GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I don't understand is how anyone can confess and then plead not guilty? :waitasec:

I'll be the one to tell you that it isn't true - Donna Prue lives with HER daughter, Sharon, who is Allen Prue's sister. Also living there is Allen, and Allen's wife, Patricia.

Oh thank GOD! The last thing we need is ANOTHER child victim of these two (unusual people).

If there's anything to be learned here, never leave without telling someone where you're going and why. To this day, I still leave notes even if I'm going to to store (and what store) where they have cameras.

Bless you Melissa - you were a kind hearted person who sounds like you'd do anything for anybody.

MOO

Mel

I have followed this tragic story from the beginning and I would like to take the above statement a bit further. This is directed mainly towards the fairer sex, as they are statistically more likely to be victims. NEVER go against your gut instinct. Melissa obviously questioned the wisdom of this whole setup. She let someone know where she was going and what she was doing, but what good did that do her? If you ABSOLUTELY have to do something against your better judgement, then have some form of protection for you and your loved ones, and be prepared to use it. I dont care what your politics are everyone should have the means to protect themselves and their family. Everyone needs to google "States of Awareness, the Cooper Color Codes"
and live by it.

How dearly this mistake, by this otherwise seemingly intelligent woman, is going to end up costing.

I am sorry if this isnt the proper venue for this, but almost every story or case I read about on here involving adults , could have had a different outcome if people would have had more situational awareness , and had taken responsibility for their own safety. No one else has the vested interest that you have. These stories break my heart.

Off Rant

I am not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV (and I am not a chemist either... Lol...). Anyhow, the affidavit of the charges consisted of the witness statements and the confession statements. So, anything that comes out in a an investigation has NOT been disclosed to anyone yet, and most likely, won't be until this goes to trial. No need for the prosecution to tip its hand about evidence until the time that it has to disclose to the defense. So, since no beating was confessed to, it isn't in the affidavit. No sexual assault was confessed to, so it isn't in the affidavit. But evidence that these occurred is clearly evident - the condom, the bleach, and the details of brushing patterns on Melissa.
All in due time, all in due time. These killers aren't going anywhere, there is plenty of time to build an airtight case for life w/o parole.

I am not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV (and I am not a chemist either... Lol...). Anyhow, the affidavit of the charges consisted of the witness statements and the confession statements. So, anything that comes out in a an investigation has NOT been disclosed to anyone yet, and most likely, won't be until this goes to trial. No need for the prosecution to tip its hand about evidence until the time that it has to disclose to the defense. So, since no beating was confessed to, it isn't in the affidavit. No sexual assault was confessed to, so it isn't in the affidavit. But evidence that these occurred is clearly evident - the condom, the bleach, and the details of brushing patterns on Melissa.
All in due time, all in due time. These killers aren't going anywhere, there is plenty of time to build an airtight case for life w/o parole.

(above bbm)
What are brushing patterns?

Thanks!
OG

What I don't understand is how anyone can confess and then plead not guilty? :waitasec:

Brunn did it (initially) in the Jorelys Rivera case as did Melissa Huckaby in the Sandra Cantu case...

they changed their pleas after they their lawyers reviewed all the evidence against them

I must have missed this detail...how was her body discovered? Wasn't she found before the confession?

(above bbm)
What are brushing patterns?

Thanks!
OG

Typo. Oops - iPad autocorrect strikes again should be bruising not brushing!

Bruising pattern of a checkerboard and other bruises mentioned indicated a beating or perhaps a stomping?

Graphic (from the affidavit):

. LT Sinclair explained that Melissa had severe bruising of her face, neck, upper and lower torso’s and extremities indicating that she received a severe beating prior to her death. LT Sinclair advised that some of the bruises had unique patterns and went on to describe the patterns as being a checker board pattern and that the squares were approximately 1/8 inch square. LT Sinclair described another pattern seen on Melissa’s neck as being a 1/2 inch diameter circular pattern. LT Sinclair also said that it appeared that Melissa had bruises that were rounded and like that of the toe of a shoe. LT Sinclair advised that he had photographs of the bruise patterns seen on Melissa’s body.

On the one hand, I'm thrilled the little boy could remember what he did because he probably solved his mother's murder. If her body had gone unfound, this sick couple might have gotten away with the next murder, next time they had a hankerin'. Unless they just got married, it appears Prue tried to cheat on his wife with Melissa, so she had every motivation herself to try to get rid of her.

I too hope the little boy can forget the details now. After all, this couple really tried to kill him too. Leaving a small child alone in an open car in the winter in Vermont just shows how doubly depraved they were.

Expect a boo-hoo defense from the wife, "I was an abused woman afraid of my husband and just going along with it!" This reminds me of the Canadian couple where the woman actually bashed the girl to death after the husband finished raping her. The woman lured the little girl off the street. It sounds like sex offenders are "learning" from Garrido and other cases that first, you pick up a sick woman and marry her, and then she helps you procure other victims. Now we have all new things to warn our kids and female friends about.

At Wednesday’s arraignment in Vermont Superior Court in St. Johnsbury, the Prues denied the murder charges and an additional count of unauthorized removal of a body. If convicted, they face 20 years to life in prison. Afterward, (Caledonia County State’s Attorney Lisa) Warren said Jenkins died as a result of an “effort by the both of them in strangling her.”

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...call-help-then-sudden-attack?odyssey=nav|head

I just read that state troopers located her body. Not sure how or whether it was based on a tip or what...

I was thinking the same thing -- that something Prue was wearing made the child think of Michael Jordan....it's amazing how many brands young children recognize (McDonalds, Burger King, SpongeBob, etc.). Perhaps this child was just into Michael Jordan.

Wasn't a hat found that had a nike symbol on it by the bumper of the car? Maybe he saw that.

This is just a horrific crime and as so many have said, let it be an even bigger lesson to all of us. Poor sweet Melissa knew something was up, knew it, sensed it, but for some reason, SHE WENT. Follow your gut people and who gives a rats crap about who we peeve off. I'm so so sad this happened to her.

I was thinking the same thing -- that something Prue was wearing made the child think of Michael Jordan....it's amazing how many brands young children recognize (McDonalds, Burger King, SpongeBob, etc.). Perhaps this child was just into Michael Jordan.

Little kids recognize symbols, etc. When my son was just under 3 we were on vacation, and were staying at a "Choice" hotel .. The symbol was a circle cut into horizontal segments. At the time AT&T had a similar symbol. My son pointed at the Choice hotel symbol and said.. "AT&T the Right Choice" .. laugh...

He also would see Pizza Hut buildings.. (even if they weren't Pizza Hut's any longer.. but had the distinctive red roof and roof line..) and get VERY excited .. "Pizza Hut - Pizza Hut ... want pizza" ..

Allen's sister just posted on her own FB page that she is sorry for what her brother and sister-in-law did to Melissa. She also says that she is sorry for little T. She said that her biggest question is WHY?

It takes a very big person to realize when to say when. I am impressed that she is not going to keep denying her brother's actions!!

It would be so hard to imagine your family member could do such a thing. And the details in the affadavit about AP confessing were not public at the time she made her comments, so let's cut her some slack. ST had posted about MJ before the arrests too, and she wouldn't have done that if she thought her brother was responsible. She plays games on FB like a lot of people do so I can see her turning to that as a mindnumbing way to escape reality yesterday.

I also wonder if the press reports that DP lived with AP, PP, and her daughter may not refer to ST, but a different daughter. I think it is even more likely if ST is who they are referring to that DP splits her time between ST's and AP's. ST has 2 little girls and the video clips in the MSM of the trailer don't seem like children were living there. Those reports mention investigators feeding the couple's dogs so I think they would have mentioned any people living there being displaced.

I get that, but did someone other than LE discover her? Did LE canvas the area? Wasn't the location 10 miles away from where her car was located? Seems she was discovered pretty quickly. How did they know where to look? :waitasec:

I agree with you pipinnh that it is interesting how quickly they discovered her. I recall one article that said something like they were checking out all the remote pull offs but I still wonder how they found her so quickly. (I am wondering if they had another vehicle sighting of their saturn in that area that was not in the affidavit? As they pretty much knew from the first hour who Melissa had been meeting with)...

I agree with you pipinnh that it is interesting how quickly they discovered her. I recall one article that said something like they were checking out all the remote pull offs but I still wonder how they found her so quickly. (I am wondering if they had another vehicle sighting of their saturn in that area that was not in the affidavit? As they pretty much knew from the first hour who Melissa had been meeting with)...

Allen Prue's cell phone pings? The numbers are redacted in the affidavit but it states...

b. On 3/25/2012 at 2013 hours phone number (807__ (Tracfone) placed
a phone call to phone number (802j— — (Allen Prue’s Phone).

This was 21 minutes before the call from the Tracfone to Melissa's house so I'm assuming Allen Prue must have had his cell phone with him at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back