Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring back to his behavior with Samantha Clarke, I am thinking RAT may have simply called Alexis and set something up that day. He had no problem calling Samantha's phone a number of times before she went missing. Finding the phones would be invaluable if this is the case.

Check this out....
http://www.wset.com/story/23340732/lead-investigator-in-the-alexis-murphy-case-i-have-no-doubt-we-have-the-right-person
Lead Investigator in the Alexis Murphy Case: 'I Have No Doubt We Have the Right Person'
Mays has said from the very beginning that Alexis Murphy's cell phone was important to find. Now that the phone has been found, Mays says it has proven to be a critical piece of evidence.

"I feel that it is going to prove crucial to this case," Mays said.

Investigator Mays won't say what was found on Murphy's phone, but knowing what he knows, he says he's confident Randy Taylor is her abductor.

"This gentleman is a predator, and if he is out on the street he's going to do it again, and keeping him where he is probably going to save lives. I have no doubt that we have the right person," Mays said.

Do we know if she turned north or south when she left Liberty? I think that would answer a lot of questions about drug lure story.

She was supposed to be going south, toward Lynchburg. If she did turn that direction initially but then later wound up at Cannary Road, that would seem to indicate that maybe the car problem lure is more likely. If she headed north, then something made her change her plans before she left the station. Maybe that was to go get weed from RAT.

It sounds like the phone has some major clues on it. I wonder if she never intended to go to Lynchburg and was headed north all along. Maybe to meet someone who contacted her on her phone and that is why she headed north?

Couldn't the metadata trail of Alexis and RATs phones pinpoint the trail from the gas station to the point of her phone and 3 others being tossed. The other 3 phones belonging to RAT. ( I know, I know, CRG did it!)
And could you follow a data trail by looking at all calls made from the location & time of the car drop?
Add to this the real possibility, considering how open she was on her other accounts, of her texting about what she was doing on her phone record and this is another good reason to have the phones.

Couldn't the metadata trail of Alexis and RATs phones pinpoint the trail from the gas station to the point of her phone and 3 others being tossed. The other 3 phones belonging to RAT. ( I know, I know, CRG did it!)
And could you follow a data trail by looking at all calls made from the location & time of the car drop?
Add to this the real possibility, considering how open she was on her other accounts, of her texting about what she was doing on her phone record and this is another good reason to have the phones.

I think LE and FBI know exactly what route Alexis took and where she ended up when her phone stopped pinging, because of the data sent and received by her iPhone.

It's what has happened once that phone stopped pinging. I think she felt safe all the way until the phone left her person, as she would have sent some kind of message out if she felt in any way in danger.

I wish sometimes I was in the LE rooms and could know what they know, it's so infuriating to just be told what they want us to know.

In reading the many articles concerning Alexis' disappearance I found this one especially touching. It is bittersweet to hear from those who are particularly affected by Alexis' disappearance and come away knowing a little bit more about who Alexis is.

Alexis Murphy is ‘everybody’s daughter’

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_e1fdb4f4-1568-11e3-bdd2-001a4bcf6878.html

Wow!

I'm in tears here. She sounds so different to her Twitter persona. An honour student, volleyball captain, caring sister, shy, flighty, sweet. I think this is the real Alexis, and the weed smoking, sassy, sexy Alexis was an online persona removed from who she really was. It was a fantasy and online she could be anyone she wanted.

She comes from a good home, her mom went to University, her brother goes now, and she aspired to go too. I can't imagine the hole that is left by her disappearance. I feel for her mom and grandmother but especially her brothers and her younger brother. How is he coping with this, poor little guy.

Pretty 17-year-old high school girls do not need to buy dope just like pretty ladies at the bar do not need to buy drinks. They also don't need to get dope from some old man hanging out at the gas station.

Pretty 17-year-old high school girls do not need to buy dope just like pretty ladies at the bar do not need to buy drinks. They also don't need to get dope from some old man hanging out at the gas station.

As I've said before, I reject any statement that claims to know what every single person would do in a specific situation due to their age/race/gender/attractiveness level. There've been a lot of assertions made, by people who don't know her, of what exactly Alexis would or wouldn't ever do.

JMO.

Maybe not, but let me say this....
When I was her age I was a pretty girl too and I too smoked a little here and there and while all of you say she wouldn't have bought from an old guy or she didn't have to buy it. This may be true for her, but let me tell you, my best connection was an old guy who I bought from and smoked for free anytime I wanted. You may all say she wouldn't do that, but I beg to differ because I did. Not only that, at that age, without knowledge and experience, and trusting everyone, thinking you'll never get caught trying to buy, or nothing bad can ever happen to you, you would ask anyone, I know because I did that too. I'm not saying it makes her a bad person, or stupid, I'm saying that makes her a teenager. It happens everyday, everywhere, no matter how smart the teen is. We all do stupid stuff when we're young.
This is just my opinion and my own experiences at that age.

I don't think she smoked out with him or had any intention of scoring from him - but he sure did know about her professing to smoke weed. How would he know unless it was via social media?

When I was her age I was a pretty girl too and I too smoked a little here and there and while all of you say she wouldn't have bought from an old guy or she didn't have to buy it. This may be true for her, but let me tell you, my best connection was an old guy who I bought from and smoked for free anytime I wanted. You may all say she wouldn't do that, but I beg to differ because I did. Not only that, at that age, without knowledge and experience, and trusting everyone, thinking you'll never get caught trying to buy, or nothing bad can ever happen to you, you would ask anyone, I know because I did that too. I'm not saying it makes her a bad person, or stupid, I'm saying that makes her a teenager. It happens everyday, everywhere, no matter how smart the teen is. We all do stupid stuff when we're young.

agreed. I said it earlier but all of us who had lil' habits in life have all run across that older guy that one of our friends referred to as uncle (normally was dad's older male friend) that always had drugs and alcohol as well as a place to chill.

I don't think she smoked out with him or had any intention of scoring from him - but he sure did know about her professing to smoke weed. How would he know unless it was via social media?

There could be an element of truth in the car wash story--the exchange he described there was unremarkable enough to be believable.

I think if any of that happened he approached her and asked did she want to buy. Part of me still thinks somehow he saw some of her SM pages, I even still wonder about the one comment being made about her at the gas station. It's possible he saw her buy weed before and who she got it from and he could have earned her trust mentioning someone she knew. For all we know they had the same drug dealer. The carwash could be part true, he could have seen her buy there. Believe me, I've watched people buy weed before and they had no idea I even knew what had happened.

carwash theory? I missed that one. Can you catch me up? tia

Part of RT's story (via his lawyer) was that he and AM were acquainted due to a brief prior conversation at a car wash when one or the other of them noted the other smoking up. This was supposedly a few weeks, I believe, prior to her disappearance.

(Does not mean I believe RT's overall story or blame Alexis in ANY way.)

Yep! And if you have a flat at night, per dear ol'Dad, " I don't care about the rims or the car, keep driving until you find a well lit safe place to stop with lots of people. Don't even get out for a police officer at night. " thanks Dad, I've used your advice too.

Off topic: That really scares me I'm a very cautious person - and I've Neber thought about a scenario in which I get a flat tire at night...that would be horrible and is now, since you mentioned it my new worst nightmare - where I live is far from where my job and family are at least 40 minutes...most of which is just a straight road with houses that isn't well lit...not many gas stations or stores until you get in the next town which would be a long ride with a flat tire. I've always been scared driving home at night and getting pulled over by a cop...I've heard of the 113 number - anyone know if it works?! Of course I would put my emergency lights and wait too I got to a safe place! Thanks for bringing the tire thing up, I'll have to talk to my Fiance and see what he thinks I should do in that situation. So scary ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You took the words out of my mouth! People can't sit here and say that she wouldn't smoke weed, or wouldn't buy weed from RAT - the ONLY one that knows I'd ALEXIS, RAT, and hopefully the FBI. You can't just throw theories out if the window cause she is pretty and an honors student - when I went to school a lot of honors students, and school oriented people smoked weed and worst. This is 2013 and as I said its apart of the teenage culture. I would have been naive enough to have bought weed from RAT when I was younger. There is nothing wrong with smoking weed, it doesn't make anyone a bad person...it's just illegal. But I think to discredit that theory and say that she would never is a little drastic. You never know. She very well could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think her motivation could have been something along the lines of helping a buddy sell some herb at 60$ an 1/8 (a high price), giving him a new customer. I don't think she would buy herb from him but if some dude who had no connections and was out of the loop was willing to pay 60$ for an 1/8th then what the hell. He has had the same story since the beginning, according to his lawyer. He didn't make it up after the hair was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317