Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It just hit me. He left socks on three of the four victims, right?

But where are their shoes?

I think this may be very significant. Maybe the shoes are souvenirs. Maybe they were left at the crime scenes near the victims in a way that left no doubt the killings are related (beyond the gun evidence). And maybe this information is the key to linking other crimes to him.

Also, LE didn't come right out and say the victims were posed, Chitwood said that from the position of the bodies, the killings were about control. Position. Posed? The first victim was in the fetal position, but the position of the other victims is unknown as far as I recall.

It just hit me. He left socks on three of the four victims, right?

But where are their shoes?

I think this may be very significant. Maybe the shoes are souvenirs. Maybe they were left at the crime scenes near the victims in a way that left no doubt the killings are related (beyond the gun evidence). And maybe this information is the key to linking other crimes to him.

Also, LE didn't come right out and say the victims were posed, Chitwood said that from the position of the bodies, the killings were about control. Position. Posed? The first victim was in the fetal position, but the position of the other victims is unknown as far as I recall.

Funny you should bring this up. Somewhere the other day while reading some articles after Stacey was found, they used that exact phrase "left socks on". It's probably me reading too much into it but for some reason I at least initially took that as meaning he left socks on them other than what was their own. IDK I might need to take a step back :)

The missing or otherwise misplaced shoe's socks or clothing could be a clue as to the type of miscreant we're dealing with here. There's several different types that fit under the term sk and one of them is fetishistic.

btw I got this the other day when I tried to reply to you.
Kairi'sMom has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Funny you should bring this up. Somewhere the other day while reading some articles after Stacey was found, they used that exact phrase "left socks on". It's probably me reading too much into it but for some reason I at least initially took that as meaning he left socks on them other than what was their own. IDK I might need to take a step back :)

The missing or otherwise misplaced shoe's socks or clothing could be a clue as to the type of miscreant we're dealing with here. There's several different types that fit under the term sk and one of them is fetishistic.

btw I got this the other day when I tried to reply to you.
Kairi'sMom has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I had the same impression about the socks not belonging to the victims.

I only have two messages in my box. That's really weird lol. I'll go clear it out.

I was thinking about the model of the car---rental? I thought unlikely since the major Fl rental places don't keep a car for four years...BUT the smaller, private local rental places in and around Daytona would..shame, it would have been nice to check rental records back then

I updated the map by combining entries in TexasLil's map with one I'd started a few years ago. Please let me know if we need to add more entries.

MAP

How did I miss this one?

Yes, I think it is connected and he is back.

A nearby homeowner found the body of Faith Jenkins naked from the waist down late Wednesday night behind the boarded-up home on Kingston Avenue, along U.S. 1 and south of Mason Avenue.

"I'm upset," said Jessica Rhett, who lives near the crime scene. "It's 50 feet from my kids. That could have been my kids. My kids could go walk through the fence and see that if it was daylight. It's been there for a couple of days."

People familiar with Jenkins said she was a known prostitute who would frequent the area and have sex for money in the backyard.

Now, Daytona Beach police Chief Mike Chitwood said his investigators are trying to find out if her death could be the work of a serial killer.

Person Of Interest Questioned In Serial Murder Case
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Eyewitness News learned overnight that detectives on the Daytona Beach serial murder case questioned a person of interest. The unidentified man was arrested Monday night on unrelated drug charges
Investigators working the serial homicides said the individual they detained is not considered a suspect, even though he was involved in an altercation with a woman he didn't know near the location where police found two of the three murdered women.

Detectives in Daytona Beach said the murders of Julie Green, Laquetta Gunther and Iwana Patton have several things in common. All three voluntarily got into cars with men they did not know. All three were found dead laying in an alleyway, ditch or dirt road within a close proximity of each other.

Detectives also have reason to think the murders were committed by the same person in December, January and February.

While police have questioned some persons of interest, they have already ruled out the people they talked to. Those people included drug dealers and "johns," men who seek out prostitutes.

Police said two of the victims were known as crack addicts and prostitutes.
http://www.wftv.com/news/8455672/detail.html
7659329_3.jpg Just posting wayyyyyyyyyyy outside the box here, because this case is several years old all theories inside the box probably have been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

I believe Julie was a meth addict and possibley Laquetta was to but not as bad as Julie. Iwana choice was probably crack being cheaper................. They may have gotten there dope from the same person.

As far as I have read with what links are still available to view it appears that no sexual assault had occured with these three before there murder. Can anyone answer that with a yes or no.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/06/13/news_pf/Tampabay/Meth_makes_mark_in_Fl.shtml

The above article is from 2005... Am I am wondering if there killer/supplier may had been a gay man?

They have DNA for two of the three victims, that belongs to the killer. I don't know which two. It may be in an older article. The DNA is the same, on both girls, and the women are all nude or left with just socks on their feet, if I am reading all the information correctly.

The DNA was found on the first two, Gunther and Green according to this 2010 article,

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...I-4-in-Central-Fla-may-be-serial-killer/page3

The article posted stated semen was found on those two. If not gay than perhaps bi sexual....I would bet of all the POI interviewed, I would bet/guess not many if any were gay/bi sexual men whom had a history with drugs. Such as meth and or crack. Possible users and sellers...No one probably thought of a gay bisexual person as a suspect at the time. But thought more of a john or pimp/john whom supplied the girls with there drugs...They may had been killed do to non payment and owed money to the killer whom decided not to wait for payment any longer.
Gay man leaving his semen behind certainly would through the Leos off, and have them look for a more logical suspect. Could have been someone whom has died from aids or aid related illnesses since the crime. As a reason no one has been matched running it through the system.

But as I stated in my first post. Just thinking wayyyyyyyy outside the box and I could be totally wrong with my speculation..

I don't know much about the LI sk, but since they are prostitutes also, have the dates been compared? or any other info compared? We have so many NY & NJ visitors and residents here. Just wondered..

I don't know much about the LI sk, but since they are prostitutes also, have the dates been compared? or any other info compared? We have so many NY & NJ visitors and residents here. Just wondered..

For the Daytona, Atlantic city, and Long Island serial killings the timeline works out quite well for it to be the same person. You also have the same type victims and maybe even the same number if we limit the LI murders to the first 4 found in late 2010, however I think that's where the similarities end. The ages seem to get younger as the murders progress. The Daytona victims were shot, Atlantic city I think strangled and Long Island victims not publicised that I remember. They possibly have DNA for one or more of the Atlantic city victims because a person of interest was asked to submit a sample and was subsequently released from custody after doing so. Them having DNA is speculation on my part though.

05/06 1st 3 in Daytona
Oct/Nov 06 Atlantic city
2007 1st of the LI4 went missing
2008 Stacey Gage in Daytona
2009 2nd of the LI4 ...
2010 3rd and 4th of the LI4 ....

Its a bit of a stretch but not impossible.

Does anyone know the name of the junkyard in Volusia County where LE recovered tires that were an exact match to the ones that left tracks at the scene where Julia Green's body was found?

The America's Most Wanted episode (Season 24, Episode 20 - March 19, 2011) included information that the owner of the junkyard has a brother who was incarcerated in California for serial murder, though both the junkyard owner and brother were cleared in the Daytona case - does anyone have any further details?

Thanks!

Reactions: GGE
Does anyone know the name of the junkyard in Volusia County where LE recovered tires that were an exact match to the ones that left tracks at the scene where Julia Green's body was found?

The America's Most Wanted episode (Season 24, Episode 20 - March 19, 2011) included information that the owner of the junkyard has a brother who was incarcerated in California for serial murder, though both the junkyard owner and brother were cleared in the Daytona case - does anyone have any further details?

Thanks!

Do you think the producer would tell you anymore information? I looked up one Wrecker co and saw the name of who owned it, but he doesn't appear to have another person on the business and I couldn't find anyone in CA that had the same last name expect one SK, but they don't have ties to FL. The Wrecker co has 30 yrs in Daytona. Anyone want to check out junkyards and I can look them up on Sunbiz and pm you with names of owners or I can get a link here to Sunbiz it is where you look up business in FL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back