Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the reason why the FBI came in so early and so heavily in this case... I think local LE told the FBI that we think we cuaght the Route29 serial killer this time...and since there are so many localities involved, I think this was the glue and manpower to put it all together. The other thing is Alexis is a MINOR... which I would think counts for something too.

I just hope IF RAT did do this and other cases, that it comes out so that all those families can come to some sort of closure. RAT sitting in lots watching people, looks like the modus operandi of a serial killer... IF he is guilty of this crime.
Yes and the new Dir. stated that it enabled the use of the many resources of the FBI (labs which happen to be in VA).
I'd bet the FBI has a pretty good file already built up, and perhaps experts who may have already a great deal of knowledge on certain patterns concerning the numbers of killings in this area over the past several years.
Also FYI for those not familiar, the RT 29 corridor is a major connection between several of the major and many of the smaller universities in VA. There are thousands of very young (and inexperienced) people who travel that route routinely. It is an extremely high population density of young coeds constantly running up and down this route and back and forth to Richmond, DC and surrounding areas. This case maybe the long awaited break in stopping this epidemic.

Also thanks for separating out the sex trafficking theories. :shakes head:

<Modsnip> I think RAT posed as a cute guy online in social media, got her to fill up with gas and drive up and meet him at the movie theater, and said "I'll pick you up at your car in the huge parking lot. Just hop in my truck! Let's get some food first or I'll just drop you up front at the box office so you don't have to walk!"

She hopped in his truck, leaving her car behind in the parking lot. She realized all too late that he was not who he had pretended to be.

IMOO and 2nd theory. <Modsnip>

Sorry... but NO WAY.

So, help me here please.

1) Alexis and RAT are seen at about the same time at the Liberty Gas Station.
2) Alexis's cell phone pings on Cannery Loop Road (which is 2.5 miles north of Rte29).
3) Alexis's hair is found in RAT's trailer which is right across the damn road from Cannery Loop. (so like 0.1 miles).
4) Her car is found days later 20 miles to the north.

The only thing that I can't put together for a fake pull over is that if that happened on Cannery Road, that is not logical for a place to pull over since it is on the southbound side....unless he pulled her over on the Northbound side and told her there was a shop on the other side where he could take care of her... maybe at the used car lot that he had access to? Maybe he was going to loan her a car to use for the timebeing? That part does not make a whole lot of sense.. .but how quickly RAT was arrested might have been because he lived right there where she was last seen.

Does anyone in the world think RAT will squeal and tell it all? If it is multiple murders, then he might have to tell all to save him from the DP...which would enrage others, but at least give closure to the families.

So, help me here please.

2) Alexis's cell phone pings on Cannery Loop Road (which is 2.5 miles north of Rte29).
3) Alexis's hair is found in RAT's trailer which is right across the damn road from Cannery Loop. (so like 0.1 miles).

The only thing that I can't put together for a fake pull over is that if that happened on Cannery Road, that is not logical for a place to pull over since it is on the southbound side....unless he pulled her over on the Northbound side and told her there was a shop on the other side where he could take care of her... maybe at the used car lot that he had access to? Maybe he was going to loan her a car to use for the timebeing? That part does not make a whole lot of sense.. .but how quickly RAT was arrested might have been because he lived right there where she was last seen.

Does anyone in the world think RAT will squeal and tell it all? If it is multiple murders, then he might have to tell all to save him from the DP...which would enrage others, but at least give closure to the families.

YES this RAT will squeal. I think in the original shot of him right after they arrested him, he looked nforlorn like, they got me this time. Yes, he'll try to work the system, but that look said it all, he knows the system won't buckle this time!:seeya::jail:

<Modsnip> I think RAT posed as a cute guy online in social media, got her to fill up with gas and drive up and meet him at the movie theater, and said "I'll pick you up at your car in the huge parking lot. Just hop in my truck! Let's get some food first or I'll just drop you up front at the box office so you don't have to walk!"

She hopped in his truck, leaving her car behind in the parking lot. She realized all too late that he was not who he had pretended to be.

IMOO and 2nd theory. <Modsnip>

No way!

Firstly I don't think he was much of an "Internet" guy. He lived in a (dunno what you guys call it in the USA but its a trailing caravan here in the UK) with a hookup to the house next door for electricity. He's not got Internet access in that little caravan, no phone line. And the phone signal is spotty, locals have said so, so out on I29 he's not going to be using mobile Internet.

I think it's more a case of a classic abduction, maybe him driving behind her and flashing his lights to indicate a problem with her car, and then abducting her that way.

So, help me here please.

I'm having too much trouble believing RAT pulled her over on Cannery Loop, it was still broad daylight and their are houses along there. I think he may have looped through later to toss the phone. Someone here referred to RAT as having WORKED at that used car lot, has that been confirmed? I'm not sure how that may play unless it would involve the woman car lot owner who publicly was originally standing up for him? Was she the same one who owns that lot, or was she someone else? IDK

I don't think he will tell unless it is a DP deal. He will save that info just for that reason. But you know, if it was my daughter, I'd ask for her location and give up the DP in this case, if it came to that. I really have confidence justice would be served in GenPop a few years down the road and I'm not sure justice done by his peers would not be a better solution for me. Just as long as he never gets out.
But If the family in this case for instance doesn't go for the DP, (sadly only if it comes to that), there may be others that would come later that the DP would apply ??? IDK.
Thinking along the lines of the DC sniper case.

Just as a reminder: RAT is not the 29 Stalker of the 1996 era. He was incarcerated during the original crime spree along RT 29...which included the murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

He may have, at some point, met the stalker or knew the stalker and either worked with him or learned some tactics from him. We just don't know, yet.

Re: Alexis's online SM persona
You can't just ignore it. It was a huge part of her private life. She tweeted 40 times on the day she disappeared. That was before she left for the Liberty and she worked that day. That's a lot of tweets between work and leaving for the Liberty stop.

It would be a disservice to Alexis to ignore the possibility that RAT worked/planned with someone else or others to ambush & abduct her. Please read and listen to her social media it is not typical of the majority of 17 year olds. To ignore that is to eliminate a lot of possible leads as to who took her out of Nelson county and what they have done or may be doing to her.

Even LE has not ruled out accomplice/accomplices. People like to assert that RAT is a loner but that just hasn't been proven as fact. He met SC when he was out with two younger guys and he was friends with his boss and her family. Even his son's maternal grandmother said that he was on good terms with the son's mother as well as his 14 year old son.

I'm having too much trouble believing RAT pulled her over on Cannery Loop, it was still broad daylight and their are houses along there. I think he may have looped through later to toss the phone. Someone here referred to RAT as having WORKED at that used car lot, has that been confirmed? I'm not sure how that may play unless it would involve the woman car lot owner who publicly was originally standing up for him? Was she the same one who owns that lot, or was she someone else? IDK

I don't think he will tell unless it is a DP deal. He will save that info just for that reason. But you know, if it was my daughter, I'd ask for her location and give up the DP in this case, if it came to that. I really have confidence justice would be served in GenPop a few years down the road and I'm not sure justice done by his peers would not be a better solution for me. Just as long as he never gets out.
But If the family in this case for instance doesn't go for the DP, (sadly only if it comes to that), there may be others that would come later that the DP would apply ??? IDK.
Thinking along the lines of the DC sniper case.

Ted Bundy abducted women in the broad daylight. He lured to to his car and hit them on the head with a crowbar. He moved quickly was never caught in the act. It can and does happen. Might be part of the thrill.

RAT is so backward I can imagine the dude doesn't even have a computer connection. Renting *advertiser censored* DVDs? Come on! In fact, the chances he hooked up with her at Liberty visa vi an internet stalking is crazy talk. ;) This is a simple watch, wait, plan and pounce abduction IMHO!

Just as a reminder: RAT is not the 29 Stalker of the 1996 era. He was incarcerated during the original crime spree along RT 29...which included the murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

He may have, at some point, met the stalker or knew the stalker and either worked with him or learned some tactics from him. We just don't know, yet.

Re: Alexis's online SM persona
You can't just ignore it. It was a huge part of her private life. She tweeted 40 times on the day she disappeared. That was before she left for the Liberty and she worked that day. That's a lot of tweets between work and leaving for the Liberty stop.

It would be a disservice to Alexis to ignore the possibility that RAT worked/planned with someone else or others to ambush & abduct her. Please read and listen to her social media it is not typical of the majority of 17 year olds. To ignore that is to eliminate a lot of possible leads as to who took her out of Nelson county and what they have done or may be doing to her.

Even LE has not ruled out accomplice/accomplices. People like to assert that RAT is a loner but that just hasn't been proven as fact. He met SC when he was out with two younger guys and he was friends with his boss and her family. Even his son's maternal grandmother said that he was on good terms with the son's mother as well as his 14 year old son.

Good point. I guess my hope for a solution for all these families got me too hopeful.

Good point. I guess my hope for a solution for all these families got me too hopeful.

I am still considering him for anything from Charlottesville to Virginia Beach...any disappearance along I-64 and definitely any disappearance in the Rt 29 corridor since 2000.

RAT is so backward I can imagine the dude doesn't even have a computer connection. Renting *advertiser censored* DVDs? Come on! In fact, the chances he hooked up with her at Liberty visa vi an internet stalking is crazy talk. ;) This is a simple watch, wait, plan and pounce abduction IMHO!
Well, I'm into crazy talk, cause I don't think it is far fetched at all to imagine him with a phone sitting in the parking lot with free wifi from the gas station looking at SM. Don't know if he actually scheduled to meet this way, that is iffy to me. But probably used stolen phones. For a few bucks you can go on the net and get a card and there you go. (or get along with a hot phone, IDK)
He has a teenage son, with whom he apparently had a "good" relationship. He would know all about SM from him and probably a lot about the local kids too. I don't know that he is backward when it comes to crime. JMO.
I thought the *advertiser censored* dvd's were reported by good sources. I'll have to look.

I wish Alexis & Samantha would be found already.

That's all.

Well, I'm into crazy talk, cause I don't think it is far fetched at all to imagine him with a phone sitting in the parking lot with free wifi from the gas station looking at SM. Don't know if he actually scheduled to meet this way, that is iffy to me. But probably used stolen phones. For a few bucks you can go on the net and get a card and there you go. (or get along with a hot phone, IDK)
He has a teenage son, with whom he apparently had a "good" relationship. He would know all about SM from him and probably a lot about the local kids too. I don't know that he is backward when it comes to crime. JMO.
I thought the *advertiser censored* dvd's were reported by good sources. I'll have to look.

True and the fact that he knew how to text is interesting...people who know nothing about the web don't usually know how to text message.
He may have had some kind of access to Alexis's Twitter...
As far as buying *advertiser censored* dvd's maybe he just likes dvd's. It doesn't prove he couldn't/didn't use the web.

Just went back to the first thread to read up.

Uh, yeah. RAT had internet somehow. In Alexis' very own twitter videos and pics, not the comments portion of twitter, she is showing herself smoking, high, and well, um, some other more explicit stuff that is not of her, but you would never see it on regular television. Enough so that any one in the public that found the account could follow it and start to brew up some fantasies.

So, I am thinking RAT did follow those tweets and that is how he formed his "story." He thinks the story is perfectly acceptable and verifiable.

Also noticed it was stated her car was found 1/2 mile from where she worked. That would suggest being familiar with all of her social media telling her every move. I've said this a zillion times, if you have a cell phone and social media accounts, no matter your age, do not post your every move! Not where you are going, not where you live, not where you work, nothing! I'm not just saying to tell it to your underage loved ones, I'm saying it for adults too.

Sorry, but I don't think it's that complex. He did not single her out ahead of time. He may have looked at that information AFTER he disposed of her wondering where he should drop the car, but not ahead of time.

Sorry, but I don't think it's that complex. He did not single her out ahead of time. He may have looked at that information AFTER he disposed of her wondering where he should drop the car, but not ahead of time.
If he was stalking her, with premeditation, via the net, and or physical surveillance will certainly be important to this case. However if it can be proven that he had contact with her via SM, anonymously as he believed he was, and if the content of the convo was of a certain nature, considering her age, it will be very important to this case, IMHO.
If he had the resources to look at the SM info AFTER (simply to dispose of her car), it is impossible for me to believe he would not have been looking BEFORE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal