VT VT - Matthew Houskeeper, 59, last seen getting a haircut, car missing, phone inactive, missed work, Manchester, 14 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still missing, search to continue tomorrow.

Sounds like it was a pretty extensive search: Teams that participated in Saturday’s search included the Vermont State Police Search and Rescue Team and the Underwater Recovery Team; the Vermont Department of Fish & Wildlife; New England K9 Search and Rescue; and Rescue Inc.

Aug 18

Matthew Houskeeper, 59, was last seen at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, when he was getting a haircut at Camille's Hair Salon in Manchester, Vt.

He was reported missing after he did not show up for a scheduled 10 a.m. shift at Kevin’s Sports Pub in North Bennington — something very out of character according to family, friends and coworkers.

His vehicle was located at 2445 Tunnel St. in Whitingham, near Sherman Reservoir, around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, according to police

Police resumed their search of the area on Saturday to no avail, and intended to resume the search on Sunday.

Still missing

“SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

The search continued Sunday for Matthew Housekeeper, 59, of Bennington. He remains missing.

Anyone with information that could assist investigators is asked to call the Westminster Barracks at 802-722-4600; the Bennington Police Department at 802-442-1030; or provide an anonymous tip online at Submit a Tip | Vermont State Police.”

Still missing

“SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

The search continued Sunday for Matthew Housekeeper, 59, of Bennington. He remains missing.
I'm really surprised there are no updates on finding Matthew by today. His car was found 3 full days ago. I just searched news sites and a variety of social media sites to no avail. This includes the Bennington VT police FB page.

If there were a mishap with his kayak I would expect to at least find the paddles. And most kayaks used on lakes don't sink to the bottom if overturned.
Have you ever wondered if a kayak can sink?.... While it may seem implausible, the answer is yes, a kayak can indeed sink. However, fear not, for such an occurrence is exceedingly rare. News Article - Can a kayak sink?

“There are crews out today, though the search has been scaled back somewhat,”

If they are scaling back the search, they must have searched in all the most likely places for someone to be found. Since his car was fond parked at the reservoir, I have been assuming that is where he will be found. But perhaps not.

father died 8/17/21....

Matthew Houskeeper

eoSrnptosd827101198560A1a2i h3i1u s2751,u1m5l94umt84g00tg967 ·

Swiss Family Robinson, 1968.
Dad at the helm, and me on Jackie O's lap
It's my father who introduced me to the ocean.
RIP Dad
1930- 2021

I got totally captured with all his lovely family history posts...
What an exciting life they all lived.

As I said earlier, this is my backyard... I have been tempted to step into Kevin's Sports Bar since I will be going right by today on my way to Manchester.... but there is really nothing to learn, and my guess is that any mention will only bring sadness....
This is a very loved man... and my guess is that everyone is just assuming he is in those waters.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W
Back