Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindsay, There are one or two bars down in Penn Station. I wonder if there were Yankee games televised on the days Amanda recieved calls from the killer. Maybe the killer lost bet s on some of the games. A gambler on the losing end would look for someone to take it out on. A woman hatter and tyrant by nature,

Lindsay, There are one or two bars down in Penn Station. I wonder if there were Yankee games televised on the days Amanda recieved calls from the killer. Maybe the killer lost bet s on some of the games. A gambler on the losing end would look for someone to take it out on. A woman hatter and tyrant by nature,

I like that theory

:bump: to get Melissa and the phone call discussions back on the front page.

One thing I've been thinking about is I walked through the Times Square/Hells Kitchen/ Midtown area multiple times a day from around 2001-2008, and the thing I was truck by most was how few people talked on their phones while holding the phone up next to their ear- the majority of folks walking and talking at the same time (if they weren't tourists) used hands-free devices.

That means that there's a good chance it would be even harder to pick whoever was calling Amanda out of a crowd even if surveillance photos were searched because so far I'm seeing signs he wasn't exactly a technical neophyte, and I think he had thought through masking his tracks- so IMO it's likely he was wasn't holding the phone up to his ear when placing the calls.

(An unrelated aside- in the past two years I've seen the majority of people now holding the phones up to their ear once again to talk- and I think it's because texting is so commonplace and calling is rare that people aren't bothering to wear an earpiece and mic anymore, it's more trouble than it's worth).

Also, I think he used the Ocean Parkway site as a place where he put bodies/parts he didn't want to be found. Manorville was clearly meant to throw off his scent. I think he possibly has a vacation home that he visits in the summer. This would make him wealth(ier). He is most likely, IMO, middle upper class with a career that is "respectable". This is what is so scary about this case. However, my poi I mentioned before does not have this kind of wealth/career. UGHH so frustrating!

Jessica Taylor: July
Maureen B-B: July
Melissa: July

June-Sept for the rest that have been identified. This is a vacation schedule. IMO.

Lanesmommy, someone posted that the killer called Amanda on Thursdays and Sundays in July and August. Perhaps there were some sort of function or activities that go on during these two days of the week in NYC.

I recently signed up for a free trial at Intelligator.com. This site reveals email addresses and ip addresses of individuals in their database and alot of other personal info.

I ran a search on Melissa Barthelemy and it listed one ip address of 12.174.229.163

Using http://www.iplocation.net/ the ip addrress 12.174.229.163 came back to a longitude and latitude of 40.3908 -74.1116 in Middletown, NJ.

I entered the coordinates into Google Earth and got an address of xx Brandywine Way, Middletown, NJ.

There is an immediate family member of John Bittrolffs whose ip address comes back with an identical longitude and latitude (40.3908 -74.1116 ) xx Brandywine Way, Middletown, NJ.

Either an immediate family member of John Bittrolff was at some point in time in the same house as Melissa Barthelemy was at some point in time, or John Bittrolff was in the same house as Melissa using an immediate family members computer.

Attachments

• BittrolffBarthelemy.jpg
    BittrolffBarthelemy.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 173
Whoa. I hope you forwarded this information to law enforcement right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a link that says Melissa Barthelemys last address was in Akron, NY
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20110124new-york-beach-corpses-serial-killer.html

The pic shows the 3 sets of coordinates; according to one of John Bittrolffs aliases ip addresses from intelligator.com that are eerily close to Melissa Barthelemys home in Akron, NY.

I have a link that shows the male alias name that surrounds Melissas home in Akron specifically as PAB's alias, but i cant post it; i tried and it was removed.

On Intelligator.com it shows the alias of his wife AMR living at the same address in Michigan.

Emailfinder.com reveals several phone numbers for John Bittrolff, including a cell number from San Mateo, CA and he and alias AMR share an identical phone number on the beach in Waukegan, Illinois. The electronic trails and aliases that stem from AMR are mind boggling; ive never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• RayAnnmarieBarthelemy.jpg
    RayAnnmarieBarthelemy.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 179
Lanesmommy, someone posted that the killer called Amanda on Thursdays and Sundays in July and August. Perhaps there were some sort of function or activities that go on during these two days of the week in NYC.

I find the fact that he called Amanda at all very telling. MB could have had pictures of her in her phone. I think this detail of the case is VERY significant. Either Melissa was his "favorite" or he liked to taunt/ sexually harass young girls. All the GB4 were very small in stature. 4'11" and 5' is tiny! IMO... my best friend is this size and I am 5'8", when we go somewhere I feel like a giant amazon woman. No offense to all you petite ladies. Just making a point that the killer might have been attracted to "little" girls. The sight of a small woman makes him think of teenage girls? Possibly his "perfect" victim are 13-16 yrs. old and he has to resort to prostitutes bc his fear of getting caught is stronger than his impulses? '

All JMO.

I find the fact that he called Amanda at all very telling. MB could have had pictures of her in her phone. I think this detail of the case is VERY significant. Either Melissa was his "favorite" or he liked to taunt/ sexually harass young girls. All the GB4 were very small in stature. 4'11" and 5' is tiny! IMO... my best friend is this size and I am 5'8", when we go somewhere I feel like a giant amazon woman. No offense to all you petite ladies. Just making a point that the killer might have been attracted to "little" girls. The sight of a small woman makes him think of teenage girls? Possibly his "perfect" victim are 13-16 yrs. old and he has to resort to prostitutes bc his fear of getting caught is stronger than his impulses? '

All JMO.

OR...he choose petite girls because he, at the time, was disabled in some way, and he might have told the girls this in order to put them totally off guard?

FYI... my POI was, according to himself, heavily disabled in the timeframe where the GB4 victims was murdered.
However I have found evidence/prof that he, no doubt, has been lying about this claimed disability, at least he has greatly exaggerated the degree to which he was handicapped in that timeframe, and for, at least, a couple of years, you have not been able to notice any kind of disability on his part.
This POI has been lying about a LOT of things by the way, he is my POI for the AC4 murders as well.

JB's not talking. I hope his case is televised if it goes to trial.

Really interesting, Mindwhisper.
The house at that address in CT is owned by a couple who bought it in 1996. I could not find any family links nor any links at all to Bittrolff to them on a quick search, but I didn't dig that deeply. I haven't tried to find a connection for MB to that location. One of the owners works as a tax preparer out of the house. I'm not sure how Intelligator.com gathers its IP info, I'm off to take a look now.

edited to add: Be very careful about using Intelligator.org. word of warning, sounds like they are scamming people with charges after they sign up for a trial service. See here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.intelligator.com

Marble, its a NJ address. Not CT. Check that one out also.

Sorry deedee21! Thanks for catching that .A typo on my part probably because I've spent time in Middletown CT. Meant to say NJ (it's Middletown NJ I was checking out and the above info is in reference to).

If MB can be linked to this IP address then LE would be aware of it. They would probably have asked JT if he ever drove MB to NJ. LE would have made a LI connection and had the brothers on their radar. But then again maybe Im wrong. If law inforcement started collecting cigarettes butts for DNA testing at a earlier date then JB would have been picked up sooner.

I wonder if any of the families are aware of the connections that have been made through MB using that IP address? This would be big news if the info is correct.

Dormer said the killer made a mistake and they have to find it. The mistake would be allowing MB to use a computer. To bad the LI connection was not discovered in 2009. Again, can the info be verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member