Victim: Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, missing July 2007, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *POI Rex Heuermann*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to try to redo each of the girls timelines with new info after I read the Lost Girls book. But for now...I just want to bump this thread in memory of Maureen. :)

I'm going to try to redo each of the girls timelines with new info after I read the Lost Girls book. But for now...I just want to bump this thread in memory of Maureen. :)

good idea--IMHO, MBB is the key to unlock the whole case, at least for the GB4--whether or not she is the true first victim is still unclear, but it seems as though we have to work from the standpoint she is, at the very least, the first of THIS specific group--

good idea--IMHO, MBB is the key to unlock the whole case, at least for the GB4--whether or not she is the true first victim is still unclear, but it seems as though we have to work from the standpoint she is, at the very least, the first of THIS specific group--

I wish Meltruth was back on the board. She may know how her sister was contacted by the killer. She did clear up some false rumors. Maybe MBB was approached by the killer and not contacted at all. LE must know if she traveled by car or the LIRR. Her phone would have pinged off of the towers as she traveled. On another note. How did someone access her voicemail with out a password? Was her phone brought into a phone store to have the password changed???? Or did they know how to change the password themself? Does anyone know the ACTUAL tower her phone pinged off of? Was it Fire Island or near Fire Island? I not sure the media knows the difference.

I wish Meltruth was back on the board. She may know how her sister was contacted by the killer. She did clear up some false rumors. Maybe MBB was approached by the killer and not contacted at all. LE must know if she traveled by car or the LIRR. Her phone would have pinged off of the towers as she traveled. On another note. How did someone access her voicemail with out a password? Was her phone brought into a phone store to have the password changed???? Or did they know how to change the password themself? Does anyone know the ACTUAL tower her phone pinged off of? Was it Fire Island or near Fire Island? I not sure the media knows the difference.

It's never been stated that anyone did access her voicemail, only that, 8 months after Maureen disappeared, someone TRIED to access her voicemail. That cell phone ping was traced to a tower on LI near Fire Island.

http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/index2.html

For three years, the NYPD had reported no trace of her—except, in 2008, for one cell-phone-signal ping off a Long Island tower, just a few miles from Gilgo Beach. “Someone was trying to access Maureen’s cell-phone voice-mail,” Cann says.

It's never been stated that anyone did access her voicemail, only that, 8 months after Maureen disappeared, someone TRIED to access her voicemail. That cell phone ping was traced to a tower on LI near Fire Island.

http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/index2.html

For three years, the NYPD had reported no trace of her—except, in 2008, for one cell-phone-signal ping off a Long Island tower, just a few miles from Gilgo Beach. “Someone was trying to access Maureen’s cell-phone voice-mail,” Cann says.

That was the first story LE gave. Sometime later it came out that someone tried to access her voucemail in 2007 and LE waited until 2008 before notifying the family about this. Also, would the phone ping if someone simply tried to access her voicemail without acually being able to do so? I dont know the answer to this.

MBB sistwr was asked by LE if her sister ever traveled to Long Island? She said no. Was she asked this question in 2007?

That was the first story LE gave. Sometime later it came out that someone tried to access her voucemail in 2007 and LE waited until 2008 before notifying the family about this. Also, would the phone ping if someone simply tried to access her voicemail without acually being able to do so? I dont know the answer to this.

Do you have a link for that, Deedee? I don't recall seeing that anywhere before, but I miss things from time to time. Hectic schedule. :banghead:

Do you have a link for that, Deedee? I don't recall seeing that anywhere before, but I miss things from time to time. Hectic schedule. :banghead:

It was a long time ago that I read this piece of information. If I come across it I will give you the link.

It was a long time ago that I read this piece of information. If I come across it I will give you the link.

I believe Dormer spoke about this. The reason he gave was LE was waiting for subpenas for phone records. He talked about how time consuming that was.

******thread bump**************

after all the stuff read and spoken, i still strongly feel hers is the part of the case that will crack it open----just a gut feeling.....but i can't get away from it.....there's something here that is being overlooked or under scrutinized.....:banghead:

What about the Staten Island cop who contacted her? These girls go missing from the midtown south precinct

Joe Brewer was also cleared so you know it means nothing d....he called Shannan a tranny!

Is anyone even working this case? I was under the impression that no one from LE has been doing anything about this case in past two years or so.

I am sure it is classified as such, but generally where there are truly dedicated investigators working a case, they like to give the public updates from time to time. This keeps the public interested and aware, and it also might help get leads. LE might also, in such a case, decide that after a few years it is prudent to release some information in the hopes that it might generate a really solid lead.

Is anyone even working this case? I was under the impression that no one from LE has been doing anything about this case in past two years or so.

You might be right. Thats why Varrone and Dormer are doing interviews. Two people who are retired.

after all the stuff read and spoken, i still strongly feel hers is the part of the case that will crack it open----just a gut feeling.....but i can't get away from it.....there's something here that is being overlooked or under scrutinized.....:banghead:

...I know there are some scattered throughout, but perhaps if in each girl's thread their last known ad was now re-posted, as well as any ads that could be found within say 30-60 days of that, there might be something there that might stand out...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73
Back