Found Deceased WA - Alice Williams, 53, Marysville, 19 July 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cache.php

Alice Lou Williams
Snohomish County, Washington
53 year old white female

Height (inches)56.0
Weight (pounds)180.0

Hair: Gray or Partially Gray
Eyes: Blue

Last known location of MP was at her home.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28338/

Please help find more info on Alice's case.

Charley Project page: Alice Lou Williams – The Charley Project

Doe Network page: 3657DFWA - Alice Lou Williams

A local news article from 2017 highlighting missing persons cases lists Alice and says her last known location was the Lake Loma area of Marysville.

Snohomish County sheriff seeks help on missing persons, identification of remains

This is a small local lake that is about 28 feet deep at the maximum point. Having swam in this lake frequently as a child, I can report it's very murky with muck and mud at the bottom. We were always afraid of what our feet were going to touch at the bottom since there is not a solid bottom to the lake. You just sort of sink down into the mud if you touch the bottom and there isn't a solid surface to stand on underwater. More information about the lake: Lake Loma

Completely my own opinion here, but we were told as children that a woman was killed by her husband and sunk in this lake. The county didn't have the resources to trawl the lake and the body was never found. I don't know if this story referred to Alice's case or another case but it always made us afraid to swim too deep in the waters there.

Last edited:
Her NamUs page has been removed.

I wonder if she has been matched to UP6599 who has also been removed from NamUs.

Her NamUs page has been removed.

I wonder if she has been matched to UP6599 who has also been removed from NamUs.

Wow, great find. I hope they release more information about this at some point.

"On October 10, 2009, US Forest Service surveyors discovered a partial human cranium in a steep forested ravine near Beckler Road north of Skykomish, Washington... In March 2022, Othram successfully obtained a DNA extract that was sufficient for testing after multiple rounds of extraction and human enrichment. Othram scientists used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing to develop a DNA profile that could be uploaded to genealogical databases... On June 10, 2022, SCME Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Matt Lacy officially identified Alice Lou Williams and classified her death as a Homicide."

Excellent work once again, @othram!

"On October 10, 2009, US Forest Service surveyors discovered a partial human cranium in a steep forested ravine near Beckler Road north of Skykomish, Washington... In March 2022, Othram successfully obtained a DNA extract that was sufficient for testing after multiple rounds of extraction and human enrichment. Othram scientists used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing to develop a DNA profile that could be uploaded to genealogical databases... On June 10, 2022, SCME Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Matt Lacy officially identified Alice Lou Williams and classified her death as a Homicide."

Excellent work once again, @othram!
Thank you!

Then in June 2021, investigators with the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office sent a piece of the cranium to Othram Inc., a forensic lab in Texas with expertise in pulling DNA from “challenging skeletal remains.”

Almost a year later, after several tries, Othram extracted a DNA profile that could be uploaded into family ancestry websites — to build genealogical family trees with the hope of identifying the Beckler River Jane Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back