Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I somehow must have either missed this or didn't pay enough attention. Alexis' parents do not live together, is that correct?

Another question...do we know why Alexis drove into Lovingston on her way to Lynchburg? I understand the Google map shows Shipman right there at it, but based on where she lives, assuming with her mother, it's a few miles southeast of where Google Maps labels Shipman. Wouldn't going to Lovingston be quicker if you were intending on heading north on 29 whereas going through Arrington would be quicker if you were intending on heading south as to Lynchburg?

Mapping it out I see it's about a 7 mile difference based on where she lives and heading to Lynchburg...with it being 7 miles longer going through Lovingston.

I think he took the 834 to Stagebridge Rd/623. I feel somewhere along 623 is where he dropped her, but she is probably further south by now after the flooding so in that case, I would follow Rockfish Rd all the way down and check the riverbanks.

Is it ok with everyone here if I do a crime route of this with my IGIS system? Maybe see possible route he took?

I just need:

The location her car was recovered (exact if possible)

The location RAT lives.

I already know where the gas station is.

Thank you!

There's a google map on the first post of this thread that shows all of the locations.

I missed the article where it said the Murphys shouldn't talk about the sweater.

Another question...do we know why Alexis drove into Lovingston on her way to Lynchburg? I understand the Google map shows Shipman right there at it, but based on where she lives, assuming with her mother, it's a few miles southeast of where Google Maps labels Shipman. Wouldn't going to Lovingston be quicker if you were intending on heading north on 29 whereas going through Arrington would be quicker if you were intending on heading south as to Lynchburg?

Mapping it out I see it's about a 7 mile difference based on where she lives and heading to Lynchburg...with it being 7 miles longer going through Lovingston.

I have been wondering the same thing. I live in Shipman. When I go to Lynchburg, I use Oak Ridge Road to cut through to get on 29 S. It saves a few miles. Unless she was intent on getting a bite to eat from McD's. There are a couple of gas stations on 29 S on the way to Lynchburg in Nelson Co.

Alexis was borrowing her father's car. I am assuming she had her father's car already at the home having used it previously to go to work but that is a guess.

She was getting gas (not sure how much she needed) and I would imagine Liberty probably was the most economical station in the area.

I can't think off the top of my head what stations are along 29 after Arrington and if their pricing would be better than Liberty.

Along with gas Alexis may have also wanted something to eat (McDonald's).

I have been wondering the same thing. I live in Shipman. When I go to Lynchburg, I use Oak Ridge Road to cut through to get on 29 S. It saves a few miles. Unless she was intent on getting a bite to eat from McD's. There are a couple of gas stations on 29 S on the way to Lynchburg in Nelson Co.

Did she get something at McD's? Was that something confirmed?

I have been going through different articles concerning Alexis and noticed in this one from August 8 Troy Brown is handing out flyers and if you can enlarge the photo of the flyer it gives the description of what Alexis is wearing as "leopard print capri pants and a burgandy long sleeved shirt. This appears to be from The National Center For Missing & Exploited Children site. It currently has a similar description as that of the FBI. Just thought it was interesting in light of discussion concerning Alexis' top.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/218909451.html?device=tablet

I have been going through different articles concerning Alexis and noticed in this one from August 8 Troy Brown is handing out flyers and if you can enlarge the photo of the flyer it gives the description of what Alexis is wearing as "leopard print capri pants and a burgandy long sleeved shirt. This appears to be from The National Center For Missing & Exploited Children site. It currently has a similar description as that of the FBI. Just thought it was interesting in light of discussion concerning Alexis' top.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/218909451.html?device=tablet

Wow Deba, thanks. There's something else I see interesting in that article.

"He last saw Alexis Saturday night, when she borrowed his car to go shopping in Lynchburg"

I am not certain where the father lives, but I thought it was off of a different exit entirely and further south of Lovingston. No wonder he was shocked it was in Albemarle county.

That sweater could be hers. If its been in a river for a month it could be stretched by snagging on a rock or branch and getting pulled by the current. Also the colour isn't going to be exactly the same because its been in water for anything up to a month, so not only will it be saturated with water, but will be dirty and could have algae on it. I think they would discount it really quickly if it wasn't hers, unless they are trying to trick RAT into talking.

I didn't know her parents lived apart. That makes her movements more complicated.

That sweater could be hers. If its been in a river for a month it could be stretched by snagging on a rock or branch and getting pulled by the current. Also the colour isn't going to be exactly the same because its been in water for anything up to a month, so not only will it be saturated with water, but will be dirty and could have algae on it. I think they would discount it really quickly if it wasn't hers, unless they are trying to trick RAT into talking.

When my son was a teenager, him and his friends used to walk through the creek in our area, and his white socks would be brown when he came home.

Oh I read that article but I didnt take from it what others did. I thought it was an article about the sweater specifically and them being told not to say anything. I read the article as a generic you cant say anything.

Thanks for finding the link!

Ugh...if only I would have posted the correct link :(

Here's the one I meant to post! Will be correcting the other one. It's the very last sentence.http://www.nbc29.com/story/23313583/investigators-cannot-confirm-red-sweater-is-alexis-murphys

On the other hand, if it's not hers, what reason is there to keep that secret?

That is what I am thinking...

I am wondering why LE is requesting the family from discussing the red sweater if it does not belong to Alexis....

Unless...

It belongs to RAT...

Or....it belongs to ANOTHER missing girl......

Or..... ????

JMO

I am wondering about Alexis's purse. It was mentioned in the description but it does not appear that she is carrying it in the one photo. She seems to be carrying something in the other photo, but the car is in the way. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Let's talk about fishin' on the James River...locals? Wonderin' if RAT has a special fishin' hole he likes 'round there...

That top definitely looks as though it could be the one Alexis had on. It would be darker if wet and could be stretched out. Think of how your tops look when you pull them out of the washer, much darker than when they come out of the dryer.
The neckline appears similarly shaped also. It just seems too large but that has been explained here also.
I hope it is not her top though because if it is it doesn't sound very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd