Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone get that newest news link? I think it was posted enough.. :floorlaugh:

:facepalm: Should I go delete mine? I was copying and pasting and got a phone call...didn't realize everyone had already posted it.

I pray the family gets some closure in this. I can't understand why one person from the family wouldn't even be allowed in the hearing today! I mean closed to media sure, but to the victim's family?? Must have some evidence they're going to release. Could some distant family be involved?

oh and the search isnt near where Morgan was found. Its close to the area that Moxie said should be checked.

She's been missing for 19 days. I guess they are searching the property even though the tire track doesnt match just in case he used another vehicle.

I know its all for the best but I need info!

Sadly there is probably no way she's still alive (I.M.O.) unless she was sold into a sex slavery ring. But what are the odds of that? She seemed like a fighter and if she were still alive would have fought her way to contacting someone by now. This is all just my opinion though. I wish it wasn't. :/

:facepalm: Should I go delete mine? I was copying and pasting and got a phone call...didn't realize everyone had already posted it.

I pray the family gets some closure in this. I can't understand why one person from the family wouldn't even be allowed in the hearing today! I mean closed to media sure, but to the victim's family?? Must have some evidence they're going to release. Could some distant family be involved?

Nah, the more the merrier! It'll be harder to miss for anyone who wants to refer to it in the future ;)

Simple, common-sense parenting.
Yep......the kind where your parents gave a carp and you knew some boundaries. Not the "new age friendship" style of parenting, and not the "rule by the stick" parenting but something in the middle of those two extremes.

Alas, I fear there's not enough time for that in our busy, rat-race society.

way off topic:

Well, partly, I suppose, but I was going to blame the meth/crack epidemic for a lot of it. Also the cycle of abuse, where the children who are most victimized just get ignored and pushed aside and then become the next generation of abusers. I think if we were to spend as much money on counseling and assistance for the people who are trapped in those cycles as we do killing people in other countries, we could keep the next generation from being crippled and trapped and make life better for everyone.

Like others, I have a strange feeling about all this activity.

Please let something break today. :please:
Got to be a strong tip they're working on. That's a 500 acre area they are searching! I'm thankful the landowner noticed the tire tracks and called it in. I hope other landowners are doing the same.

:please:

Got to be a strong tip they're working on. That's a 500 acre area they are searching! I'm thankful the landowner noticed the tire tracks and called it in. I hope other landowners are doing the same.

:please:

I don't think that's the only area they're searching. They're at RAT's house again, too, and who knows where else.

Nice that you were working for a legit biz. Reading the reviews of these places, like I said, they run the gamut from lots of service (your type of biz) and no service (?) And no one is saying that the no real service places are not legit! But they do exist, you must realize that the type of biz you worked at is one example.

For example: bail bondsmen. "most" of them are legit, others will accept stolen goods as payment, obviously they will not be reporting that. From very personal experience, in this case ex-sister-in-law, a bondman/bounty hunter,
they were NOT legit, she once accepted a bag of cocaine for pay! Not to mention jewelry, not a nice person, but here is someone with govt. licensing,
all kinds of rules to follow, and she broke them all.

All BBM, and by the way, thank you very much for the info about how cars are dismantled, etc,
very informative, p.s. Semper Fi! and, we have the same signiature, faith, hope, and love and I didn't see your's first! how cool is that?

Hey, I just wanted to post this from Terrilynn's thread...it talks about some shady businesses here in Colorado that crunch cars, and the process entailed, as described first hand by one of my friends...I know Alexis' car was found, but just wanted to post this since there has been mention of junkyards, scrap yards, body disposal, etc. (now, granted, as Bessie later mentioned, its not always as easy as this post describes, but just pointing out that it can happen:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9257993&postcount=1050"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9257993&postcount=1050[/ame]

Those that have been following cases longer than me, is it typical in a closed hearing to bar family from attending as well?

First post here, but have been following since the beginning. WSET reported a property of 500 acres. Nelson County GIS is public record - there is 484 acres off of Cub Creek Rd which can be found as Parcel# 42-A-79.
http://www.nelsoncountygis.org/

Quoting myself for reference:

From the above link:

"NELSON COUNTY, VA -
Update 11:15: Investigators say they are continuing the search for Murphy near Cub Creek in Roseland. The search is near Route 56 near Crabtree Falls. Police are using dogs in the search."

Can someone familiar with the area please try to map this? I am trying, but am pulling up different options. TIA.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
Clarification: Media inside courtroom for hearing on whether to allow media, public to be in court for Randy Taylor hearing.

Hey who was the one who suggested Crabtree Falls?? I wonder if they saw the post here and decided to search there!!!

Hey who was the one who suggested Crabtree Falls?? I wonder if they saw the post here and decided to search there!!!

I was wondering the same thing. If I remember correctly, someone's spouse saw RAT leaving the Crabtree Falls area one morning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734