VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Feb14

It continues to be an active missing persons investigation. At this time, there is significant reason to believe that foul play was involved. Colson was involved in drug transactions before his disappearance,” Windsor County State’s Attorney David Cahill said.

“There appears to be a dispute over money and the collection of money with the sale and purchase of controlled substances,” Cahill said.

He confirmed that there had been at least one state search warrant approved by a judge, but it was under seal at the courthouse in White River Junction.

http://www.vnews.com/Suspect-identified-in-disappearance-of-Royalton-VT-man-15557056

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

These people in the comments sure see and hear everything around. They are not afraid to post it either. Very interesting!!!
Yup....quite helpful to the state police. Reduced the paperwork to bring em in and interrogate them. :)
I'm hoping they keep the pressure on to get info about Austin.

Yup....quite helpful to the state police. Reduced the paperwork to bring em in and interrogate them. :)
I'm hoping they keep the pressure on to get info about Austin.

Any thoughts of him possibly running away? I've read around in a couple of places along with the Vermont Police page, that he was seen in the Newport area- this was within the first couple of weeks, though. Maybe someone was after him for money owed? JMO.

Any thoughts of him possibly running away? I've read around in a couple of places along with the Vermont Police page, that he was seen in the Newport area- this was within the first couple of weeks, though. Maybe someone was after him for money owed? JMO.
I guess its possible. The family is convinced otherwise....

Curious if anyone knows. As stated in a the link above about a felon with a firearm. I believe the one(Whitcomb)being held by LE is recently married so if the firearm belonged to the wife and she didn't know he was a felon would she be in the clear?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The wife stated who her lawyer is..its the same one that represented the Prues from St. Johnsbury in Melissa Jenkins murder case a few years back.

The wife stated who her lawyer is..its the same one that represented the Prues from St. Johnsbury in Melissa Jenkins murder case a few years back.

Verily interesting that she hired that lawyer. Perhaps the wrong one is in jail? Or both belong there?

I think they both do...he hired a different attorney, one I haven't heard of before. Why different attorneys, i'm wondering.

I think they both do...he hired a different attorney, one I haven't heard of before. Why different attorneys, i'm wondering.

Well now, why would she need an attorney in the first place if she wasn't involved in his disappearance?

They found a few things to keep him behind bars for a bit, I just hope he starts talking soon. Austin's family deserves answers.

Next time I'm in the Quechee Gorge area, I might do some searching myself if he's still missing.

My thinking is that she didn't commit the murder but might be ostensibly "involved" since she's married to killer. She wants a separate lawyer to focus on, at the very least, keeping HER out of it. If they BOTH TRULY had nothing to do with Austin's disappearance, they would both just have the same lawyer since they know that there will be no resulting guilt..

Please remember to post a link to law enforcement pages if you are referring to them in a post.

Thank you

My thinking is that she didn't commit the murder but might be ostensibly "involved" since she's married to killer. She wants a separate lawyer to focus on, at the very least, keeping HER out of it. If they BOTH TRULY had nothing to do with Austin's disappearance, they would both just have the same lawyer since they know that there will be no resulting guilt..
The attached is discussion from an attorney on husband/wife using the same attorney. Based on this expert, it has nothing to do with guilt of innocence.

http://joedane.com/criminal-procedure/can-two-people-use-the-same-defense-attorney/

Well now, why would she need an attorney in the first place if she wasn't involved in his disappearance?

They found a few things to keep him behind bars for a bit, I just hope he starts talking soon. Austin's family deserves answers.

Next time I'm in the Quechee Gorge area, I might do some searching myself if he's still missing.
IMO....if she was involved, VSP would arrest her. IMO, I don't think so, but who knows but her and her husband in jail.

Its such a scary and sad situation. I live locally and have teens only a year and two younger than Austin. My ex husband owns a local business where he had hired the guy who's now in jail to do manual labor on job sites. Ive been a correctional nurse at the state prison where the guy who was driving the truck & in my opinion killed Austin has been a frequent flyer! It was printed in the local paper that they found searches on his phone for how long it takes to get rid of gun shot residue. Unfortunately, I think that he killed Austin over drugs/money and he wont be found until the snow melts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back