Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now!!! What else is he going to mysteriously remember? If any of it's true, why does he keep adding details later on? Why not say it all at once? Next he'll say she rode off on a pink elephant with 10 different men. This is just making me sick!!! pllllleeeaase!

If you scroll right up there is a helpful post on extensions and how they work. =)

What a shame. :blushing:
This thread moves too fast to just occasionally check. But I should've known that this aspect of the investigation gets enough attention. :D

Details are not being added on, WSET just made a misleading tweet.

Odd how the atty is disclosing his client's info publicly.

I think his attorney thinks if he releases all of this publicly and enough people believe it then somehow RAT will get off just like last time. Because you know so many people feel sorry for him for being treated so poorly and unfairly. Right!

I am beyond frustrated and angry at this point, so I am gonna go take a break (and I wasn't even in thread for very long! :help: )

And if I'm this distraught, I cannot even imagine how Alexis's family is holding on. :(. Sending SO many blessings and thoughts of strength and love to them. :rose:

BBL after I cool off and calm down. :banghead:

thanks. we have massive sinks, so, while i think they might be different than what im used to, they could still be used to dispose of a body, am i right? i mean, we have plenty that are full of water, but ohsomany that are so deep, cars have been driven into them and never seen again.

no, for driving cars, trains, planes, and buses into we have the quarries :) I miss going swimming in the quarries... oh the memories.. :abnormal:

I don't know what the heck they're doing, I can't BELIEVE how crappy the coverage has been so far.
yeah... sorry about that.... so back to something actually important... wheres my coffee.... oh.,.. now... back to something that really IS important, what was the scanner thread?? I tried to look at the link and there was nothing there since last night? ...I know this isn't hard to do but I am confused again :)

Would that be a twart? :biggrin:

Seriously. (I think I'm probably getting more riled up over this twitter/facebook craptastic coverage because I used to work at a real-live print newspaper. In the research library. You know, where we did fact-checking. When a major misprint, factual error, typo etc, happened, it was an embarrassment for the whole editorial department. Blah blah blah, you dang kids, get off my lawn, etc.)

Ack, third man what? Lol... :scared:

"Hallahan claims Murphy said she knew of someone who could sell it to him at another location in Lovingston.

According to Hallahan, that's when the pair met up with a third man, and it was from him, that Taylor allegedly purchased $60 worth of pot."

Just look at the hideous reporting of Hannah Anderson case last week...bad reporting is the new normal.

no, for driving cars, trains, planes, and buses into we have the quarries :) I miss going swimming in the quarries... oh the memories.. :abnormal:

yeah... sorry about that.... so back to something actually important... wheres my coffee.... oh.,.. now... back to something that really IS important, what was the scanner thread?? I tried to look at the link and there was nothing there since last night? ...I know this isn't hard to do but I am confused again :)

Haha, that's the other thing that is characterizing this story (besides amateur-hour media coverage): people saying they heard stuff on scanner but not transcribing it. I'm sure if our usual rewinders like Peachy were around, they would be helping out if they could.

I think it's pretty low of RAT's attorney to be making these kinds of statements now, since he's not even scheduled for another court appearance until January. All this stuff about beer cans and third men and weed :stormingmad sounds like a lot of hooey to distract from the real issue, which is of course that AM is missing, her family is devastated, and she needs to be found ASAP. At this point I'd prefer it if RAT's mouthpiece would just kindly shut the H---- up.:twocents:

Yea, our local media can induce eye rolling quite often. I'm not surprised. They botch things on SM a lot.

Can hardly blame them, they usually just have to cover high school sports or zoning hearings relating to a controversial cell phone tower. Hell I once graced the cover of the Nelson County Times sports section for a game of pick up basketball with my brother and friend. True story.

Ok wait a sec... So "third man" means corn row dude? Can this reporter count? Or is he just using outdated, non-gender neutral terms and including Alexis in the "three" man count?

:waiting:

RAT is once again describing two other males for another missing female (AM). He said there were two males who SC had been involved with. He said one of the males had a girlfriend. He then said that one of the males who was his friend and the girlfriend of that male were a threat to SC.

Ok wait a sec... So "third man" means corn row dude? Can this reporter count? Or is he just using outdated, non-gender neutral terms and including Alexis in the "three" man count?

I'd say including Alexis in that count is even more gender-neutral and progressive than I'd like.
Or maybe the reporter just got confused after researching other potential victims and coming across Dashad "Sage" Smith.

Here is something I hadn't heard yesterday..

Katelyn Sherwood ‏@Katelyn8News 22h
@SaveTheNextGirl yes, the people in the woods with dogs were all with the department of corrections. They aren't telling us why.

BRp-fL7CcAAVlqY.jpg

His son is apparently a freshman starting at the same school as Alexis. I've wondered if they knew each other myself - at least in passing. I doubt they hung out together though.

I hope the kids at school leave him alone, although I'm afraid they won't. I really feel for him. His life has just been turned upside down and inside out. Poor kid, another victim of RAT.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

RAT is once again describing two other males for another missing female (AM). He said there were two males who SC had been involved with. He said one of the males had a girlfriend. He then said that one of the males who was his friend and the girlfriend of that male were a threat to SC.

But he's not. WSET is for some reason using the phrase 'third man' to describe Cornrow:

http://www.wset.com/story/23143134/...-with-alexis-murphy-the-night-she-disappeared

Hallahan says he has located this third unidentified man he describes as a black male with corn rows in his mid to late 20s who drives a 20-year-old burgundy caprice.

If you read the article carefully, you will see only two men are mentioned. I don't know what they're smoking over there.

(Sorry to keep hammering on this--we saw how quickly the landfill thing got out of control last night.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine