Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking and looking and I just found an arrest record for RAT in 1987 for burglary in South Carolina with a SC address for RAT.

Shows RAT living in Dillon SC

More details on the Suspect: Randy Taylor Thread

ugh, i was just there at "south of the border" on my way to Ft. Jackson in Columbia, i wonder if he hung out there

i say some blood evidence.....

imo, i believe LE has some forensic evidence that she was injured on his property, most likely blood evidence. I think they would have needed this to arrest him, especially given his past of blaming LE, I don't think they would take any chances letting this monster get away.

Her cell phone would be valuable if they can get records from the phone company when the phone quit pinging (in other words, when it either was turned off by the perp... or the battery went dead on it's own if the phone was discarded while it was still on). If they were looking in that gully for her phone, my bet is they already got the last ping location with the battery going dead and that's where they consentrated the search. Finding her cell phone would be huge in keeping him in jail... would place her at the trailer (pinging away) and then at some point no ping possibly a few minutes later.

Honestly, I hope they have more than a hair from his trailer. But, at this point I'm starting to think they don't have much else.

imo, i believe LE has some forensic evidence that she was injured on his property, most likely blood evidence. I think they would have needed this to arrest him, especially given his past of blaming LE, I don't think they would take any chances letting this monster get away.

I would guess she was strangled as opposed to a knife or a gun. regardless, there still might be evidence at the site... if ENOUGH hair was found, then it could be established that there was a struggle there which would probably be enough evidence to keep him in jail with no bond.

Honestly, I hope they have more than a hair from his trailer. But, at this point I'm starting to think they don't have much else.

Why do you say that? The judge ruled all the seach warrants closed, right? All we are hearing is from the defense attorney. Thursday will be interesting. IF the guy is released on bond, he may not make it in those parts very long.... people have already convicted him in their mind.

Here is a music festival coming up in a couple of weeks.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_7c62aa96-069f-11e3-a835-0019bb30f31a.html

Jam bands, so expect lots of partying, camping. Fliers at gas station bathrooms, campgrounds, grocery, 7/11, would be good. Beer stores too.

I do not know what askfm is, and haven't seen Alexis's posts there. If it is a message board, can you just follow the links in the avatars to other people, say, if you like their pic? If it is very active in that area, then RAT could have known about it. Topix is still a top choice in many smaller communities.

ETA: Wonder if we could somehow post info on the phatasytour boards, this is the board for jambands like WS but not crime.

http://phantasytour.com/bands/3

One can post anonymously to another member's account on ask. If one does not post anonymously you can link to their account by their avi. Ask accounts can be/are linked to twitter accounts.

Why do you say that? The judge ruled all the seach warrants closed, right? All we are hearing is from the defense attorney. Thursday will be interesting. IF the guy is released on bond, he may not make it in those parts very long.... people have already convicted him in their mind.

Gut instinct, I guess.

I really hope we hear more on Thursday. I hope they have some solid leads.

One can post anonymously to another member's account on ask. If one does not post anonymously you can link to their account by their avi. Ask accounts can be/are linked to twitter accounts.

You can also post to ask without having an acct. Ask has been around since 2010. The youngest of my 3 girls, now 19, has never used the site and says she doesn't know any of her friends that have either. just fyi jmo

I do not think LE found blood, since are still claiming to be looking for a live victim (although their actions do not match with this claim, IMO).

I think they have something that predates the search of his camper, and the discovery of Alexis' car. I can't imagine that LE could get a search warrant based just on the fact that he was at the gas station while Alexis was there. There's something else, and I think it might be connected to his purchases at Bliss.

I am still waiting for the big tip AM's great aunt referred to in the Triwa(?) article of 8-17-13...

:please:

NBC29 (@NBC29) tweeted at 10:56 AM on Mon, Aug 19, 2013:
FBI tells @MattTalhelm results from cell phones recovered in #AlexisMurphy case are not back yet; agents are following leads as tips come in

I think they have something that predates the search of his camper, and the discovery of Alexis' car. I can't imagine that LE could get a search warrant based just on the fact that he was at the gas station while Alexis was there. There's something else, and I think it might be connected to his purchases at Bliss.
Exactly, somehow they knew to go to Ultimat Bliss and the other store.
..and possibly to what she bought at McDonals's as well as other evidence found in the car.

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been lurking around for the past few days keeping up with the Alexis Murphy case. I figured I'd make myself known. I'm sort of a local to this area (I attend a near-by college). Within in the next week and a half, our campus will slowly be filling up with people. I don't know if there are any flyers posted at my school, but if not, I plan on posting some around. People from my school are always driving on 29 to get to Charlottesville and Lynchburg, and I figure a lot of the out-of-state students don't know about Alexis (a lot of my friends in Virginia don't even know about her). I really think it will be beneficial for my fellow classmates to know about her, especially so they'll know to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Thanks for all of this good information you guys post! :)

LE may have retrieved CCTV footage of the car being parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina