GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Got an imp phone call & missed the presser but seems they didn't say much..I get chan. NECN here in MA so IF the arraignment is on tv I'll post about it.

Can't wrap my brain around WHY these 2 obvious LOSERS killed her..I desperately need to know the motive!

I thought it was said she went "missing" at 8:30? :waitasec: So was she on her way home after picking up her son from the babysitter and that's when she was stopped by these two?

Who in the world would be that angry to murder a mom who had a 2 year old baby in the car? This is personal, imo. Something happened.

My :twocents: There was an alleged court hearing scheduled for today with two people with the same names as the accused. Could Melissa have been a potential witness in that case against one or the other? (IF that case was for these 2) I know far fetched but I just can't see why anyone would want to hurt someone like Melissa who by all accounts was a beloved, well liked teacher and mom to her baby boy.

What a senseless crime!!!

If that were the case, I think it'd be a 1st degree murder because I think that would fall under the guidelines for a "revenge killing," at least in Texas it would.

I thought it was said she went "missing" at 8:30? :waitasec: So was she on her way home after picking up her son from the babysitter and that's when she was stopped by these two?

Who in the world would be that angry to murder a mom who had a 2 year old baby in the car? This is personal, imo. Something happened.

My :twocents: There was an alleged court hearing scheduled for today with two people with the same names as the accused. Could Melissa have been a potential witness in that case against one or the other? (IF that case was for these 2) I know far fetched but I just can't see why anyone would want to hurt someone like Melissa who by all accounts was a beloved, well liked teacher and mom to her baby boy.

What a senseless crime!!!

Leaving work early was Sat. & this happened Sun. night..I don't think this is the SAME couple going to court but I could be wrong.

Melissa Jenkins was abducted Sunday night and her body was found Monday afternoon in nearby Barnet. Police said Wednesday that she was strangled to death.

"Sweeney said Monday afternoon that Melissa Jenkins left work Saturday at about 9:30 p.m. to retrieve her son."

Could something have happened at the restaurant that night that may have involved these two?

They were caught very quick!!! Who/what led LE to the Prue's?

Could something have happened at the restaurant that night that may have involved these two?

They were caught very quick!!! Who/what led LE to the Prue's?

Very quick! TG! I wish it was the same for ALL such cases..<sigh>

This couple doesn't look too 'bright' so my guess is they left some very good evidence for LE..They also may have been seen by a witness near where the car was left along with the above.

Bizarre - what could be the possible motive? Were they trying to rob her?
She was said to be going to "help someone out."

Leaving work early was Sat. & this happened Sun. night..I don't think this is the SAME couple going to court but I could be wrong.

Melissa Jenkins was abducted Sunday night and her body was found Monday afternoon in nearby Barnet. Police said Wednesday that she was strangled to death.

"Sweeney said Monday afternoon that Melissa Jenkins left work Saturday at about 9:30 p.m. to retrieve her son."

sorry, i was the one that got it wrong...

last shift at the creamery ended 9:30pm saturday
last seen by a friend at 8:30pm sunday
same friend finds car and reports her missing 11:30pm sunday

got it. so the crime occured between 8:30 and 11:30 sunday. or more specifically (driving distance, altercation, disposal) 9 and 11...ish...

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, but "strangulation" and only charged with 2nd degree murder? I don't understand. Plenty of time to stop yourself from that act. Especially between the two of them.

I don't think there is any. It sounds like the father was involved in his son's life to a point, but I don't think that there was a continuing relationship with mother. I'm imagine LE has cleared him already.

I really don't see the father being involved with the death. I know in most cases, the first person looked at is the spouse/boyfriend/childs father, but in this case, I don't think so. JMO.

To add another opinion: Her part time job was in a restaurant. These small towns sometimes only have one restaurant, and many have regulars. Was there a customer who repeatedly searched her out to be their waitress? Was she stalked by a regular customer? Often times, waitresses flirt harmlessly with patrons in order to get a better tip. Was there one who took her flirting seriously?

JMO, it doesn't have to be flirting. A smile to a delusional perp from someone serving the public can be just enough. It's truly a situation of grace. imo

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, but "strangulation" and only charged with 2nd degree murder? I don't understand. Plenty of time to stop yourself from that act. Especially between the two of them.

None of us understand..YET!

I don't think I will ever understand what the heck is wrong with some people, even if I live to be 100.

I mean, how heartless do you have to be to murder a young mother and leave her toddler in a car at the side of the road? The death penalty is made for vermin like this.

Can they also be charged with some kind of child endangerment if LE can prove they abducted the mother and intentionally left the child?

My wild, uninformed speculation is that these people (Prues, not Melissa) have been taking a lot of oxy or something similar. I have never seen such a dead look as in the wife's eyes. Plus, Xmas decorations are still up -- maybe they've been too occupied to notice. I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted her because they thought she had money. MOO.

I don't think I will ever understand what the heck is wrong with some people, even if I live to be 100.

I mean, how heartless do you have to be to murder a young mother and leave her toddler in a car at the side of the road? The death penalty is made for vermin like this.

You're right, of course, but unfortunately, there is no death penalty in Vermont. If they kidnapped her, they may be eligible for federal charges that could result in a sentence of death. There have been some cases where that has been pursued.

Capital punishment in Vermont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can they also be charged with some kind of child endangerment if LE can prove they abducted the mother and intentionally left the child?

I was thinking about that as well. This is all around bizarre and effed up.

it wouldn't surprise me if money was a motivator, or drug involvement...but my less than educated theory is...jealousy.

patricia and melissa are the same age...local girls...probably went to high school together...melissa, the pretty one, goes on to college and a fancy teaching job (however underpaid) and money coming in via the restaurant. a little one, a nice family compound...patricia, not so much judging from her home. with the baggage of someone like allen who's obviously broken his nose quite a few times (or had it broken)...

i'm probably wrong. but IMO usually it's not an equal relationship...one of them held the other's strings. so either allen went after melissa b/c she rejected him and patricia's was too controlled by him to stop it...or patricia has him by his xxxxx and the idiot listened to her paranoia. my guess is the latter, only a guess.

oh and the prue vs prue court case i initially posted isn't them. wrong county. duh.

absolutely. i would hope so.

what if they were either too drugged up or too stupid to even notice the child was in the car? it was dark and they were obviously in a hurry (didn't even turn the ignition off), with an obvious target...?

either way thank goodness he's alive and untouched.

One of the links upthread says Melissa lived with her mother....if true, why take the baby with her while going to "help someone"? Maybe grandma wasn't home that night....

I wonder if phone call(s) linked the perps to Melissa?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back