GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maura Murray disappeared from her car only miles from here. Sounds like they need to be questioned about her.

I think they need to be questioned about any "girls" who've gone missing in that area the last few years. Who knows how many times these two <unusual> people have gone out to "get a girl". The tarp, the bleach, the burning of the tarp and clothes all lead me to believe this is not their first rodeo.

According to this article, Prue has given a detailed confession to police.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...sbury-crime/GC7LK6v2zIo4j7XRrQi8NO/index.html

From the article linked above (BBM):

"Prue had once plowed Jenkins&#8217;s driveway. Jenkins&#8217;s friends told investigators that she had mentioned that the man who plowed her driveway had asked her out. She also said that the man had shown up at her home drunk in the fall, Detective Sergeant Walter F. Smith said in the affidavit."

Jenkins had called a friend Sunday evening, saying she &#8220;got a weird call from a girl and guy who used to plow her driveway.
They said their car broke down near her house,&#8221; the detective&#8217;s affidavit said.
Jenkins gave the friend the name and phone number of the Prues from a business card she had kept for snowplowing.

Other friends, after not hearing from Jenkins for about two hours, became nervous and drove toward her house and discovered her car, with her son asleep inside.
The friends found her shoe and a male&#8217;s hat with &#8220;Polaris Racing&#8221; on it.

Police responding to the scene said the toddler, T, told them that his mother had cried.
The toddler pulled on the back of his neck to indicate someone &#8220;had done that to his &#8216;mommy.&#8217;&#8221;
He said his &#8220;mommy&#8221; left in a car,
the affidavit said.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...sbury-crime/GC7LK6v2zIo4j7XRrQi8NO/index.html

So she called one friend and it was different friends who went looking for her.
Very smart to let someone know where she was going.
And that is one observant and smart little boy. :tears:

Anyone else thinking she may have been sexually assaulted at some point, it just hasn't been released yet? Why did they get rid of her clothes and "strip her naked" on the tarp, and then pour bleach on her if they were going to put her in the water? I'm thinking both were done to cover up DNA?

Maybe?

Anyone else thinking she may have been sexually assaulted at some point, it just hasn't been released yet? Why did they get rid of her clothes and "strip her naked" on the tarp, and then pour bleach on her if they were going to put her in the water? I'm thinking both were done to cover up DNA?

Maybe?

Sadly, I tend to agree. :(

"&#8220;Allen Prue advised that when Melissa Jenkins got out of her vehicle he grabbed her and strangled her,&#8221; Smith said, summarizing an interview Prue had with other detectives. &#8220;Allen Prue advised that he didn&#8217;t know what she was doing but [k]new that his wife Patricia was outside of the vehicle helping him.&#8221;

Patricia Prue denied any knowledge of Jenkins&#8217;s death in her interviews with State Police, Smith said in the affidavit summarizing the case."

So much for your denial, Patricia. Your partner in crime threw you under the bus:

" Prue also said that, at one point, his wife had choked Jenkins some more to &#8220;ensure she wasn&#8217;t breathing.&#8221;

According to this article, Prue has given a detailed confession to police.

I've been trying to hold back tears but this part did me in...

Police responding to the scene said the toddler, T, told them that his mother had cried. The toddler pulled on the back of his neck to indicate someone &#8220;had done that to his &#8216;mommy.&#8217;&#8221; He said his &#8220;mommy&#8221; left in a car, the affidavit said.

My eyes are filling up with tears thinking about what the adorable little boy may have seen. :(

This is sickening.

Maybe?

Yes, they tried to cover up evidence with the bleach and the burning of the clothes and tarp. I do not believe this was not planned. Nor do I believe this is the first time.

I'm waiting for the defense attorneys to step forward and tell everyone what fine, upstanding citizens their clients are and how this is all a big misunderstanding. We've already had the family weigh in on how wonderful the suspects are.

Can't the families just shut up, and let the facts come out? It is so disrespecful to the victim to be boasting about the suspects just now...

I'm waiting for the defense attorneys to step forward and tell everyone what fine, upstanding citizens their clients are and how this is all a big misunderstanding. We've already had the family weigh in on how wonderful the suspects are.

and how "someone is setting them up" (that was I believe his mom).

:maddening:

Maura Murray disappeared in 2004. Do we know how long Allen Prue has been in the area? I read that Patricia was from upstate NY and they met on an online dating site in 2008. It sounds like she moved to Vermont to be in his home area, but has that been confirmed?

I also wonder about Patricia O'Hagan, while much older, she was also strangled. She could have been a customer of his snow plowing business.

The police should look into these cases, imo.

fwiw..originally reports mentioned the friend as a "she". I guess we now know it was an ex boyfriend. So was he the one who went to look for her? I'm confused. Or were there 2 friends?

According to the following Boston.com article there were at least two friends of Melissa involved in the search and identification of the suspects.

"Jenkins had called a friend Sunday evening, saying she &#8220;got a weird call from a girl and guy who used to plow her driveway. They said their car broke down near her house,&#8221; the detective&#8217;s affidavit said. Jenkins gave the friend the name and phone number of the Prues from a business card she had kept for snowplowing.

Other friends, after not hearing from Jenkins for about two hours, became nervous and drove toward her house and discovered her car, with her son asleep inside. The friends found her shoe and a male&#8217;s hat with &#8220;Polaris Racing&#8221; on it."

There is also this sad, sad comment: Police responding to the scene said the toddler, Ty, told them that his mother had cried. The toddler pulled on the back of his neck to indicate someone &#8220;had done that to his &#8216;mommy.&#8217;&#8221; He said his &#8220;mommy&#8221; left in a car, the affidavit said. That poor baby boy. :tears:

Can't the families just shut up, and let the facts come out? It is so disrespecful to the victim to be boasting about the suspects just now...

I imagine they are pretty embarrassed about their earlier denials and defense of the perps now that's it's come out there was a confession.

If he confessed, I'm hoping he will plead guilty. As for his wife, I suppose she can go for insanity or whatever defense the attorney will come up with. Hoping she'll realize she's going to hell along with her husband!

and how "someone is setting them up" (that was I believe his mom).

:maddening:

Yeah, they set him up alright. Went so far as to make him confess the crime in detail to the police. That's quite a frame job!

According to the following Boston.com article there were more than one friend of Melissa involved in the search and identification of the suspects.

"Jenkins had called a friend Sunday evening, saying she “got a weird call from a girl and guy who used to plow her driveway. They said their car broke down near her house,” the detective’s affidavit said. Jenkins gave the friend the name and phone number of the Prues from a business card she had kept for snowplowing.

Other friends, after not hearing from Jenkins for about two hours, became nervous and drove toward her house and discovered her car, with her son asleep inside. The friends found her shoe and a male’s hat with “Polaris Racing” on it."

There is also this sad, sad comment: Police responding to the scene said the toddler, Ty, told them that his mother had cried. The toddler pulled on the back of his neck to indicate someone “had done that to his ‘mommy.’” He said his “mommy” left in a car, the affidavit said. That poor baby boy. :tears:

Yes saw that after my post. Thanks!

Very sad. My heart breaks for Ty and her family , friends, students and everyone who knew and loved her. Such a senseless crime. She was going to help someone in need and this is what happened. Unbelievable. :tears:

If he confessed, I'm hoping he will plead guilty. As for his wife, I suppose she can go for insanity or whatever defense the attorney will come up with. Hoping she'll realize she's going to hell along with her husband!

They pleaded not guilty today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back