Found Deceased VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO: A terrible pity he didn’t cross state or international lines. He was close to it. Vermont will be benevolent. Federal and International would’ve been less so.
With all due respect, life without parole is not benevolent. He will pay his dues here. We don't let murderers go free in Vermont. Granted, we don't have a death penalty. But neither does Canada, so crossing international lines is probably irrelevant in this case. I know we all have different opinions on the death penalty, but life without parole is not a walk in the park. I do wish he was already in prison for his pending cases so this would never have happened though.

With all due respect, life without parole is not benevolent. He will pay his dues here. We don't let murderers go free in Vermont. Granted, we don't have a death penalty. But neither does Canada, so crossing international lines is probably irrelevant in this case. I know we all have different opinions on the death penalty, but life without parole is not a walk in the park. I do wish he was already in prison for his pending cases so this would never have happened though.
And I do not think he will treated well in prison. Prisoners have mothers and granmpthers too

This article has way more information that I had not seen before.
I cant believe his public defender made this remark

'

“Additionally, while there is a probable cause for a sexual act based on the DNA, within the four corners of the affidavit there’s no evidence of non-consensual sex,” Chase told the judge.

'

“Additionally, while there is a probable cause for a sexual act based on the DNA, within the four corners of the affidavit there’s no evidence of non-consensual sex,” Chase told the judge.

Lots more indeed. I understand the legal argument, but it’s vile to go there when you know it’s baseless. Especially when the family is in the courtroom.

She didn’t willingly have sex with a guy who broke into her house through an AC opening!

Did she burn and hide her own body too?

'

Absurd, offensive, and ultimately, unbelievable defense tactic.

The consolation is the jury will find it absurd, offensive, and unbelievable too.

jmo

Might have to wait a littler longer for the charging documents to become public.

Franklin County State’s Attorney Bram Kranichfeld, the prosecutor, said he believed enough evidence was contained within the filing to support the aggravated murder charge and said he expected to “soon” file an additional affidavit providing information from the medical examiner’s office regarding Martin’s cause of death.

He agreed to remove from the charging documents, at least until the supplemental affidavit was filed, the reference that Martin had been killed by “smothering and blunt trauma.”

Absurd, offensive, and ultimately, unbelievable defense tactic.

The consolation is the jury will find it absurd, offensive, and unbelievable too.

jmo
Bbm.
If I were sitting on that jury, I'd certainly agree !

Rest in eternal peace, Roberta !
So sad that she lived that long, only to meet a hideous fate.
Omo.

Here's a suggestion, Chase: I know you're a defense attorney and zealous defense and all that, but how about just not saying anything to the media of this nature?

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back