Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually disagree. I don't see any assassinating of character here. Perhaps I am a minority but I don't see how someone smoking pot or even setting up a deal for pot is anything negative regarding AM. Not at her age, it is pretty normal to smoke weed and very few people look at it as any sort of big deal. Someone upthread said that the culture there is pretty laid back when it comes to weed. Now I had a teenage and 20's background of lots of pot so maybe i am coming from a different space but its been 30 years since i smoked lol.

There is nothing that even begins to suggest she asked for it, had done anything to cause it, its no different than someone bringing over a 24 and being a teen. big deal. its technically illegal but its pretty mainstream.

Not saying I believe his story but there is one way it will raise reasonable doubt and that is if cornrow dude corroborates his story. And it is really hard to see why he would come up with it if he knew he wouldn't corroborate it. Does him no good at all that way, just makes him look as if he is making it up. So the detail, rather than saying broadly it was some black dude but actually doing everything but naming him makes me question.
sorry I wasn't more clear. I did not mean that he was currently assassinating her character.. I was just thinking down the road what he may attempt to do in a trial situation. I witnessed much of the same in the Travis Alexander case. I agree that he is absolutely entitled to the best defense possible.

But why would he disable his hotline and instruct people to call LE?

Asking the public to call him directly could put him in some uncomfortable situations. He could become a witness in the case, he could be charged with obstruction of justice if he chooses not to pass on the info are some examples. I have never understood attorneys that jump to that idea b/c they saw it on t.v. I guess it depends on the State you are in and how their legal system handles such issues.

ETA: He could do all this privately/quietly or with a P.I. and no problems, but not advertise for the public to call him.

But why would he disable his hotline and instruct people to call LE?

because he's full of caca..........probably knows cornrow was questioned and ruled out before he leaked that tidbit to the media.

I really have a hard time with vilifying Hallahan, like some in here are doing. He's a court appointed attorney. It's his job to represent his client, whether he's innocent or guilty, and he's doing it to the best of his ability with what he's been given.

Agreed!!! He is doing his job, as unpleasant as it must be!

I really have a hard time with vilifying Hallahan, like some in here are doing. He's a court appointed attorney. It's his job to represent his client, whether he's innocent or guilty, and he's doing it to the best of his ability with what he's been given.

Agree. I hope I didn't come across as necessarily vilifying him when I mentioned his comment about "not wanting to know" where she is. To me it was just a "well damn!" moment, because I'd think as a person he WOULD want to know where he is - at least from a moral stand point. That said, I didn't see him say it on tape so I have no idea what the context is and the media is good a taking things out of context.

I did just watch the video of his interview on NBC29. I'm not seeing a slick, well spoken lawyer doing a bang up PR job here. He stumbled several times, particularly over the beer. I think he's just doing his job and maybe not even to the best of his ability, period. It's not his job to prosecute but to defend. I do find it interesting that he has closed down his "tip line" and has asked people to call LE instead if they have info on the "third" suspect.

A lot of mom's would, especially if they don't know. My parents never knew half of what I did as a teen when I was even younger than AM. My mother swore up and down to me one day that my brother would NEVER touch alcohol when I knew for a fact that he had on a number of occasions. I feel for her mom, may be finding out for the first time what was on her daughter's SM accounts. You'd be surprised at the number of parents who don't know. If AM used her phone for her primary internet access then it is likely her mom never saw it. Much of it may have been for show as well, to look cool to her peers.

On another note....that article said Taylor WORKED at the car wash. I think the media is leading to a lot of confusion without facts.

According to Mike Hallahan, Taylor’s attorney, his client said he met Alexis nearly a month ago while working at a local car wash where Taylor said the teen spotted him him smoking pot — and sparked up a conversation.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/15/alexis-murphy-marijuana-claims/

And are we going to have another day of timeouts and slow loading times? Sheesh. I think I'll go enjoy the beautiful outdoors.

And MoxieThyme...I'm with you on the search. I'd certainly help if they opened up to the public.

I see your point. However, take a step back and put yourself in Alexis' parents' shoes. Would you want to hear the defense attorney for the man that is suspected of abducting and possibly killing your daughter saying 'I don't ever ask a client that, 'cause I don't want to know." (This was in reference to missing VICTIM Alexis Murphy and her whereabouts.) This is someone's LIFE we are talking about. Someone's daughter, sister, niece, grand daughter and friend....That is an absolutely horrible thing to say about a victim!

Hallahan did take the job as a public defender, so he should defend his client BUT he could do so in a more appropriate and refined way.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23150801/search-for-alexis-day-12-hearing-set-fbi-moves-headquarters

I'm just going to say this again. There is No Way that a 20 something drug dealer ever comes to a stranger with an once or two of pot! Not even if the person asking to hook up this stranger is someone you know very well...especially if the dealer's friend is only a passing acquaintance to this 48 year old man who lives in a camper trailer on a wooded lot with an abandoned house.

O/T This reminds me of a conversation I once had with my sibling. When driving through some rural part of Virginia, we saw an old trailer next to an old ramshackle of a house. My sib said, "which came first the house or the trailer?" We laughed for five minutes.

I'm pretty sure that if the dealer and a young woman saw that property, they would never proceed up that driveway no less go into the camper. JMO, they would have a similar reaction as my sib and I had. (Sorry if this is condescending but it is what it is.)

I see your point. However, take a step back and put yourself in Alexis' parents' shoes. Would you want to hear the defense attorney for the man that is suspected of abducting and possibly killing your daughter saying 'I don't ever ask a client that, 'cause I don't want to know." (This was in reference to missing VICTIM Alexis Murphy and her whereabouts.) This is someone's LIFE we are talking about. Someone's daughter, sister, niece, grand daughter and friend....That is an absolutely horrible thing to say about a victim!

Hallahan did take the job as a public defender, so he should defend his client BUT he could do so in a more appropriate and refined way.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23150801/search-for-alexis-day-12-hearing-set-fbi-moves-headquarters

I agree with you on that one. That statement took me aback a bit. But like I said, we don't know the context in which it was reported. I don't think this guy is very savvy. At least he didn't appear so when I watched him speak about Taylor's story. I think he has said some things openly that he shouldn't have and now realizes his mistakes.

Dear God. IF this is the person these women last encountered, if MH was killed by him; we will all want him to get the needle like yesterday! I cannot believe they are searching that property but since his buttresses up and right directly to that area of the farm, my Mind is spinning.

ITA agree! It would make Alexis' case so much sadder, if it is the same horrible person that battered and murdered poor Morgan! I followed that case so close and cried when they found her remains. I can only hope and pray that Alexis was not battered and murdered as well.

I agree with you on that one. That statement took me aback a bit. But like I said, we don't know the context in which it was reported. I don't think this guy is very savvy. At least he didn't appear so when I watched him speak about Taylor's story. I think he has said some things openly that he shouldn't have and now realizes his mistakes.

Maybe he doesn't mind getting fired. In his shoes, I might be making a few "mistakes" as well. Not malpractice mistakes, but maybe a PR mistake or two.

Do know what the conflict of interest was that the previous attorney cited? Or possible conflicts of interest?

Given that we suspect RAT is the type to tell most of the truth while adding or leaving out the critical details, the following is more likely to be closer to the truth.

One of our members said that her friend, who lives on Country lane saw RAT on her street talking with someone like Cornrow Dude. If that happened then, my guess is, RAT already knew that 20 something, corn row dude, sold pot. Others have said RAT was a regular at the vacuum machine at the liberty and also known to sit in the Food Lion lot watching people at the Liberty.

So, let's say that he saw Alexis talk to Corn Row dude more than once at the Liberty. Then, on the day she goes missing, RAT sees her and says something to the effect of, "Excuse me Miss, I was wonderin' if you know that kid who drives the Old souped up Capri with the 22s?" Then he tells her some bogus story and she maybe agrees to point out where to find Cornrow." That seems more plausible a scenario. Once he has her out on the rural stretch of Rt29, he makes his move on her.

JUST ANOTHER THEORY.

What bothers me, with technology today....why would she even be on this drug deal? Why wouldn't she just give him CRD's phone number? Or just tell him the area he hangs out in? Why would she put herself in the middle of it and with RAT at that?

What bothers me, with technology today....why would she even be on this drug deal? Why wouldn't she just give him CRD's phone number? Or just tell him the area he hangs out in? Why would she put herself in the middle of it and with RAT at that?

Most dealers don't want people they don't know very well to have their phone number.

I'm not caught up, only a few pages behind. But im gonna say something that might be shocking to some. There is textural differences between black people and white people hair. I know for a fact my white friends have hair that sheds. For the most part, even when I get my hair permed. Which, when I say permed for black folk, it means getting your hair processed with chemicals to make it straight. Anyhoo, because our hair is thicker and a different texture even from those caucasians that have curly hair, it doesnt really shed or break off randomly.

I'm also wondering if she wore her hair naturally or did she have extensions, weave or anything like that? Hard to tell from the convieniece store footage. Cause if she had some fake hair in, then it is most difficult to get your real hair to break off anywhere. That would be due to force or hair pulling or something rough happening to her.

Just FYI...

I thought I had originally read/heard that AM was going to meet a couple of guys while/after shopping on the evening/night of August 3rd...

Eclypse33 kindly asked me (in a past thread somewhere) if I had a link for that information... so to refresh my own memory... and to answer Eclypse's question.... I went back to research...

Here are two posts I found:

1. One has another friend of AM saying she was going to meet with "a friend"...

2. And another post share information of a tweet of AM's... which says AM was going to meet up with a couple of guys...

I hope this is alright for me to link/post...

And I hope this helps...

Post by Nursebeeme - 8-5-2013
Thread #1 - Page #1 - Post #4

"Law enforcement is using helicopters to scan the area for Alexis Murphy. The FBI is also involved in the search.

When asked if the 17-year-old Murphy was abducted, Nelson County Sheriff's Office investigator Billy Mays declined to comment. Murphy was last seen around 6 p.m. Saturday.

"We just want her to come home safe," Mays said.

According to family friend Brandon Bell, Murphy told friends that she was going to Lynchburg to meet a friend. Murphy hasn’t been heard from since."
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/nels...z/-/index.html

http://www.wdbj7.com/image/view/-/21...elease-JPG.jpg

says endangered missing on flier

BBM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post by revampz - 8-7-2013
Thread #1 - Page #8 - Post #186

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is a #findAlexisMurphy page on twitter.....there is not much info on it, lots of tweets, however right right down it does mention that she was going to meet a couple of guys and they have said that she did not turn up...

Sorry if this is not the right thing to do.....not sure how to go about social media posts...

BBM...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMO

Do know what the conflict of interest was that the previous attorney cited? Or possible conflicts of interest?

Is there a conflict of interest reported?

If so, it could be any minor thing. The other attorney could be RAT's ex-wife's attorney, CornRow's attorney, or represented RAT before and they didn't get along or RAT didn't pay attorney fees. Could be the other attorney is booked up on big cases and doesn't have time for any new cases, could have surgery scheduled, just any number of things.

ok I totally see the story RAT is telling as back peddling and character assasination and racial sterotyping. I heard this story and about flipped!

So AM doesnt text tweet or anything after 7:40? yet she was hanging out with one old dude she just happen to start a conversation with about smoking weed? So how did she get with the so called dealer? Just show up?? MOst people call their dealers. This can be verified by her phone records, duh. Why didnt he tell this story when he was first arrested and charged?

And let me tell you how I see it. There are some on the internet, not here, but other sites where people are like, "ok yeah this is possible". So I ask them why in the world would you believe someone who allegedly kidnapped and possible murdered AM and maybe even others out there?

Ok yeah, black chick, 17, of course it all makes sense. AH HA! She had to be into weed cause of course every teen is out there smoking pot and kicking it with drug dealers especial african american. Uh, no.

And can RAT cram anymore useless sterotypes in one story. Cornrows? I dunno who even wears cornrows anymore!! That was like so 10 years ago.A caprice? yup I know about 6 brothers that have a caprice. Drug dealer? check? Drinking a beer, yup. He might has well say this guy have a gold grill, drinking a 40oz, wearing a gold chain and blasted lil wayne when he left. And he doesnt know the guys name? Let's say it was pookie.

As you can probably tell I'm a bit annoyed by this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735