Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how is that possible????? to chaperone a field trip you have to have your finger prints scanned electronically and then have a full background check run.. I know because I have chaperoned on field trips!!! are you telling me they only run for the RSO's and no other type of offenses? or that the other offenses don't matter?? oh.... wooooooooooow....

Apparently so, if we can trust NBC29. But they did say they confirmed with Nelson Co. Schools. You might want to check their policy.

I'm sure they also put them in unmentionable places to smuggle them in. :scared:

Just found this on NBC29...didn't know if it had been posted.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 23h
Nelson Schools confirm Randy Taylor chaperoned a MS field trip last year, okayed because he was not on a sex offender registry #AlexisMurphy

What does MS stand for? Thanks.

Wait nevermind, maybe it is Middle school or I don't know.

how is that possible????? to chaperone a field trip you have to have your finger prints scanned electronically and then have a full background check run.. I know because I have chaperoned on field trips!!! are you telling me they only run for the RSO's and no other type of offenses? or that the other offenses don't matter?? oh.... wooooooooooow....

Right!!! He only has twenty gazillion charges on him, but he's not an RSO, so that must mean we can go to Lego Land together!

This has got to be bull. I can't believe this.

Yeah, people do need to be really aware of all around their children. There was a homeless heroin addict City school bus driver here for the wee ones for an entire school season. He got fired b/c he couldn't tolerate all the children making noise!!!:stormingmad: He should never have been hired! And, a client at work, that is only 90 days clean (according to her) just got hired as a school bus driver in one of the counties. It gets worse, but I'll leave the o/t now.

Let's not forget Ariel Castro, our stellar school bus driver!

Just had a thought, I wonder if he has an underground bunker, or maybe I just watch too much tv lol, but his property is big enough for it.

I've been feeling this from the start...if not on his own property, somewhere else.

okay... here is my little mini theory....

1)I think they found her phone yesterday... hence them not being there combing his place today... especially if what your saying about the use of dogs specifically trained to find cells were there with the DOC and I remember seeing a news segment about these dogs sometime ago and thinking how cool that was

2) I think they knew about the existence of or irrelevance of corn row dude (CRD) since RAT says he first mentioned it during questioning way back at beginning of investigation when she first went missing (warrants issued) and LE either have been watching CRD intently or already talked to him and cleared him...

3) I think that the statements about the FBI now working out of Chville office and no more releases until further notice and the fact that family is now allowed to talk to media freely and the only one talking is RAT & his attorney, is the LE's way of throwing him enough thread for him to weave a rope for him to hang himself with and them sitting back (figuratively because i know they are still busting butt working the case) and watching him do it...

just my thoughts and all that...

Agree. A beautiful girl... a corn row dude and a rat! :scared:

His son is apparently a freshman starting at the same school as Alexis. I've wondered if they knew each other myself - at least in passing. I doubt they hung out together though.

I think the chances of them knowing each other would be slim especially the way the school systems are set up now - grammar/elementary school (K-5), middle school (6-8), and high school (9-12). She would have been a freshman in high school by the time he was a 6th grader in middle school. Unless they attended the same elementary school or he was a volleyball player I doubt they knew each other at all. Thinking back to when I was in high school, I didn't know any of the incoming freshman when I was a senior unless they had an older sibling.

Seriously. (I think I'm probably getting more riled up over this twitter/facebook craptastic coverage because I used to work at a real-live print newspaper. In the research library. You know, where we did fact-checking. When a major misprint, factual error, typo etc, happened, it was an embarrassment for the whole editorial department. Blah blah blah, you dang kids, get off my lawn, etc.)

you mean fart-checking? :biggrin:

So, earlier I'm wondering why his lawyer is revealing his client's privileged defense information. Maybe part of this is in order to control the public's perception of the defendant in case a change of venue motion is not granted.

So, earlier I'm wondering why his lawyer is revealing his client's privileged defense information. Maybe part of this is in order to control the public's perception of the defendant in case a change of venue motion is not granted.

BBM

That is exactly why. Venue change or not.

Yes.. I found the second one.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 5h
FBI says investigators have not changed their stance: "This is a search for a missing (and alive) teen" #AlexisMurphy pic.twitter.com/n1xS5OUpqI

Interesting. This tells me they have not found substantial blood evidence, etc. to determine that she is deceased.

I wish LE would say if they have a reason to believe she is alive. They did this with the Iowa girls and had a lot of people believing they had evidence of some sort that they were in fact alive. And of course, they weren't and still no arrest. I know they need to be hopeful, but a little bit honest too, IMO, and prepare the family for possibilities. Of course the family needs to believe she is alive and if LE is saying so too, they will be more convinced. Anyway...JMO

My 1st thought was that it is his 1st day of Middle School as the HS/MS are in the same small school

im an easily confused person so bear with me... i do not understand what exactly you saying here... let me restate and see if I got it? the hs and ms are two buildings but they are connected to each other... originally the high school was just the high school as a stand alone building and a few years back they built the middle school attached to the side so to speak... but also as a somewhat separate building... its almost like they attach at the corner.. the students in the hs wouldn't really be running through the halls with the students with the ms on a reg basis... ms runs 6, 7, & 8th grades... the hs 9-12th... he was starting his freshman year, so his 9th grade year, first year at the hs, not the ms... did that help clarify anything at all? i hope? sometimes when I try to clarify things, I tend to make even more of a jumble of things! LOL

I have doubts about Alexis having much if any contact with the son. I just don't see a high school girl interacting with a middle school boy. Alexis is popular and unless times have changed, older girls don't usually interact with boys that much younger than them. Why would they? Or, in better words, can anyone maybe come up with a reason why? I'm always open to others theories and opinions.

It is such beautiful country there.

I often walk the roads using the google maps for the cases I follow. I feel I was standing right there at the Liberty gas station and the McD, and wouldn't doubt for a minute that someone could be watching from that other parking lot.

There may have been a CornRowDude, but first there was RAT watching and planning something, IMO. I wouldn't say that, but lo and behold he was with her before she disappeared. He was around with Samantha too. It can't be a fluke, IMO. He won't get away with it this time, I pray.

Authorities have not ruled out whether another person is involved in Alexis Murphy's disappearance, but they refuse to comment on Randy Taylor's story. Taylor's defense attorney says that after going public with his client's story, he has the answers he needs.

"I got 20 or 30 calls. I got a lot of good information," said Hallahan.

Hallahan, a police officer turned defense attorney says he's located the individual last seen with Alexis Murphy.

"He's a witness that I needed law enforcement to talk to," he said.

Hallahan declined to name that individual or talk about any other facts of the case.

http://www.wset.com/story/23150131/...s-his-side-about-alexis-murphys-disappearance

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
@HenryGraff reports: FBI says investigators have found several cell phones and are working to see if any belong to #AlexisMurphy.

https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6m
Investigators say they're working out of FBI regional headquarters in Charlottesville until #AlexisMurphy case solved.

The FBI investigators have distanced themselves from the local police, probably because of the dreadful way the local LE handled the SC case. Allowing the local LE to handle the investigation would undermine the credibility of the evidence presented by the prosecution.

I highly doubt that the FBI were called in because of a family connection, as was reported at the beginning of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha