VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like people knew what time Brianna was working until the night of her disappearance in order for them to stop her on her way home. So who knew her schedule and where she would be heading after work, the place she was living knew as I believe I read she informed them she would be heading home after work. Makes me wonder if they could be involved with her disappearance.
She was staying with a childhood friend, I'm not too sure when she had moved in with her but I don't think she was responsible for anything that went down here.

Brianna’s parents had no idea their daughter was missing until they got a call three days later from her roommate. The roommate, Jillian Stout, had returned from a weekend trip and found the note Brianna had left on Friday saying she would see her after work.

Worried, Jillian reached out to Brianna’s parents to see if they knew where Brianna was.

“She called us and asked, ‘Where's Brianna?’ We said, ‘Well, I don’t know,’” Brianna’s father Bruce said. “At the time, it was a bit concerning. But it was Brianna, and she could have been with a number of her friends.”

Brianna’s roommate and parents started calling all of her friends, but nobody knew where she was.

On Tuesday, March 23, Brianna’s parents reported her missing to police.

Nobody was waiting for her in her car but people were waiting for her on the road that night.
I am not from the area, and this may seem stupid to ask but when you say people were waiting for her on the road, what do you mean? In cars? A group of people? It seems to me that most people believe she was already threatened before, so why would she stop for this people who were on the road? I dont recall hearing of any damage to the car other than when it was backed into the barn.

Thanks Tarik, hopefully more people in the area will start talking and the disappearance of this poor victim will be solved.

Last edited:
No problem. The way her car was found fits the ambush theory. How exactly it went down is still a mystery, we can only speculate. My personal opinion is that she was driving down that road, saw either a car blocking the road and/or a group of people, panicked and hit the brakes quickly at which point someone got into the car through the passenger door (which would have been unlocked) and forced her outside. Then someone else got behind the wheel and accidentally backed into the Dutchburn house while trying to turn the car around. What you need to understand is that the Oldsmobile is very different from most cars especially modern cars. It wouldn't be hard to have an accident while driving it if you're not familiar with how it works.

Thanks for all the info, Tarik. Do you believe you know what happened to her after she was ambushed? I mean, there is what most likely happened, but just didnt know what else you knew.

I do have a general idea of what happened, nothing too precise though and I've given all my information to the proper authorities.

My question is why though. Why Brianna? Was she keeping bad company? Did she see something she shouldnt have seen? Did she make the wrong person mad?

She was different from all the other girls in many ways, from what I was able to gather. Why she was targeted instead of someone else, I don't have a precise answer to that. I do still believe in the drug debt theory but not necessarily in the way it was presented to the general public by law enforcement and media.

She was different from all the other girls in many ways, from what I was able to gather. Why she was targeted instead of someone else, I don't have a precise answer to that. I do still believe in the drug debt theory but not necessarily in the way it was presented to the general public by law enforcement and media.
Can you elaborate? It's obvious you're familiar with this case.

Without trying to offend anyone, I don't think Websleuths rules would allow me to. My comments have been erased in the past.

I still think she accidentally backed up into the Dutchburn barn trying to get away from someone.

Jmo.

It's possible, it's not what I believe and what I was told but it's possible. More likely for sure than someone hiding in the backseat of her car to attack her on the road between Montgomery and the Dutchburn house.

No problem. The way her car was found fits the ambush theory. How exactly it went down is still a mystery, we can only speculate. My personal opinion is that she was driving down that road, saw either a car blocking the road and/or a group of people, panicked and hit the brakes quickly at which point someone got into the car through the passenger door (which would have been unlocked) and forced her outside. Then someone else got behind the wheel and accidentally backed into the Dutchburn house while trying to turn the car around. What you need to understand is that the Oldsmobile is very different from most cars especially modern cars. It wouldn't be hard to have an accident while driving it if you're not familiar with how it works.

Hi Tarik,,,question. What is your reasoning as to an Oldsmobile being very different than most cars? If anything it is easier to drive than a new one, I have had quite a few Olds in my time and I don't understand that it wouldn't be hard to have an accident, there is drive and reverse and her car had none of the technology that some cars have on them today. I miss Oldsmobile, they made good cars.
Also are you local to VT to get the information that you have received?

I spoke to the owner of an Oldsmobile similar to Brianna's in June 2016. His explanation was that the mechanics of the car were those of a 80's car (steering wheel, brake pedal etc.) therefore someone that wasn't familiar with the cars would struggle to drive it. He showed me exactly how the staged accident could have happened.

I'm not a local, I live across the border.

Well I find those cars to be much easier to drive than new models and less crap on them that you need a degree to figure out how to use.! Very easy to drive but of course bigger and heavier than what is out there today. I just don't get that reasoning.

Anyway we can only hope with any theories that if someone knows something they make a mistake and spill the beans whether because they want to or by accident. She might be buried and that is why no hunters have come across her remains yet or have just not crossed the area. Unfortunately I think Brianna met her demise that night for reasons we all want to know and maybe someday we will.
Of course it sure would be nice if she showed up but it has been so long such as the Maura Murray case. You hold out hope but after years go by I tend to always think it is a bad end.

I think if she was still alive she would have found a way to contact her family and her best friend at the very least. I never believed the rumors about her living a new life in New Jersey and whatnot.

I think if she was still alive she would have found a way to contact her family and her best friend at the very least. I never believed the rumors about her living a new life in New Jersey and whatnot.

I agree, I know for a long time I thought Maura might have went up to Canada but I no longer have that thought in my mind.
Although we never know and people have shown up years later or been found either dead or alive.
To watch your family /friends looking and searching would be hard and I think most would come forward and say here I am.

It's also that Brianna had absolutely no reason to walk away from her life, stage an accident with her car that she loved so much and never talk to anyone ever again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back