GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article gives some good information: http://www.wcax.com/story/17273642/waterford-couple-pleads-not-guilty-in-melissa-jenkins-murder

"Police say Allen Prue, 30, and Patricia Prue, 33, both participated in killing Melissa Jenkins" BBM

"According to a police affidavit, during questioning:
-Allen Prue confessed to elements of the crime.
-Prue told police he and his wife were driving around Sunday and came up with an idea to "get a girl."
-He told police his wife called Jenkins and told her they were having car trouble and asked if she could come help.
-Prue told police he strangled Jenkins there on the side of the road, and then the couple took her body back to their house, wrapped it in a tarp, tied a cinderblock to it, and took the body to Barnet and dumped it in the Connecticut River."

"Police say the Prues became early suspects in the case because Jenkins had called a friend before she left and told him that she was going to assist her former plow truck driver who was having car trouble."

Smart girl calling a friend before she left. Just wish she hadn't gone. Sounds like she was a kind-hearted person.

Wow! She identified her own murderer!

Wow. Just wow. We were right on that someone she knew lured her out by saying they had broken down near her house.

What do you want to bet that the accomplice wife claims she went along with her husband's deranged plan because she's afraid of him and he would have killed her if she hadn't?

These two are a couple of really vile pieces of crap. Utterly disgusting.

Oh Melissa ... With your good heart... I just wish you wouldn't have gone.........

But I am proud of you that you informed a friend... It seems you ended up in a now win situation ....

I know you are going to be a wonderful guardian angel for your little Baby Tie.....

Prayers

Micci

Ps: I am still wondering why she even considered to go to help after the plowing was a couple of years ago.... In my opinion there must be more to it.... Deep sad sigh.....

"Allen Prue allegedly strangled Jenkins, and the two then put the body in the backseat of their car and drove to their home. At some point Patricia Prue strangled Jenkins as well, the documents said.

Back at their home, they allegedly put Jenkins' body on a tarp, removed all her clothes and poured bleach on her body. The Prues also allegedly removed their clothes and put them on the tarp."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...chers-killing-reportedly-wanted-to-get-a-girl

This was cold-blooded, premeditated murder.

my thoughts and prayers are with this friend... her quick actions helped to solve this case imhoo...

and thanks to all thing holy that they didn't harm little T.....

Just to keep facts straight, it was a male friend that called the police according to this article:

"Jenkins' former boyfriend told police she'd told him she had gotten a call from a person who used to plow her driveway and she was going to help them, the documents say.

The ex-boyfriend told police Allen Prue had once asked Jenkins out on a date, and she felt uncomfortable around him."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...d-in-Vt-woman-death-3440831.php#ixzz1qRHjnDJM

Oh Melissa ... With your good heart... I just wish you wouldn't have gone.........

But I am proud of you that you informed a friend... It seems you ended up in a now win situation ....

I know you are going to be a wonderful guardian angel for your little Baby Tie.....

Prayers

Micci

Ps: I am still wondering why she even considered to go to help after the plowing was a couple of years ago.... In my opinion there must be more to it.... Deep sad sigh.....

I don't think there was. I live in a small town about the same size. When you live in a town all of your life, you get to know people, their faces, what they do, etc. She worked in a locally owned and loved restaurant. People knew him, probably called him "odd," but harmless (as evidenced by no past criminal record that we know of). She probably didn't think twice about helping them, especially knowing that it was his wife who called.

Who among us would distrust a WIFE and a husband stranded with a broken down car in the evening? I certainly wouldn't. I would try to be a good example to my kids and show them what it means to live in a community where people help each other.

I truly think it was just like the detective said, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people.

she was an athlete and most likely strong.. of course they both attacked her!

"getting a girl"... well.. I am sure their intent was not to ask her out for an ice cream cone.

This is just so disturbing.

And he stated BUT they didn't intend to use force? And he had ask her out previously and had been rejected? Did he think the appeal of the his wife would work? Don't believe a word of it. Geez. Where did these two come from? Where did these thoughts go to rationalize in their brains?

Geeze louise. What a pathetic freaking reason to die. I mean really. Hang em and hang em high.

..and to leave an innocent child without his mother - THAT is what really chaps my patootie!:banghead:

Momma and Sis think the whole thing is a set-up:

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/0...sbury-crime/iEPMK3kF0f9OVkO8sFPL7N/story.html

Allen Prue’s mother, Donna Prue, and sister, Sharon Tinder, were on hand for the arraignment and insisted afterward that the couple is being wrongly accused of a monstrous crime.

“I want people out there to realize he is not the monster they are making him out to be,’’ said Donna Prue, who lives with the couple in Waterford.

“Neither one of them are,’’ added Tinder.

Tinder said the couple did plow for Jenkins, but they had not had any contact with Jenkins for the past several years. Mother and sister said Allen Prue did not even know Melissa Jenkins’s full name because she paid them in cash when the couple handled snowplowing duties.

BBM - Smart why don't you just admit to tax fraud while you are at it! DUH!

..and to leave an innocent child without his mother - THAT is what really chaps my patootie!:banghead:

I second that... She appeared to be a dedicated and devoted mother who was working two/three jobs to support herself and her child. (I am not sure that the coaching was a paid position).

Thanking your post just didn't seem appropriate.

Wasn't there at least one unsolved murder of a female in that area? Are there others? Makes a person wonder.

Maura Murray disappeared from her car only miles from here. Sounds like they need to be questioned about her.

Has anyone heard or seen mentioned if the Prue's had any children?

Wow this is a really shocking murder. Surely charges have to be upped in light of all the sadistic and pre-meditated details.

Maura Murray disappeared from her car only miles from here. Sounds like they need to be questioned about her.

Maura Murray disappeared in 2004. Do we know how long Allen Prue has been in the area? I read that Patricia was from upstate NY and they met on an online dating site in 2008. It sounds like she moved to Vermont to be in his home area, but has that been confirmed?

I also wonder about Patricia O'Hagan, while much older, she was also strangled. She could have been a customer of his snow plowing business.

Just to keep facts straight, it was a male friend that called the police according to this article:

"Jenkins' former boyfriend told police she'd told him she had gotten a call from a person who used to plow her driveway and she was going to help them, the documents say.

The ex-boyfriend told police Allen Prue had once asked Jenkins out on a date, and she felt uncomfortable around him."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...d-in-Vt-woman-death-3440831.php#ixzz1qRHjnDJM

fwiw..originally reports mentioned the friend as a "she". I guess we now know it was an ex boyfriend. So was he the one who went to look for her? I'm confused. Or were there 2 friends?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back