Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a close up of the area where Laquetta Gunther was found. I don't know exactly where, but going by the address given by Bessie on 5/25/15 of 703-705 N. Beach Street, this is the best I can do. Again, it's Google Earth, taken back to October 2006. Daytona SK map2.jpg

Thank you Kairi'sMom, I was just looking at those historical photos today on Google Earth and that's what I was looking for. Now Ms Green was found on LPGA at a construction site near 95 I think, and Ms Gage was near a abandoned church on Hancock but I'm not exactly sure where on those roads that would be. Thanks again

Thank you Kairi'sMom, I was just looking at those historical photos today on Google Earth and that's what I was looking for. Now Ms Green was found on LPGA at a construction site near 95 I think, and Ms Gage was near a abandoned church on Hancock but I'm not exactly sure where on those roads that would be. Thanks again

You're welcome. I was just looking at the map for Ms. Green. I can only make an educated guess as to where her body was found. Crimestoppers says it was a KB Homes construction site, but that is a really broad area on the Google Earth map. If I had a guess, it would be here:Daytona SK map3.jpg

Ms Gage's vehicle was found on south beach st. at some apartments do happen to know if it was eagle bay? I think it was called waterclub at one time.

Hmm. I am not sure I have the right spot, but this is what I found.
Stacey Gage found here, I think the abandoned church is to the left. Edited to add: Google Earth, Hancock Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL
All maps backdate to 11/2007
Daytona SK map4.jpg
Stacey Gage's vehicle here, possibly. Edited to add: I believe this is Eagle Bay/Waterclub you are looking for. The same apartments come up on Google Earth under both names, Eagle Bay, S. Beach Street, Daytona Beach, FL and Waterclub, S. Beach Street, Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona SK map6.jpg
And an overview of where all these women were found, and the vehicle.Daytona SK map5.jpg

Did I say I would do this tomorrow? LOL :shame:

I had a thought last night when I went to bed...All the women's bodies are locations that appear to be where there was either current construction or proposed construction. Compare the older Google earth pics to the current ones -Each one has been built on since the murders.

The car is a Taurus, LE says they believe it was a company car. I read that LE found the exact tires at some point, so the murderer had to buy replacements ( or steal them).

Perhaps the murderer is a city employee involved in construction operations. He could work in construction permits, surveying, construction inspections...a job(s) that would give him ample opportunity to scout for quick and discreet dump locations and also allow him to have an excuse for being in an area that would otherwise arouse suspicion.

I wonder if LE looked into that angle.

I had a thought last night when I went to bed...All the women's bodies are locations that appear to be where there was either current construction or proposed construction. Compare the older Google earth pics to the current ones -Each one has been built on since the murders.

The car is a Taurus, LE says they believe it was a company car. I read that LE found the exact tires at some point, so the murderer had to buy replacements ( or steal them).

Perhaps the murderer is a city employee involved in construction operations. He could work in construction permits, surveying, construction inspections...a job(s) that would give him ample opportunity to scout for quick and discreet dump locations and also allow him to have an excuse for being in an area that would otherwise arouse suspicion.

I wonder if LE looked into that angle.

Have you been to the thread More than one SK in FL yet? I posted some interesting stuff about the construction business and the railways. There is also some maps you may find of interest too.

wow, that is interesting. Thank you.

snips from another article:
The boyfriend of one of the victims said his mate had lived briefly with one of the other women killed.Rick Marcott, the boyfriend of Julie Green, 34, whose body was found at a construction site off LPGA Boulevard early Jan. 14, said Green had stayed briefly with Laquetta Gunther in a house in Bunnell. he recalled that Green had stayed at least two weeks in a house in Bunnell where Gunther and another victim, Laura Lee Welsh, also stayed(Welsh was shot to death in a drug deal, police said). investigators arrested Ollie Edward Parker of Daytona Beach and him charged with second-degree murder in her killing. Charles N. Hollowell, who investigators said was attempting to buy cocaine when Welsh was shot, had been charged with third-degree murder in the same case. However, Hollowell pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of attempted purchase of cocaine and agreed to testify against Parker.
According to police, Patton's last known address was on Derbyshire Road in Holly Hill. The house she lived in is owned by a man who also has at least two assisted living facilities. The facilities are behind the residence where Patton lived.The guy they were staying with had been in jail," Marcott said
An employee of the Homeless Assistance Center here said Patton went to the center "sporadically" to pick up her mail. He also said he recalled Gunther going there, as well.

After Gunther and Welsh were killed, Marcott said Green told him she knew who had done it.

"Then she ended up dying a week later," he said.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2006-01-26/news/VBRIEFS26_5_1_tallahassee-parker-cocaine

snips from another article:
The boyfriend of one of the victims said his mate had lived briefly with one of the other women killed.Rick Marcott, the boyfriend of Julie Green, 34, whose body was found at a construction site off LPGA Boulevard early Jan. 14, said Green had stayed briefly with Laquetta Gunther in a house in Bunnell. he recalled that Green had stayed at least two weeks in a house in Bunnell where Gunther and another victim, Laura Lee Welsh, also stayed(Welsh was shot to death in a drug deal, police said). investigators arrested Ollie Edward Parker of Daytona Beach and him charged with second-degree murder in her killing. Charles N. Hollowell, who investigators said was attempting to buy cocaine when Welsh was shot, had been charged with third-degree murder in the same case. However, Hollowell pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of attempted purchase of cocaine and agreed to testify against Parker.
According to police, Patton's last known address was on Derbyshire Road in Holly Hill. The house she lived in is owned by a man who also has at least two assisted living facilities. The facilities are behind the residence where Patton lived.The guy they were staying with had been in jail," Marcott said
An employee of the Homeless Assistance Center here said Patton went to the center "sporadically" to pick up her mail. He also said he recalled Gunther going there, as well.

After Gunther and Welsh were killed, Marcott said Green told him she knew who had done it.

"Then she ended up dying a week later," he said.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2006-01-26/news/VBRIEFS26_5_1_tallahassee-parker-cocaine

After reading some of these old articles, it makes you wonder if these were "pay back kills" from a drug dealer. It is still a SK because of the number of victims and the time frames, and the use of the same gun. I am starting to think they did know the killer, and it wasn't a random trucker lurking in the alley ways looking for a victim. But in any case, he needs to be stopped. If he is a dealer and killed this many women, he probably killed just as many men who got in his way.

I agree Skully, there's little doubt in my mind that they knew this person. I can't discount the notion of payback being the leading motivator but it leads to the question of why were they left without some if not all of their clothing. I might have missed it but I don't remember any talk of sexual assault or even speculation of a consensual act before they were killed. Was the DNA recovered semen or something found under their fingernails, they haven't said to my knowledge.

Stacey Gage seems to be a slight anomaly in that the perp had to possibly deal with her vehicle, we do know she had a drug problem at one time. I'm wondering if Iwana also had a drug problem, I don't remember reading that she did but I could have missed that too. From some accounts I read she was reserved and quiet maybe even shy. A shell casing was recovered at her scene so she was likely killed there. The first 3 all ran in the same circles so maybe she was killed because she knew too much. but again whats with the missing clothes? Did he feign a sexual transaction and when the clothes came off he pulled out the gun? These killings were about power but I'm not sure it was because he was henpecked like the profile suggests. I think he probably comes from a similar socioeconomic status as the victims.

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm glad a few of you are reengaging with the Daytona case! It's one of our oldest and least covered of the cases or the show so we are depending on WS to help out and play a big part in the convo. If you're working on a theory, please let us know. If you're local to that area of FL, please let us know as well.

Keep up the good work!
Rachel & Josh

Reactions: GGE
I agree Skully, there's little doubt in my mind that they knew this person. I can't discount the notion of payback being the leading motivator but it leads to the question of why were they left without some if not all of their clothing. I might have missed it but I don't remember any talk of sexual assault or even speculation of a consensual act before they were killed. Was the DNA recovered semen or something found under their fingernails, they haven't said to my knowledge.

Stacey Gage seems to be a slight anomaly in that the perp had to possibly deal with her vehicle, we do know she had a drug problem at one time. I'm wondering if Iwana also had a drug problem, I don't remember reading that she did but I could have missed that too. From some accounts I read she was reserved and quiet maybe even shy. A shell casing was recovered at her scene so she was likely killed there. The first 3 all ran in the same circles so maybe she was killed because she knew too much. but again whats with the missing clothes? Did he feign a sexual transaction and when the clothes came off he pulled out the gun? These killings were about power but I'm not sure it was because he was henpecked like the profile suggests. I think he probably comes from a similar socioeconomic status as the victims.

you must be picking up my vibes here. I was thinking about the fact they were left nude and some with socks on. That is weird. But some of these drug lords or watabes do have a power thing going on, so maybe he was angry about a rip off of drugs or something of that nature, maybe he was mad and felt he could punish them, with sex or rape and then killed them. It was winter in FL so they probably did have socks and tennis shoes at that time of year, not sandles. But it is still odd to say the least. Her car was found in a parking lot, yes? So did he follow her, or did he get her to get into his car? Have to think about that, I haven't really thought about her car and where it was. I am also wondering now if Kristen Dunn was killed by someone other than the 5 in Daytona. Not much is released so it is hard to judge it and give it the same weight as the others. It could be that the POI took her there, he may have had a reason to go to Orange City. But why kill her if he was the bf or lived with her? Drugs? IDK.

Something I just want to throw out there for those that feel construction fits into the mix. I feel the same way, if he is a trucker, in state or not, I feel he worked or hauled construction related materials. The fact that DNA is available but no hits in the system only means he never got arrested or his DNA has never been put in the system. I can tell you from personal experience, that men can still get hired on construction jobs with arrests on their records. They can have DUI, drug arrests, assaults and the like. I know this for a fact. As long as they show up, do the job, have some or little experience, they hire them. There are all kinds of jobs in the field. Helpers, apprentice jobs, day labor jobs, and experienced worker jobs. Some guys dig ditches all day, or shovel sand, so no experience needed and they don't care if you have a record.

I was thinking it would be helpful to have some lists of facts. I don't know if there is a comprehensive post with all this information but I feel the need to get one put together to get it out of my head. So here goes. Feel free to add to, edit, etc.

FACTS:

The gun is a Smith and Wesson 40 caliber Sigma Series VE
The car is a 2003 Ford Taurus
Socks left on 3 of the 4 victims
First murder December (?) 2005
Found: December 26, 2005
Second murder committed January (?)2006
Found: January 14, 2006
Third murder February(?) 2006
Found: February 24, 2006
Fourth murder committed December (?) 2007
Found: January 2, 2008
All four murdered with the same weapon
DNA collected and matches on 2 of the 4 victims
DNA has not been linked to any POI to date

I was thinking a diagram of some sort would be helpful with visualizing the women's relationships to each other, since it is known some of the victims knew each other. The Venn could include friends who have also been murdered but not linked to the SK.

Also, a sidenote: Does anyone recall an article that stated the women (or one of them) had possibly been posed?
I think I recall someone saying it looked like Iwana Patton had been posed and LE wouldn't comment if the other victims been posed or not.

After reading some of these old articles, it makes you wonder if these were "pay back kills" from a drug dealer. It is still a SK because of the number of victims and the time frames, and the use of the same gun. I am starting to think they did know the killer, and it wasn't a random trucker lurking in the alley ways looking for a victim. But in any case, he needs to be stopped. If he is a dealer and killed this many women, he probably killed just as many men who got in his way.

almost certainly knew the killer---payback is a very good motive here and could be more than likely---the one girl did say she ripped someone off, and was scared---could be a john that used them all at some point, although drug dealer is just as likely---i have a third scenario that uses both these(known to them, payback) but the person is not a named poi so cant post or sleuth it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—
Back