GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd like to know the timeline of when they were expected to arrive on their job of distributing papers and then showed up an hour late. Doesn't this type of job begin in the very, very early hours of morning....like 3 or 4 AM? So just speculating, but if they took her at 8:30 PM...what were they doing from then to the early morning hours? Over 5-6 hours. ?? IMO, they didn't just strangle her there, go home, wrap her up and drive to dispose of her and then the clothes and tarp. I think they did more to her....not only for the time allowed, but just from the frame of mind we have seen so far....twisted. JMO

On Sunday night, Patricia Prue used a prepaid phone she purchased earlier that day to call Jenkins, 33, and ask for help, claiming her car had broken down, the court papers say.

Detectives said they traced the call for help Jenkins received to a prepaid cell phone that was purchased by someone with Patricia Prue's date of birth, and surveillance video showed Patricia and Allen Prue purchasing the cell phone at a Walmart in Littleton, N.H.

Melissa even took the business card with her in the vehicle. It almost sounds like this, coupled with the prior phone conversation with the friend that she feared something was out of the ordinary and could happen.

A business card that said "Good News Prue Snow Plowing and Towing Service Call For Free Estimate" was found in Jenkins' vehicle, documents stated.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/melissa-jenkins-son-mommy-cried-pulled-neck/story?id=16019048

Melissa even took the business card with her in the vehicle. It almost sounds like this, coupled with the prior phone conversation with the friend that she feared something was out of the ordinary and could happen.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/melissa-jenkins-son-mommy-cried-pulled-neck/story?id=16019048

Quote:
A business card that said "Good News Prue Snow Plowing and Towing Service Call For Free Estimate" was found in Jenkins' vehicle, documents stated.
Please don't tell me this couple went to church every Sunday. Ugh...

wow where has this guy lived, this can not be his first. Maybe her first.

bbm

My thoughts exactly. The other case that someone mentioned earlier is from 2004. Patricia did not enter the picture until 2008. I do hope they question this PO...

Are momma & sister kidding me with this JUNK below? Messed up & MAJOR Denial!! :banghead:

The mother and sister both appealed to Vermont law enforcement to continue investigating so that the proper people are charged with murdering Jenkins.

“I wish I could do something to prove that they really didn’t do it,’’ Tinder said. “And I hope that the cops aren’t willing to give up and try to find more evidence that they really didn’t do it instead of wrongly accusing somebody.’’

Donna Prue added, “I think there are a lot of holes in this case and I think they really need to keep looking. … They are good people. … And I want them to have a fair deal in this. … They are being set up by somebody, I don’t know who.’’

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/0...sbury-crime/iEPMK3kF0f9OVkO8sFPL7N/story.html

I have to wonder if this was the mother's stock response every time her son was in trouble for something when he was growing up. If so, he may have reached adulthood with the attitude that he could get out of any scrapes he got himself into. Did this man still live with his mommy when the crime was committed? Is this the same house they took her to and wrapped her up in the tarp in??

I could be wrong (and probably am), but I thought that premeditation could happen in as little as a couple of seconds. In other words, you don't have to have planned something for hours or days in order for their to be a finding of premeditation...it can be as short an amount of time as seconds or minutes. Something like, it's about knowing that your actions will cause another's death, and doing it anyway. So you can form premeditation/intent pretty much at the time of those actions (vs. killing someone when you didn't intend to). I don't know...maybe different states have different interpretations of that? In any case, they can always change/raise the charges later, right? They might have been going with whatever charges they could definitely use right now just to get these people in custody, and may change or raise the stakes later?

I found the Mom's name and did another search on hollyblue's site so I've added that house to the map, assuming she lived with her Mom but I've seen references she may have lived alone.

http://g.co/maps/jaht4

I saw this today on the computer. Now Vermont has this and the Brooke Bennett cases to ponder.

Wow! She identified her own murderer!

If there's anything to be learned here, never leave without telling someone where you're going and why. To this day, I still leave notes even if I'm going to to store (and what store) where they have cameras.

Bless you Melissa - you were a kind hearted person who sounds like you'd do anything for anybody.

MOO

Mel

NH does have the DP, but hasn't executed anyone since 1939. They have a copkiller on death row right now, sentenced in 2008. The also don't have a death chamber.

And let's not forget but I think New Hampshire is the only state that still has hanging on the roster.

Live Free or Die

That is on their vehicle license plates.

From the affidavit...:(

LT Sinclair showed me photographs of
condoms/wrappers found near where the victim was discovered. LT Sinclair further​
advised that the victim didn’t have any clothing on.

So, if they have security camera footage of Patricia buying the prepaid cellphone, that means a lot of premeditation. I think they had every intent of calling her, subduing her, assaulting, and murdering.

They had no idea that she would tell someone exactly where she was going. But they had the foresight to use a prepaid phone so LE couldn't trace it to them.

Didn't Allen or Patricia confess that they were out Sunday NIGHT and then he decided "to get a girl." Sounds to me like this event was in the works for a long time, with lots of details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back