W.S. Exclusive. Cindy A. Tells Websleuths Owner Her Lawyer Is Taking On Websites!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, that isn't true. Only in cases where you are profiting off said photos would it be a violation of copyright. For example, if I was a magazine editor and I took photos and reprinted them in my magazine in order to sell them, or if I took someone else's photos to use in a catalogue.

The TOS on those websites just language intended to protect the websites themselves if someone uses photos improperly.

I still disagree. I have been in the position to have my pictures taken. It is illegal. Now, if the people that took those photos are letting people have them - there is nothing anyone but those who took the pics can do about it.

Stolen photos? Stolen from where? If you post photos on the internet, you have knowingly posted them to the general public... JMO
There could be complications to both sides. Regardless of the TOS being stated; posters have been sharing stolen pictures on the forum. I would not want to see WS have to address this legally or argue their rights. However, it might be less stress if the Caylee forum went quiet for awhile. The legalities of slander are also a topic of issue. The mods have tried to keep everything mature and mild mannered. But, quite a few posters continue on with their sophmoric accusations and insinuations -as well as breaking the TOS. It is hard to define what is slander versus opinion. egh. I am not sure I want to even be participating here without Tricia around. And I hope more work is not created for the mods because of those who do not follow TOS.

Oh Cindy pleaaaase go somewhere with this nonsense, trying to censure the internet. Your fancy lawyer is probably going to charge you $500 bucks an hour so his interns can scour the internet all day. Sucker!! You almost make me want to start my own website and invite people to post what they think about you and Caysee in the most colorful language they can think of. Luckily I have better things to do with my time.

Anyways, I still say your daughter is a garden tool. Guess which one I mean.

I am a photographer, not a weekend warrior. Unless there is a copyright infringement, there is no issue. Caylee's image has not been copyrighted, yet.

Now, about the Myspace/Facebook stuff and posting it here, that is another issue.

No need to worry, I have no interest in posting such things. Just surprised CA would be focusing on something so trivial, that's all.

Trivial, I agree. Everyone has already seen the photos. I was just posting what I know from experience. WS can not be held responsible for anything we do here. They can be asked to remove things and then stronger actions could follow. I have also experienced this, being involved with a popular website and forums. Our GD threads had to be pulled because it was not worth the hassle of legalities.

IMO, the A's should focus on their search and the protestors outside their home. And if something truly offends them, email the mods -like I do. :D

Oh Cindy pleaaaase go somewhere with this nonsense, trying to censure the internet. Your fancy lawyer is probably going to charge you $500 bucks an hour so his interns can scour the internet all day. Sucker!! You almost make me want to start my own website and invite people to post what they think about you and Caysee in the most colorful language they can think of. Luckily I have better things to do with my time.

LMAO! TOO FUNNY! Thanks, Jacquie. :clap:

LOOOVE IT hahahahahahahaha!

Thank you for the giggles. Every time I read this I laugh more each time.

I Love this post!:blowkiss:

Hmmmm.....

Well I'm sure you guys have scoured some of the blogs that are out there. I know there's freedom of speech and all that. Honestly I haven't seen anything gastly here as I've seen on two blogs that aren't really a controlled forum. I'm talking threats of wanting to do harm to the family. Organizing protests, not in a civilized fashion, but evil"y" (is that a word lol). I've also seen proposals on nasty things to do to do the family, like sending evil cards, or what about that pizza that was sent?

I know that there is freedom of speech...but some people are going a little far. We don't really know what's going on or what other blogs they have found.

The reason I choose to post at Webslueths is that it seems to be a community charged in finding answers to "where is Caylee, what happened to her?" and not a community that is charged in harming people in some mob like fashion. We examine all aspects, and sometimes we get frustrated. I think that's okay, but I think that Cindy is probably referring to more of the "scary psycho posts" that are found on that net. I would be worried to for my family if people posted stuff like that. Let law enforcement do there job in due process.

In my humble opinion :)

Hmmmm.....

Well I'm sure you guys have scoured some of the blogs that are out there. I know there's freedom of speech and all that. Honestly I haven't seen anything gastly here as I've seen on two blogs that aren't really a controlled forum. I'm talking threats of wanting to do harm to the family. Organizing protests, not in a civilized fashion, but evil"y" (is that a word lol). I've also seen proposals on nasty things to do to do the family, like sending evil cards, or what about that pizza that was sent?

I know that there is freedom of speech...but some people are going a little far. We don't really know what's going on or what other blogs they have found.

The reason I choose to post at Webslueths is that it seems to be a community charged in finding answers to "where is Caylee, what happened to her?" and not a community that is charged in harming people in some mob like fashion. We examine all aspects, and sometimes we get frustrated. I think that's okay, but I think that Cindy is probably referring to more of the "scary psycho posts" that are found on that net. I would be worried to for my family if people posted stuff like that. Let law enforcement do there job in due process.

In my humble opinion :)

I agree...there is a sense of decorum and prudence on WS and that is very refreshing. While it would probably be easy to get pretty nasty about this case pretty quick, everyone seems to keep everyone in check. That says so much.

I still disagree. I have been in the position to have my pictures taken. It is illegal. Now, if the people that took those photos are letting people have them - there is nothing anyone but those who took the pics can do about it.

Using photos as we do on WS falls under the Fair Use act.

"the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

We use those photos for the purpose of criticism, comment, research, and news reporting. There is no infringement of copyright by utilizing photos in the manner we do.

yes yes yes

GOOD IDEA

she cant rip em up... i mean she could but that would be silly

i have a post office real close by... i will do mine tomorrow WITH

NO RETURN ADDRESS

Count me in robotdog! Remember I liked ya before it was popular to like the robotdog - you and your hippo too! Go on with your bad self! LOL

My contribution will go out tomorrow also! We cannot have Tricia without a computer just as she will not let anything happen to Websleuths and us!

Thanks to Tricia, we can all come together from all over the United States and Canada too. Even some people from Paris and Australia thrown in as well. Whether we agree or disagree, we are here because of and for CAYLEE! And I appreciate that!

Dear Tricia -

So much has already been said, but I wanted to join in and tell you how grateful I feel to have discovered this website, for the wisdom, the heart, the love, the fun, and the friends to be found here. Thanks for having me. :bowdown:

And in honor of your post, I offer you an Irish Toast:

May those who love us love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.

:toast:

:blowkiss: :gomods:

Emma Peel​

Tricia, I'm late to this thread. I see you've already noticed the comparison between Cindy Anthony's threats and Lin Wood.

To Cindy Anthony (whom we all know reads here), I say BRING IT ON! You won't stop us from labeling your daughter what she is- a murderer, and that's my opinion!!!!!

Using photos as we do on WS falls under the Fair Use act.

"the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

We use those photos for the purpose of criticism, comment, research, and news reporting. There is no infringement of copyright by utilizing photos in the manner we do.

understood. but, you are not considering "moral rights". moral rights is also part of law.

Count me in robotdog! Remember I liked ya before it was popular to like the robotdog - you and your hippo too! Go on with your bad self! LOL

My contribution will go out tomorrow also! We cannot have Tricia without a computer just as she will not let anything happen to Websleuths and us!

Thanks to Tricia, we can all come together from all over the United States and Canada too. Even some people from Paris and Australia thrown in as well. Whether we agree or disagree, we are here because of and for CAYLEE! And I appreciate that!

that's me :) Can't access my account until next pay day end of the month but am very keen to help for sure :blowkiss:

I want to thank everyone who was so willing to donate money for Tricia a new computer but WS does not allow donations unless it is for TES and legit donation sites. I think it's just wonderful that you all are so caring and loving and wanting to help we have to understand if we allowed it for one then we would have to allow it for everyone. WS doesn't allow solicitations for funds for anyone other than preapproved charities . Again thank you all so much.

understood. but, you are not considering "moral rights". moral rights is also part of law.

You are correct, but that only applies to exhibition-type photography. What we do on WS is protected 100 percent under Fair Use statutes.

Article on moral rights:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/property/library/moralprimer.html

Article on Fair Use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

The ONLY conceivable way that WS or a poster could be defeated in court in a copyright infringement case would be a scenario like this:

The following is fiction!!

I was a friend of Casey's and last year we went to the beach. When we were there I got a picture of her slapping Caylee and screaming in her face. I only recently uploaded the pictures to my Photobucket because I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. I wanted to sell them to Nancy Grace but a couple of people downloaded my pics and have distributed them to a couple sites, and now HUNDREDS of people have copied the pictures on those websites and now those pictures are all over the net. I cannot get a dime for them because they are everywhere.

OK. In a case like that it *might* be argued (and has successfully been in the past) that using the pictures according to Fair Use has caused someone to lose money on a "hot commodity". However, the plaintiff is going to have a heck of a time A. Determining who first started distributing the photos and prove it, and B. Determining how much the photo commodity was worth and proving it.

AFAIK there haven't been any complaints from the people who are having photos used on WS, and in the case of the very famous photos there is just no way that anyone can argue that they are losing money, since they have already been seen in the media over, and over, and over they are no longer a "hot commodity" and so are completely safe to use under the precept of Fair Use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932