Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...or it could be Alexis'.... ...or it could be any number of people who camp, canoe, fish, or Kayak on the Rockfish River at any time of year... at this point, from the limited view we have of the article of clothing found, its all just a guess... a frustrating guess at that... I am curious as to the other items they alluded to from all the searches that day... and definitely find it curious as to asking the family not to comment on the shirt/sweater ....more things that lead me to believe that LE is very seriously working on something that forces them to be super tightlipped in this case... they dont want to confirm, deny, imply, hint, suggest, or even hazard a guess.. or anything... about anything ...since day 1... the idea upthread that the hushiness about the clothing found being because of not wanting to provide information to possible accomplices, seems a possibility... but again I feel like everything is just assumption on our parts because of their need for quiet on this case... I cant wait for the grand jury.. maybe some answers then... all moo :)

I cant decide if its her shirt or not. I didnt think it was but after looking at the pic someone posted it looks like a crew neck shirt to me. We also have the color discussion at my work. My boss says males only have 8 crayons in their box of colors and females have the 64 pack. The white spots someone mentioned could be the designs on her shirt that look yellow in the pic but then I think those designs would be seen elsewhere on the shirt. Maybe I just wanna believe its hers.

My thoughts on the shirt/sweater that was found..... I can see both viewpoints that LE might want to make someone concerned enough to say something or do something if the perp knows it's her shirt or not. For instance, say it isn't...and someone then overhears or is told by another person that it's no way it could be Alexis' shirt because she wasn't near that area, or RAT never would go there, etc. Likewise if it IS her shirt, the perp would be getting antsy about what else they found or will find. Behavior may change, etc. I dunno...just thinking.

I do find it must have been enough like Alexis' for them to show the parents and ask if it was hers! Enlarging the photo so it covers my comp screen, I can see that it isn't a zippered sweat shirt, and it doesn't look the same as looking at the small photo. (whoever said to use CTRL and the + keys to enlarge... thank you!) I'm not seeing a design however, it what we're seeing is the back, it might not have a design there. And if it's like some of the shirts my daughter gets, the designs will peel off in places. Would think that would be possible with water current, hitting against rocks, or whatever. But I don't know for sure.

I'm just glad multiple searches were done, and hopefully they found something to help find Alexis! And I hope RAT and any other perps that may be involved are feeling the heat and either start talking or sweating bullets enough that someone else notices!

I truly feel there must be someone else they are watching, and waiting for them to make a certain move. Can't figure out how all this went down without another perp being involved...but that's just my viewpoint!

I'm not seeing a design however, it what we're seeing is the back, it might not have a design there.

I've been pretty set on thinking it isn't hers and I'm still leaning that it isn't, but your post jilted a thought within me.

Could the shirt or sweater that the rescue worker is holding up be inside out?

No, Joan went missing in 2010. I think they were referring to Tshunda Clark who went missing 1/4/2013 from Lynchburg an was reportedly wearing a red hoodie.

I meant Joan Cook, yes. In cold water, the sweater could easily survive several years, depending on what it's made of.

For those of you that think the shirt may be hers... and those of you that think it isn't.... I'd appreciate it if you'd share your reasoning to help me make up my mind.

(Last night I just KNEW it was a zip up sweatshirt until someone here said no, it's the sleeve, and we're seeing water in the "crack". Well, of course I thought they were wrong, and looked again, and again, and fiddled with the pic... and....:blushing: of course, they were RIGHT!!!) I welcome the chance to look at things in a different way.
Yes indeed, what looked like metal zipper or a vertical metallic stripe is indeed the space between the sleeve and the body of the top and inside the space is the water in the background.

On the right side of the photo and toward the shoulder of the garment, it does look like it might be the inseam...shirt inside out.

Yes indeed, what looked like metal zipper or a vertical metallic stripe is indeed the space between the sleeve and the body of the top and inside the space is the water in the background.

On the right side of the photo and toward the shoulder of the garment, it does look like it might be the inseam...shirt inside out.

What do you know, that's what it is, for sure.

It looks a lot more like hers when I look at it that way. The material doesn't look nearly so heavy.

What do you know, that's what it is, for sure.

It looks a lot more like hers when I look at it that way. The material doesn't look nearly so heavy.

Right, and the sleeves, especially given they are sopping wet, only come down to this guys hip. The sleeves, when dry, would likely come down to just about there if they are not 3/4 length. IMO, At 5'7" tall and 150 lbs, the sleeves on a women's S/M long-sleeved tank/tee-shirt, like Alexis would wear, would hang down at least to his hips when the material is fully drenched.

Right, and the sleeves, especially given they are sopping wet, only come down to this guys hip. The sleeves, when dry, would likely come down to just about there if they are not 3/4 length. IMO, At 5'7" tall and 150 lbs, the sleeves on a women's S/M long-sleeved tank/tee-shirt, like Alexis would wear, would hang down at least to his hips when the material is fully drenched.

seems like they knew where to search, and had several people looking,
IMO it's her shirt. If so, he must've put the clothes there right away,
then possibly placed Alexis somewhere else, then her car in the movie lot.
Probably is telling LE where to look, I think he is cooperating, JMO. After the
sensitive evidence was presented, IMO he knows he better start dealing before the Grand Jury. I know that sounds weird, but maybe his atty is telling him that the Grand Jury is going to be a slam dunk NOT in his favor, and with all of his crime learnin, maybe he knows it too.
When they had Brandon Scott Lavergne for killing Mickey, it didn't seemk like he was going to tell them where she was, but when faced with all of the evidence, all of the sudden he confessed when they brought up the other woman he killed and were going to give him the DP.

Can someone please bump up the picture of the clothing that is being referred to?

I can't seem to locate it. Please and TIA!

ETA: found it ! Bumping it up!

5ade2y5y.jpg

y8u8eda4.jpg

I think they are right in searching the RockFish river. The last post I had made on her thread a few weeks ago was about the recent flooding of that river and how hopefully it will unearth some things and give us answers.

They must have noticed RAT started shaking in his boots when news got out that it MIGHT be her sweater. Perhaps they are hoping to trick him into a confession or noticed he began acting strange/insecure every time they mentioned that river.

The shirt they found looks like it has a wide neck like the one she was wearing the day she went missing.

Thank you to who enhanced the image because I also thought it was a zipper when I first saw the picture.

Who was it that spoke about the hills with abandoned/vacant houses right near the rockfish river? it is likely imoo her clothing could have washed down the hills into the river with all the flooding.

Who referenced this? C'mon locals. I can't remember... :(

"Murphy was last scene on Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovington, where surveillance footage shows her wearing a red sweater and leopard print pants."

I'm pretty sure that the missing poster and all FBI info says that Alexis was wearing floral leggings....Where in the world did leopard print pants come from now!?

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_0da8c692-126d-11e3-95f7-001a4bcf6878.html

:banghead:
Re: #831

I can see how the circular patterns of the flowers, and the poor quality of the footage, could lead someone to seeing a leopard print if s/he was in a rush.

Looking around, IMO, it's pretty easy to find floral print leggings that have a similar pattern on a body in motion to the pattern on the leggings in that photo. For instance:

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/shor...hResults&colorizedImg=DP0617201317105709M.tif

When looking at AM's right leg in the in-store photo and the right leg on the model, I thought the patterns looked pretty similar.

Just doing a little speculating on the colour of AM's top in the same photo.

I thought the pattern of the leggings AM was wearing in the photo had a pink, not a red tone. Therefore, I could see AM wearing a sweater that was a deep rose tones, or, as carbuff suggested in #871, a fuschia rose colour so it would be more in harmony with the shades in her pants.

To me it looked like a fine knit scoop neck long sleeve cropped pullover in a basic color of dark rose, with lighter coloured embellishments or embroidery on the sleeves and on the front. I understand there is lettering on the pullover, but can't make it out what it is.

If LE has not told them to make no comments, could locals who know AM say where she likely bought that top?

I think it's telling that not only has LE has made no comment regarding the red sweater pulled from the river yesterday, but that they have asked the Murphy family to say nothing about it. The neckline as it is held looks wrong to me, but that could be due to the fabric having been stretched by the water or torn in some way. Plus, the sleeves seem not to have the coloring shown on the in-store photo. If inside out, then perhaps differences in colour wouldn't show.

Anyway, this may all be moot.

I'm quoting a few sentences from an article updated 11:40 pm August 31. My apologies if it has already been posted.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/31/search-continues-for-alexis-murphy/

"Investigator William Mays told WVIR the areas covered in Saturday's search may be connected to Randy Taylor...Investigators said Alexis was not wearing a sweater the last time she was seen."

So, does this mean that there is another witness? Is this coming from RAT? Is RAT's possible accomplice turning on RAT? Was AM seen after RAT possibly handed her off to someone he was himself working for? Has LE seen something online that makes them believe she is still alive and they have just not yet been able to reach her? Did this search also have to do with finding evidence about additional victims of RAT and friends?

Or are we just using two different words to describe the same garment?

I still think RAT has deeper, darker, more far-reaching connections than even his rap sheet would hint at.

Is it ok with everyone here if I do a crime route of this with my IGIS system? Maybe see possible route he took?

I just need:

The location her car was recovered (exact if possible)

The location RAT lives.

I already know where the gas station is.

Thank you!

Is it ok with everyone here if I do a crime route of this with my IGIS system? Maybe see possible route he took?

I just need:

The location her car was recovered (exact if possible)

The location RAT lives.

I already know where the gas station is.

Thank you!

Rat's place is right at the 10500 block of Thomas Nelson Highway. Her car was at a theater in Cville. Others may be able to give you more specs.

I enhanced and a played around the original pic and still thought it was a zipper. This post explains that it's clearly not a zipper. I was convinced it wasn't hers. Now I am not so sure. May very well be. Waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd