GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree -- this is such a weird case -- they are so incredibly vicious and cold and blase that you think they must have done it tons of times (plus all the unsolved cases around them). But then you see all the stupid mistakes they made, and you can't imagine how they would have gotten away with it before. But what married couple randomly decides to kill someone like this? It's just very weird.

And the wife is the one coldly denying everything. Could she be the instigator? Gah.

that's what i originally thought...she being the instigator...according to the affidavit, she placed a call via her new 'tracfone' to allen at 2013 (8:13pm)...then at 2034 (8:34pm) the tracfone called melissa...

within that 20 minute time frame, patricia and allen definitely discussed something...

so...perhaps...allen "wanted" what she couldn't or wouldn't provide and she thought of a way? ew.

i still can't figure out who controls who. i initially suspected her...then him...now i'm back to her...

It seems like he had an obsession with her. Maybe it really was the first time. Poor Melissa.

:rose: R.I.P. Melissa. :rose:

This is one of the most horrifying crimes in a long time and we have seen a lot of horrifying crimes...usually there is SOME kind of motive, at least in the perp's mind, such as custody of a child (thinking of Summer Inman, for instance). This is just sick...reminds me of what happened to Sherry Arnold, another teacher lost to her students. Just sickening...and all of her students have to deal with knowing the terrible way she died.

It seems like he had an obsession with her. Maybe it really was the first time. Poor Melissa.

:rose: R.I.P. Melissa. :rose:

Is anyone stepping up to say anything about the character and personalities of these perps (other than his mommy and sister)? I can't help but be curious about past signs that these two had mental defects that were ignored or shrugged off. We know his mom says they were fine folks; does she offer any evidence of that? Any classmates, close friends, former coworkers, etc?

Is anyone stepping up to say anything about the character and personalities of these perps (other than his mommy and sister)? I can't help but be curious about past signs that these two had mental defects that were ignored or shrugged off. We know his mom says they were fine folks; does she offer any evidence of that? Any classmates, close friends, former coworkers, etc?

I agree. Know it's early, but where is her family? The mother and sister are in denial or just standard stuff. There had to have been some signs. I guess it's early, but such a shame and useless loss. MOO

If there was a sexual assault or she was still alive when taken from her vehicle, that is capital murder.

My theory: they're charging second degree because it doesn't matter what they charge, because they are packaging up this case to hand it up federally. Killing in VT, body in NH qualifies this as a federal case, rather than adjudicating in VT. I think they'll follow the Dru Sjodin model, and he will get the death penalty. Actually, he'll probably wind up in the same prison in IN where they executed Timothy McVeigh. There is a brutal irony in the fact that the stupidest aspect of his crime was his dump site, but you can tell just looking at him that he did not win the genetic lottery and it will be a long time, if ever, before he realizes that. If he'd kept her body on the VT side of the line, he'd get life and probably would've qualified for parole review eventually.

This is such a disturbing case. Everything about it is just horrifying.

I just don't understand anything about this whole case. It's sickening. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Her poor, precious 2 year old son. He will likely not remember his mama in years to come :( I'm just heartbroken. I don't understand the urge to just wipe someone out for no reason at all but to "get a girl". Very disturbing.

This is one of the most horrifying crimes in a long time and we have seen a lot of horrifying crimes...usually there is SOME kind of motive, at least in the perp's mind, such as custody of a child (thinking of Summer Inman, for instance). This is just sick...reminds me of what happened to Sherry Arnold, another teacher lost to her students. Just sickening...and all of her students have to deal with knowing the terrible way she died.

IMO it was fatal attraction since she hired him to snow plow for her. He had a "thing" for her since that day... Tried to move on with the wife he had and wasn't satisfied with what he settled for from an online dating site... Obese, diabetic, depressed wife who likely didn't satisfy his fantasies. He wanted better and, for whatever reason, thought he was entitled to better. He tried, she rejected, and he's had her on his mind since. All IMO a reason for FIRST DEGREE MURDER!

I'm awfully suspicious of the wife. Look at her eyes, there's nothing there. She bought the phone in her name. She called Melissa. She strangled her again. She denied everything even when confronted with evidence and pictures of her buying the phone. There's so much more we don't know I'm afraid but I see no emotion absolutely zero in her eyes and face.

What would have made the checkerboard imprint bruises on Melissa?

IMO it was fatal attraction since she hired him to snow plow for her. He had a "thing" for her since that day... Tried to move on with the wife he had and wasn't satisfied with what he settled for from an online dating site... Obese, diabetic, depressed wife who likely didn't satisfy his fantasies. He wanted better and, for whatever reason, thought he was entitled to better. He tried, she rejected, and he's had her on his mind since. All IMO a reason for FIRST DEGREE MURDER!

Well that would be a good reason for the wife to hate Melissa I guess.

I'm sorry. Two @#$#$%& losers....and I blame the woman no matter what kind of half-assed excuse she comes up with. She may be a mental midget, but you don't have to be brilliant to know the difference between right and wrong. It's sickening , and they deserve no mercy. And to leave that innocent child alone! What kind of monsters do we live among????

I am so angry. I am just pretty much just blown away.
The EVIL, that these two perpetuated, is beyond my thoughts.

Yes. Obviously, they are two extremely SICK, EVIL people.

Melissa, was found "BEATEN".
I just know in my heart that she fought these monsters.

But, it was two against one.

I do not even know what to say. These awful, evil, people decided to kill a wonderful Mom and Teacher. For FUN???

I can only hope that while in prison, their fellow prisioners, treat them as badly as possible.

Now, we Human Beings, who would NEVER, consider doing this to anyone-
get to hear the lawyers, talk about their poor childhood.

How, their childhood, made them into monsters, who would kill a teacher in front of her two year old.

I will never believe it. If there is a devil living in anyone, it is certainly living within these two. I only wish that I could be on this jury.

I am back to being VERY angry. I cannot even imaggine, what LE went through, finding her body, nude, weighted down, covered with branches in the river.

May Mr. and Mrs. Prue-pay for their awful sins, in the worst way possible.
I pray and hope that everynight is one very long nightmare.

Dee N.

I'm confused. Why do I keep seeing posts about the body being in NH? Everything I read says Vermont.

I'm awfully suspicious of the wife. Look at her eyes, there's nothing there. She bought the phone in her name. She called Melissa. She strangled her again. She denied everything even when confronted with evidence and pictures of her buying the phone. There's so much more we don't know I'm afraid but I see no emotion absolutely zero in her eyes and face.

They both have to be APD to have contributed to this crime in any way.

The bruising could be caused by a cargo net in the trunk of a car.

They both have to be APD to have contributed to this crime in any way.

The bruising could be caused by a cargo net in the trunk of a car.

The affidavit says the pattern was 1/8th of an inch. I'm thinking it might be the sole of a shoe.

There's so many thoughts running through my head about this case. I'm so sick of things like this happening.

Melissa, I am so sorry for what you went through, and that this trash did what they did and left your son to grow up without his mommy. I hope you are at peace.

I would assume the soles of their workboots.:(

I'm sorry. Two @#$#$%& losers....and I blame the woman no matter what kind of half-assed excuse she comes up with. She may be a mental midget, but you don't have to be brilliant to know the difference between right and wrong. It's sickening , and they deserve no mercy. And to leave that innocent child alone! What kind of monsters do we live among????

I hope you are blaming them both, and I also hope if this goes to trial the jury isn't made up of idiots who think a woman wouldn't do something like this, and let her off, regardless of what the evidence shows.

This Tracphone was purchased all the way back in February. Until I see something different, I believe this was planned equally and by both of them for quite some time. I don't believe for one second they decided that night to 'get a girl'. They decided at least a month ago to get Melissa, MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back