Found Deceased VT - Hadil Marzouq, 20, Bennington, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On one of her friends Facebook page it was stated that she was in Manchester. Have to look deeper into this. Was she visiting someone?

Manchester is also mentioned in two posts she wrote on Medium in January 2016:

1/20/2016: https://medium.com/@hadilissa/from-manchester-to-burlington-c80f360464c2#.shq58218y (titled "from Manchester to Burlington")
1/13/2016: https://medium.com/@hadilissa/under...able-phenomenon-is-my-2b29b4aff19a#.w4l3b7pl2

I gather that she spent most of the 2016 FWT in Burlington at Champlain College doing mediation/conflict resolution work. Shortly before going to Burlington, she spent time in Manchester at the Wilburton Inn working with a Greek psychiatrist named Albert Levis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_J._Levis) in relation to her conflict resolution studies -- see the second post linked above. It seems that the first week or so of her 2016 FWT was spent in Manchester with Levis, and the remainder in Burlington at Champlain College.

She wrote: "Before I left to Burlington, I decided to stop at Bennington to pick up my guitar to keep me company as I spend the coming month in cold Burlington. A week has passed already, and I am very glad I brought it, even though this add an extra hour to the 3 hours drive"

This shows that Hadil has ties to Manchester and certainly could have been visiting someone there, maybe even Levis himself.

Manchester is also mentioned in two posts she wrote on Medium in January 2016:

1/20/2016: https://medium.com/@hadilissa/from-manchester-to-burlington-c80f360464c2#.shq58218y (titled "from Manchester to Burlington")
1/13/2016: https://medium.com/@hadilissa/under...able-phenomenon-is-my-2b29b4aff19a#.w4l3b7pl2

I gather that she spent most of the 2016 FWT in Burlington at Champlain College doing mediation/conflict resolution work. Shortly before going to Burlington, she spent time in Manchester at the Wilburton Inn working with a Greek psychiatrist named Albert Levis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_J._Levis) in relation to her conflict resolution studies -- see the second post linked above. It seems that the first week or so of her 2016 FWT was spent in Manchester with Levis, and the remainder in Burlington at Champlain College.

She wrote: "Before I left to Burlington, I decided to stop at Bennington to pick up my guitar to keep me company as I spend the coming month in cold Burlington. A week has passed already, and I am very glad I brought it, even though this add an extra hour to the 3 hours drive"

This shows that Hadil has ties to Manchester and certainly could have been visiting someone there, maybe even Levis himself.

If her friend was right and she was in Manchester that means whoever she was visiting was the last person to see her. Levi?

The way the car was parked would make it convenient for someone to drag a body out of the front passenger side and into the water, but why not pull over sooner? Could there have been snowbanks creating an obstacle? I assume they would already have had dogs check out the car. I hope she is found soon, whatever the circumstances.

Just came here to check in. I saw the thread on reddit and knew there must be one here. Praying for good outcome.

some very little details, but something:

Marzouq is an international student from Palestine who attends Bennington College and lives with a host family in Bennington.

She left the Bennington residence at which she was staying on Saturday. When she did not return, she was reported missing the following day.

Just before 8 p.m. on Sunday, police recovered the car she was driving at the quarry on Route 30 in Dorset, about 40 minutes north of Bennington. Police said they had no information on whether or not Marzouq is familiar with the Dorset area.

On Tuesday, the State Police SCUBA Team, an underwater search and recovery unit, lowered a remote operated vehicle (ROV) to view underneath the quarry's surface. Dive teams were later lowered into the water. Some of the quarry was frozen over. Crews, assisted by K-9 units, also searched the wooded area around the quarry on foot. Dive teams will be back on Wednesday morning to search the rest of the quarry.

Marzouq is a third-year student at Bennington College, where she is a peer mediator and studies Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.

On friend said:
"Hadil was involved with organizations that brought together the campus and the larger Bennington community, I think there's an obvious suspicion that she may have had made an impression on members of the community and those people are worth (questioning)."

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/stories/search-for-missing-student-will-continue-wednesday,492793

some very little details, but something:

Marzouq is an international student from Palestine who attends Bennington College and lives with a host family in Bennington.

She left the Bennington residence at which she was staying on Saturday. When she did not return, she was reported missing the following day.

Just before 8 p.m. on Sunday, police recovered the car she was driving at the quarry on Route 30 in Dorset, about 40 minutes north of Bennington. Police said they had no information on whether or not Marzouq is familiar with the Dorset area.

On Tuesday, the State Police SCUBA Team, an underwater search and recovery unit, lowered a remote operated vehicle (ROV) to view underneath the quarry's surface. Dive teams were later lowered into the water. Some of the quarry was frozen over. Crews, assisted by K-9 units, also searched the wooded area around the quarry on foot. Dive teams will be back on Wednesday morning to search the rest of the quarry.

Marzouq is a third-year student at Bennington College, where she is a peer mediator and studies Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.

On friend said:
"Hadil was involved with organizations that brought together the campus and the larger Bennington community, I think there's an obvious suspicion that she may have had made an impression on members of the community and those people are worth (questioning)."

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/stories/search-for-missing-student-will-continue-wednesday,492793

She spent a week on two separate ocassions at an Inn in Manchester. Police should know that she is familiar with the area. If another poster can find that info out on social media, why can't the police?

Meant to respond to one of the first posters... just to fill in some gaps:

A few things... the town vs. gown has been diminishing and Hadil has been a part of outreach from the college. Not correcting you -- just an FYI, not sure when you graduated. There hasn't been open hostility in a long time between the college and the town thanks to some really cool partnerships.

The info is pretty misleading. It says that she left a "Bennington residence" so I assumed she was renting. A lot of kids rent in North B. and on Pleasant St, etc. but some of the more info-rich articles specify that it was an on campus residence, not a rental. So I think someone used "bennington" to refer to the college and then it got jumbled in the mix.

Thanks for posting the info on FWT, I couldn't remember when it started. There are lots of Bennington kids still in town... more than we usually see this time of year. She is an international student, which could explain that. Hadil is from Palestine and attended hs in the Netherlands before coming to Bennington.

Would be nice to get some kind of a timeline from when she left Bennington to when her car was reported Saturday. Might be able to figure out if she was in Manchester for a bit.

Meant to respond to one of the first posters... just to fill in some gaps:

A few things... the town vs. gown has been diminishing and Hadil has been a part of outreach from the college. Not correcting you -- just an FYI, not sure when you graduated. There hasn't been open hostility in a long time between the college and the town thanks to some really cool partnerships.

The info is pretty misleading. It says that she left a "Bennington residence" so I assumed she was renting. A lot of kids rent in North B. and on Pleasant St, etc. but some of the more info-rich articles specify that it was an on campus residence, not a rental. So I think someone used "bennington" to refer to the college and then it got jumbled in the mix.

Thanks for posting the info on FWT, I couldn't remember when it started. There are lots of Bennington kids still in town... more than we usually see this time of year. She is an international student, which could explain that. Hadil is from Palestine and attended hs in the Netherlands before coming to Bennington.

There are conflicting reports here. Some state that she was on campus and left. Others state that she was staying with friends from her church because she could not travel home for the holidays. To my knowledge, and also from an earlier post, the college is closed during winter and doesnt offer 12 month housing even to international students. This is an important piece of information that could start to weed out the confusion of the timeline.

Also, I agree about the lack of a town/college conflict. Like anywhere, you still have townies who don't like anyone not from Bennington, but overall, the town and college, as well as Southern Vermont College, also in Bennington, right next to Bennington College, interact very well together and are very supportive of each other.

I worked for a large University for years and they also closed for winter break. Most international students stayed with friends and faculty as going home to other countries was out of their financial means.
If she was a three year student she knew the area. I really was hoping when I checked on here this morning that this was rectified and that maybe she was with a friend. Still hoping for a good outcome on this.

Marzouq is a third-year student at Bennington College, where she is a peer mediator and studies Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution. Friends and classmates have shared numerous missing person posts on social media. They say they are worried and that this is not typical behavior for her.

"The last two days have been exceptionally hard since one of my very dearest friends has been missing in Vermont," Asad J. Malik, a Bennington College student from Pakistan, wrote on his Facebook page. "She is one of the bravest people I have in my life and I would really appreciate if my friends who know people in the U.S. share this information about her."

20161220-210101-BAN-L-MISSING-1220-_15009.jpg 20161220-210056-BAN-L-MISSING-1220-_08770.jpg

Reports say she was last seen Saturday, her car found Sunday. The question would be where did she go and who did she see?
Manchester seems like a good place to look IMO.

Also, wouldn't there have been footprints in the snow? Wouldn't the dog have picked up her scent?

Just got a message from one of her friends. They stated she was in Manchester for the day. Most likely to relax and wander around. She had been to the quarry before to take pictures. They said "she liked that place"

wonder if any shop owners recognized her and reported it.

Vermont State Police are searching for a Bennington College student who was reported missing over the weekend after her car was discovered at a swimming hole in Green Mountain National Forest.
Troopers say 20-year-old Hadil Marzouq, from Palestine, left a Bennington residence where she was staying on Saturday, and didn't return. She was reported missing on Sunday.
Police say her vehicle was discovered Sunday at Dorset Quarry next to Vermont Route 30 Sunday night, about a 40 minute drive north from the Bennington campus.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-missing-car-swimming-hole.html#ixzz4TUVwMymI

Someone on FB said she was going to spend Christmas with them in Burlington. Manchester is on the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back