Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadine Maeser (@nadine_maeser) tweeted at 10:53 AM on Wed, Oct 02, 2013:
CUE Center for Missing Persons out of @CityofWilm will be headed to Nelson County, VA on Friday. They are helping out w/ #AlexisMurphy case

Nadine Maeser (@nadine_maeser) tweeted at 10:59 AM on Wed, Oct 02, 2013:
Tomorrow marks the 2 month anniversary since #AlexisMurphy went missing. Now a search team out of @CityofWilm http://t.co/ZZXKNNxeV0

it was sadly nothing but a tease stating there were active searches for Alexis.
sorry folks....:(

Nadine Maeser (@nadine_maeser) tweeted at 10:53 AM on Wed, Oct 02, 2013:
CUE Center for Missing Persons out of @CityofWilm will be headed to Nelson County, VA on Friday. They are helping out w/ #AlexisMurphy case

Nadine Maeser (@nadine_maeser) tweeted at 10:59 AM on Wed, Oct 02, 2013:
Tomorrow marks the 2 month anniversary since #AlexisMurphy went missing. Now a search team out of @CityofWilm http://t.co/ZZXKNNxeV0

There ARE active searches for Alexis going on in Nelson, the most recently reported was this past weekend, but others happen that are not necessarily reported in the media, and there are more planned... The CUE Road tour is happening Friday, but that is not a search... it is an awareness event being hosted by the CUE Center for Missing Persons, as one of the stops on their National Road Tour... 2pm on Friday at the Lovingston Cafe in Lovingston VA... Monica Caison, Laura Murphy and Gil Harrington will be there as well as other family members and Help Save The Next Girl organizers... it is an awareness event for Alexis, other cold cases missing from Nelson County (Steve Talley & Jeff Quick), and the many from the central Virginia area... The Murphy family is asking all those who cannot make it to please wear pink on that day... but of course anyone who is local or within a drivable distance, should definitely try to come out and show your support... Gil Harrington was on WSLS today at 6pm with Laura Murphy on the phone, both being interviewed and it was very moving and powerful... additionally, Dr. Phil has been in contact with the Murphy and Harrington families and is planning a show with them and Headline News is working on a follow up segment.... so things are going very strong in terms of continuing coverage and keeping Alexis's face, story, name... etc... out there, as well as local/state/& fed LE feet on the ground here in searching for her and evidence... all in hopes of getting her home....

I knew there were active searches. Local news on Monday stated there was new news.it was made to sound like there was new evidence or recovery of Alexis/ :)

Alexis Murphy's family is asking all those who cannot make the event tomorrow to wear pink... if you can make the event it will be at 2pm at the Lovingston Cafe at 165 Front Street in Lovingston, VA... Aside from a huge show of community support, multiple news agencies, the CUE Center for Missing Persons, Help Save The Next Girl, and the Murphy and Harrington families will be in attendance...

NBC29 (@NBC29) tweeted at 7:30 PM on Fri, Oct 04, 2013:
The families of Alexis Murphy & Morgan Harrington came together to spotlight missing person cases & unsolved murders. http://t.co/yDBg5B1QML

VA state fair is going on... as I sit here crying into my fudge, and kettle corn, I'm thinking of Alexis, and her family. This is just so sad. RAT will NEVER give up the location of her body! NEVER! He didn't with Samantha either. I have this strange suspicion they are together.

There ARE active searches for Alexis going on in Nelson, the most recently reported was this past weekend, but others happen that are not necessarily reported in the media, and there are more planned... The CUE Road tour is happening Friday, but that is not a search... it is an awareness event being hosted by the CUE Center for Missing Persons, as one of the stops on their National Road Tour... 2pm on Friday at the Lovingston Cafe in Lovingston VA... Monica Caison, Laura Murphy and Gil Harrington will be there as well as other family members and Help Save The Next Girl organizers... it is an awareness event for Alexis, other cold cases missing from Nelson County (Steve Talley & Jeff Quick), and the many from the central Virginia area... The Murphy family is asking all those who cannot make it to please wear pink on that day... but of course anyone who is local or within a drivable distance, should definitely try to come out and show your support... Gil Harrington was on WSLS today at 6pm with Laura Murphy on the phone, both being interviewed and it was very moving and powerful... additionally, Dr. Phil has been in contact with the Murphy and Harrington families and is planning a show with them and Headline News is working on a follow up segment.... so things are going very strong in terms of continuing coverage and keeping Alexis's face, story, name... etc... out there, as well as local/state/& fed LE feet on the ground here in searching for her and evidence... all in hopes of getting her home....

Moxie... I am not familiar with them. Can you give me some resources to read more? TIA. Thanks for your info.

I wish they could have had this awareness event later in the evening, not during typical working hours. I think more people could have attended.

Moxie... I am not familiar with them. Can you give me some resources to read more? TIA. Thanks for your info.

I wish they could have had this awareness event later in the evening, not during typical working hours. I think more people could have attended.

more may have been able to attend later in the evening, but regardless the turn out was really good. a good day for all :)

As for Jeff Quick and Steve Talley, there are no additional resources that I can find anywhere and believe me I have looked, in fact Nelson County Sheriff's department does not even have Jeff's missing flyer anymore and neither of them is listed on the VA State Police Database either... Jeff Quick went missing 18 years ago, Steve Talley 13 years ago.. both cases are cold.

Here is Steve's flyer... there is a little bit of discrepancy in regards to the date that he went missing... the flyer says Sept 4, 2000... the only database that I found anything on was here http://www.missingin.org/reg1994/stephen_dwayne_talley.htm ....which states that he went missing 8/17/2000 so...... as for both of them, there were extensive police searches, news coverage... but I can't find anything in my limited abilities.

I've attached Steve's flyer... as a word doc, if it lets me...

Attachments

• Talley - Missing Flyer.doc
    825 KB · Views: 11
more may have been able to attend later in the evening, but regardless the turn out was really good. a good day for all :)

As for Jeff Quick and Steve Talley, there are no additional resources that I can find anywhere and believe me I have looked, in fact Nelson County Sheriff's department does not even have Jeff's missing flyer anymore and neither of them is listed on the VA State Police Database either... Jeff Quick went missing 18 years ago, Steve Talley 13 years ago.. both cases are cold.

Here is Steve's flyer... there is a little bit of discrepancy in regards to the date that he went missing... the flyer says Sept 4, 2000... the only database that I found anything on was here http://www.missingin.org/reg1994/stephen_dwayne_talley.htm ....which states that he went missing 8/17/2000 so...... as for both of them, there were extensive police searches, news coverage... but I can't find anything in my limited abilities.

I've attached Steve's flyer... as a word doc, if it lets me...

Thanks for posting.

From this link "WAYNESBORO, Va. — Waynesboro police are asking the public for help in solving the slaying of a woman whose body was found in West Virginia a decade ago. Karen Santillan Tait’s body was found in the Greenbrier State Forest in West Virginia in 2002. But she wasn’t listed as missing until 2011 and her body wasn’t identified until recently."

FWIW, Greenbrier State Forest to Lynchburg/ Suggested routes:
120 mi, 2 hours 24 mins
I-64 E
155 mi, 3 hours 35 mins
VA-39 E

Looking at google maps, the Virginia Safari Park looks interesting...does anyone know if that area has been searched?

Edit: Virginia Safari Park:
just googled it...its a drive thru zoo, lol!

http://www.virginiasafaripark.com/

"Virginia Safari Park is Virginia's only drive-thru zoo!
The 180-acre park is home to over
1,000 exotic animals from 6 continents!"

I was reading my book last night and it was about searching deep in the woods for this missing girl. (I like the author but didnt know the book was about missing kids) I felt so bad imagining Alexis deep in the woods of Nelson Co, all alone. Her poor family, its been so long now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member