Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes... but, most of the ones we have open around here are in areas that are populated... meaning, they are due to man-made causes...old pipes going under the highway etc... not naturally occurring in the forest, so much... and not commonly occurring either... around here the ground consists of heavy red clay and lots of shale, quartz, and soap stone..

True...it's not quite like Florida. But that link to that map I posed with sinkholes also is a fairly decent topo map that you can zoom in on to get a lay of the land and elevation changes around Lovingston and surrounding areas.

RAT seems to "admit" (or make up) just enough facts that fit any evidence LE finds. In Samantha's case, he admits he spoke with her several times right before she disappeared (because, you know, he was just being a chivalrous type of dude, warning her about potential trouble :rolleyes: ). In Alexis's case, he admits (fabricates?) her presence in his trailer to explain the potential hair finding - because this time, he's just having friendly drinks and smoking up with her and her braided friend. :rolleyes:

It's all perfectly innocent! Just a coincidence! And he is being SO HELPFUL, admitting these facts to LE. He is trying his best, he's been telling them for days! Why won't they go "publicly investigate" (as the atty put it) the corn-rowed friend?! I mean, RAT gave them this helpful tip, and the FBI is stupid, right? Wy won't they investigate corn row dude? Amirite? :rolleyes:

Sorry for the heaping of sarcasm. But I am just so distraught over this poor unfortunate RAT finding himself involved in yet another mysterious disappearance of a young woman! I mean, gee, HOW does that happen?!

:furious:

Ok why is this atty letting these facts out in dribs and drabs like this??

Ok, so far I'm calling sloppy reporting.

They keep referring to Cornrow as the third man, and the only link is a rewrite of one of the original articles.

http://www.wset.com/story/23143134/...-with-alexis-murphy-the-night-she-disappeared

The overall media coverage of this case has been abysmally bad, from the Bedford Informer stuff, to last night's twitter landfill debacle, to the author of the article above being unable to count?

Indeed.

I do want to note that this would be another reason why Alexis might have somewhat trusted him, despite his creepiness (assuming she was led off willingly).

I think this is upstream somewhere, but has it been concretely determined / confirmed if there was any damage to either RAT's or Alexis' vehicles? TIA.

In The Daily Progress article, Margaret Turner (RAT's son's maternal grandmother) stated she knew members of the Murphy family and has spoken with Alexis's great-grandmother since RAT's arrest. Whether this familiarity between the two families (Turner and Murphy) extended to Alexis and the grandson is not mentioned in the article.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_55d4637c-048a-11e3-8856-0019bb30f31a.html

really... wait... is this third man no different then second man? I am sooo confused by these news people!! hold on...

okay.... so they worded it to make it sound like yet another person..... but no.... "Hallahan says he has located this third unidentified man he describes as a black male with corn rows in his mid to late 20s who drives a 20-year-old burgundy caprice". ....my horrible bad...

They'll probably find Samantha when they find Alexis. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll find either girl. Hate to be a Debby Downer, but this guy knew what worked and probably stuck to it.

On one hand I agree that hiding the bodies and leaving families in eternal torment is a significant part of the strategy, so he can successfully do his "who me?" thing. He wants to be able to live his life so he makes sure the girls aren't found. Someone like the Zodiac killer made himself scarce, but at least left the bodies to be found. But, my belief system tells me that God willing and able, and LE will find what they need to break the choke hold that this monster has on this state. He thinks he's invincible but he's not.

His attorney may have bitten off more than he can chew because if they let the monster out, just know that this will happen again.

Also wanted to add that if AM's real hair was found at the property, this could be signs of a struggle (hair pulled). Even weave hair is traceable, since those would be found around her home.

Ok wait a sec... So "third man" means corn row dude? Can this reporter count? Or is he just using outdated, non-gender neutral terms and including Alexis in the "three" man count?

:waiting:

yes... but, most of the ones we have open around here are in areas that are populated... meaning, they are due to man-made causes...old pipes going under the highway etc... not naturally occurring in the forest, so much... and not commonly occurring either... around here the ground consists of heavy red clay and lots of shale, quartz, and soap stone..

thanks. we have massive sinks, so, while i think they might be different than what im used to, they could still be used to dispose of a body, am i right? i mean, we have plenty that are full of water, but ohsomany that are so deep, cars have been driven into them and never seen again.

eta, ive often wo.dered if ali gilmore was put in a sinkhole :(

Ok wait a sec... So "third man" means corn row dude? Can this reporter count? Or is he just using outdated, non-gender neutral terms and including Alexis in the "three" man count?

:waiting:

I don't know what the heck they're doing, I can't BELIEVE how crappy the coverage has been so far.

An AA was never issued.

Not sure if this one was posted yet. Interesting, the attorney is former Albemarle and Greene Co. LE.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/ran...ak/-/20128466/21480558/-/nhf4qfz/-/index.html

Interesting because both of those agencies have come under scrutiny. Especially since the Harrington case.

Been holding back on my theories but I'm really thinking we need to consider that Rat is a middle man for others in a chain of bad guys. That would explain FBI taking over. Just in the past month a Richmond teen was found and rescued from Northern VA.
Supposedly RAT doesn't have any money but we hear he bought weed, he has several vehicles, buys *advertiser censored*, pays to clean his car, cigs, has for the monster SUV and so forth. Not to mention all those court fees. So he can't make much moving and washing cars. Also, we know he travels a lot.

There are dozens of teens missing from Tidewater and the Richmond area. Perhaps the more sauve young thugs find the girls on SM and at cubs and parties and strike up a quasi "friendship" OL with them. Then the set up begins and RAT does his part in getting the girls, handing them off and getting paid in cash or drugs or both. Then one car, of 2nd perps, follows in the victim's car and dumps it, car with victim picks up driver and off to I64 and then Onto i95 or I 85 to NYC, DC, Balt, Philly, Miami, Atlanta you ame it and the kids are gone!

Oh for :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: sake!! There can't be a "third" man or P.S. from WSET would be all over it, even on his day off. Yea, the media is looking pitiful with this one. I'm more inclined to trust The Hook than any of the news stations around here. All of them have a habit of trying to create controversy on their FB pages. I reeks of immaturity for people who are suppose to be professionals.

a third man?? if his lawyer is doing the counting then he's in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay