Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but even still, I thought this was already a criminal investigation, lol.

Well, yes it has been since day 1. However yesterday, nbc29 said it was upped from something to a "criminal investigation". I have no idea why, as it always has been. I guess b/c they found "it" whatever it may be. (phone I think, but that is jmo)

I'm very disappointed they haven't found Alexis yet.

Amazingly, they did arrest the right man who knows darn well he was with her before she disappeared. What are the chances he had nothing to do with her being gone now?

It gives me a great deal of hope that investigating him and his movements will lead them eventually to Alexis.

I'm very disappointed they haven't found Alexis yet.

Amazingly, they did arrest the right man who knows darn well he was with her before she disappeared. What are the chances he had nothing to do with her being gone now?

It gives me a great deal of hope that investigating him and his movements will lead them eventually to Alexis.

He already admitted to being with her. He even said she was in his camper. His reasons are just to cover his behind, and LE knows that. I do think LE will find he may have been checking her out long before he took her. LE knows he was the last person with her, now they have to prove it. If they are finding her things near his camper spot, they are part of the way there.

Well, yes it has been since day 1. However yesterday, nbc29 said it was upped from something to a "criminal investigation". I have no idea why, as it always has been. I guess b/c they found "it" whatever it may be. (phone I think, but that is jmo)

Wasn't it something like it had been moved from a missing person case to a criminal investigation? Then later they reiterated that they were continuing the search for Alexis, possibly to remove confusion about the investigation. I don't know. I'm confused as the next person!

But I do suspect the phone was found given the "we found it!" report and the connection with the DOC having dogs there, possibly dogs that are trained to sniff out cell phones.

He already admitted to being with her. He even said she was in his camper. His reasons are just to cover his behind, and LE knows that. I do think LE will find he may have been checking her out long before he took her.

I'm not so sure. The timeline would indicate to me more of a crime of opportunity. Why initiate the abduction at the busiest place in the county if you've been planning it?

I am wondering if it is because the DOC has the dogs available for searches.

And then I found this, which might explain it!

I bet they were looking for her cell phone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...174_2.html?hpid=artslot&sid=ST2008071000032&=

From your link:

Lambert said inmates have been known to conceal phones in jars of peanut butter and wrap them in waterproof plastic and submerge them in toilets, two tricks he said do not fool dogs he has trained.

My dog would find that Peanut Butter in less than 30 seconds, forget the phone. :floorlaugh:

I could be wrong but at first it was a missing person case and now it's a criminal case.

From your link:

My dog would find that Peanut Butter in less than 30 seconds, forget the phone. :floorlaugh:

I'm sure they also put them in unmentionable places to smuggle them in. :scared:

Just found this on NBC29...didn't know if it had been posted.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 23h
Nelson Schools confirm Randy Taylor chaperoned a MS field trip last year, okayed because he was not on a sex offender registry #AlexisMurphy

okay... here is my little mini theory....

1)I think they found her phone yesterday... hence them not being there combing his place today... especially if what your saying about the use of dogs specifically trained to find cells were there with the DOC and I remember seeing a news segment about these dogs sometime ago and thinking how cool that was

2) I think they knew about the existence of or irrelevance of corn row dude (CRD) since RAT says he first mentioned it during questioning way back at beginning of investigation when she first went missing (warrants issued) and LE either have been watching CRD intently or already talked to him and cleared him...

3) I think that the statements about the FBI now working out of Chville office and no more releases until further notice and the fact that family is now allowed to talk to media freely and the only one talking is RAT & his attorney, is the LE's way of throwing him enough thread for him to weave a rope for him to hang himself with and them sitting back (figuratively because i know they are still busting butt working the case) and watching him do it...

just my thoughts and all that...

And now my thoughts of buying jars of peanut butter and water to throw in the woods for anyone out there are destroyed. Lol.

I'm sure they also put them in unmentionable places to smuggle them in. :scared:

Just found this on NBC29...didn't know if it had been posted.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 23h
Nelson Schools confirm Randy Taylor chaperoned a MS field trip last year, okayed because he was not on a sex offender registry #AlexisMurphy

great...

If I saw creepo beetle neck with my kids, I'd be like, "I'm coming on this field trip too!"

<jeez, you'd think his other 50 million charges would've made them weary...:rolleyes: >

Wasn't it something like it had been moved from a missing person case to a criminal investigation? Then later they reiterated that they were continuing the search for Alexis, possibly to remove confusion about the investigation. I don't know. I'm confused as the next person!

But I do suspect the phone was found given the "we found it!" report and the connection with the DOC having dogs there, possibly dogs that are trained to sniff out cell phones.

Yes.. I found the second one.

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 5h
FBI says investigators have not changed their stance: "This is a search for a missing (and alive) teen" #AlexisMurphy pic.twitter.com/n1xS5OUpqI

I'm not so sure. The timeline would indicate to me more of a crime of opportunity. Why initiate the abduction at the busiest place in the county if you've been planning it?

It is, and maybe it isn't. I thought so at first. Until the family said Alexis shopped at the station daily, and a witness (or more?) said RAT people watches at the station daily.

okay... here is my little mini theory....

1)I think they found her phone yesterday... hence them not being there combing his place today... especially if what your saying about the use of dogs specifically trained to find cells were there with the DOC and I remember seeing a news segment about these dogs sometime ago and thinking how cool that was

2) I think they knew about the existence of or irrelevance of corn row dude (CRD) since RAT says he first mentioned it during questioning way back at beginning of investigation when she first went missing (warrants issued) and LE either have been watching CRD intently or already talked to him and cleared him...

3) I think that the statements about the FBI now working out of Chville office and no more releases until further notice and the fact that family is now allowed to talk to media freely and the only one talking is RAT & his attorney, is the LE's way of throwing him enough thread for him to weave a rope for him to hang himself with and them sitting back (figuratively because i know they are still busting butt working the case) and watching him do it...

just my thoughts and all that...

I think that is a very good theory. And probably pretty close. I do really think that LE has not ignored this "third person" at all. If they have then they deserve a sound thrashing, but I don't think they have.

So we know it wouldn't be unusual to see him interacting with teens if he chaperoned a MS field trip. I would imagine his son was on the trip though, and that is why he chaperoned.

maybe? i have one who is 14 going on 15 and he is sophomore this year... they could have maybe had some brief contact seeing how middle school and high school are connected, but with him being a middie, and her being a junior last year, I highly doubt it..

My 1st thought was that it is his 1st day of Middle School as the HS/MS are in the same small school

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 23h

how is that possible????? to chaperone a field trip you have to have your finger prints scanned electronically and then have a full background check run.. I know because I have chaperoned on field trips!!! are you telling me they only run for the RSO's and no other type of offenses? or that the other offenses don't matter?? oh.... wooooooooooow....

great...

If I saw creepo beetle neck with my kids, I'd be like, "I'm coming on this field trip too!"

Yeah, people do need to be really aware of all around their children. There was a homeless heroin addict City school bus driver here for the wee ones for an entire school season. He got fired b/c he couldn't tolerate all the children making noise!!!:stormingmad: He should never have been hired! And, a client at work, that is only 90 days clean (according to her) just got hired as a school bus driver in one of the counties. It gets worse, but I'll leave the o/t now.

ETA: All they need is no RSO record, and pass the first and only drug test. That is it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member