LE! Keep the faith!
Forgive me if this has been posted (I didn't see it anywhere but could have missed it), but there has been an arrest in VA based on familial DNA...great news. They aren't saying who or what the crimes involved are.....

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_65c19914-6b03-55b5-b686-73cbaf141ab5.html

:welcome: VaBchLady! :wagon:

This news regarding an arrest in VA due to familial DNA is quite intriguing! :waitasec:

:seeya:

Re: about whoever parked the car... All I know is that it was reported that LE knew exactly when the car was parked. I surmise from that there Was some kind of video of it or an eye witness.

T
145453.jpg

This is just a scientific wild *advertiser censored* guess.... but IF I was the perpetrator, I would ditch the car where it can be found easily but yet be in sort of the opposite direction where I would have left the body. I was looking at the google map showing Shipman, Lovingston and C'vill and it struct me that a likely place would be somewhere concealed that is not too far but where there are possibly no dogs to bark at night, etc... normally in the national forest here in Virginia... but the problem with that is the terrain is very difficult to manage... so I looked on the map and this is what I came up with... call it a SWAG or hunch or whatever... but somewhere like this where there is an isolated road to one residence, out an away from everything... what say you? where should authoriites be looking?

Re: about whoever parked the car... All I know is that it was reported that LE knew exactly when the car was parked. I surmise from that there Was some kind of video of it or an eye witness.

This article says there were surveillance cameras at a local business.

The ACAC Fitness Center does have surveillance cameras pointing in the direction of where Alexis' car was found. Managers would not confirm whether they turned over video to the FBI.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/218695191.html?device=tablet

The worst thing in the world about State LE & FBI working on a case (at least in Va) is lack of information to the public (as we all witnessed with Morgan Harrington's disappearance).

Here we are 2 + weeks missing, and no formal announcement of searches or rewards. It's so hard to keep positive about the outcome when we know they have lots more info, but we're being kept in the dark.

The music festival and hunting season are just around the corner and UVA students are returning to campus. Should they continue to post missing person flyers? Should the hunters & festival goers keep their eyes open for Alexis deep in the woods? And why haven't land owners in the area been asked to do a sweep of their own properties?

It would be nice IF they could at least tell locals whether or not they, too, should be taking extra precautions to insure their safety, or IF they think RAT acted alone.

Praying for a resolution soon!

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 5m
Back on the Alexis Murphy case today and coming up on ABC 13 News at 5 new information on a potential lead you... http://fb.me/UA4oLu7V

Start keeping an eye on Albemarle courts and Nelson. This may big as in MH and others.

:please: WOW & WOW!!! & if it's RAT, it'd be hard to lie his way out. Hoping the familial DNA is pertaining to this or one of the horrible abductions/murders.

Has familial DNA been used successfully in a case in VA?

No, and the biggest case pushing for its use was Morgan Harrington's parents, to try to identify the Fairfax rapist/Morgan's muderer.

My thought is I hope in the Thursday hearing that the FBI/LE reveals that they found one of RATs hairs in Alexis's car. If you recall, there were several sealed search warrants...and this was PRIOR TO the finding of the cell phones.

In exclusive footage obtained by ABC 13, what appears to be a truck tire track is visible on an area of land. A local land owner noticed the track on his property, and alerted authorities.

At the request of the Sheriff's Office, ABC 13 is not giving out the specific location of the piece of land, and we are not going reveal the identity of the land owner.

Still, the land owner did grant us supervised access to the property Monday.

The land owner says he saw a story on our newscast where we interviewed a man who claims he saw suspect Randy Taylor's truck at J & K store the Monday after Alexis went missing.

After our source saw the interview and realized his property is not far from the store, he began searching his property and that is when he noticed some truck tire tracks that didn't belong.

Shortly after the discovery, he notified the authorities and the Sheriff's Office confirms they did come out and make a cast mold of the track for further review.

The road is very steep and very rocky and is only supposed to be used by four wheelers, but the land owner says the tracks didn't appear to come from a four wheeler at all.

"The tracks go to the top of the mountain turn around and go back down. It's a full sized truck because I did the measurements between the wheels and it's a full sized vehicle," the land owner told ABC 13.

It's important to note that the Sheriff's department has not been able to say at this point if that tire track matches Randy Taylor's truck.

http://www.wset.com/story/23175388/...ks-on-his-property-authorities-to-search-area

much more at link

I was just going to post this information! Great job Nursie!!

i suppose it could be something and it could be nothing (the latest) ^^^ but glad they are checking it out nonetheless.

The dots are joining up ... was the road muddy by any chance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina