GUILTY WA - Austin King, 16, Morton, 22 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RIP Austin such a beautiful young man. I know his parents must be devastated. My husband's son died at age 15, you just don't get over it, especially if it was from violence. So sad.

This is terrible. I am so sad for this family and his girlfriend. I have a son this age and I was so angry when I read that Austin's disappearance didn't seem to be taken seriously by LE. Not sure how true that was but I still think that anyone young - even if they run away - is NOT fully prepared to be on their own. I don't believe that Austin "ran away" (at this point, I don't) - I am just saying that all "children" should be considered endangered if they are missing. I had all the answers as a teenager. I just hadn't been asked all the questions. Amazing, isn't it? Back on topic..............my heart goes out to Austin's family, girlfriend, and friends! Rest in peace Austin.

I woke up today intending to look up and see what was happening with Austin and am stunned and saddened to learn this news. I am so sorry for his family ,his girlfriend, his friends. I hope LE investigates thoroughly and does not assume that he died a natural death or worse, a suicide. I wonder if some other teenagers are involved...came and took him away for some reason and killed him. As we know well from being on WS, there are far too many violent teens, sometimes killing or harming people for no reason at all.

Family: Found body likely that of missing Morton teen

Searchers say a psychic helped them find what they believe is the body of a missing teenager from Morton.

There's no positive identification yet, but the family seems certain it's the body of 16-year-old Austin King.

[snip]

Lewis County Sheriff Steve Mansfield says dental records are needed to make positive identification, but there are no other missing people matching the description of the victim.

[snip]

Once they make positive identification, investigators will be looking for suspects as they believe the victim's death was not accidental.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98977534.html

BBM.

OMG, nooo!

I was coming here to bump and then start searching for some news. I am so sorry for his family.

I'm sure I'll have more to add once I read the articles.

I was just reading about this. :( It is interesting that they found him with the help of a psychic. Rest in peace Austin.

http://dailyme.com/story/2010072100004196/tip-psychic-body-found-10-miles.html

Runaway my eye. I wonder how he got to that area if he didn't have a car? I guess 10 miles is not that far to walk for a 16 year old.

I want to know more about this traumatic experience Austin had that the news articles keep referencing. I wonder if it's related in anyway.

Rest in peace, Austin.

I think it's true that teens, esp. boys don't get the media attention or LE att. either when they are missing. So sad for his parents and friends.

I just checked also and still nothing. It seems by now there would be more information. :(

Sad. If we don't have anything by now, it will likely be Monday at the earliest. Hopefully they surprise us and get it tomorrow. But I don't expect it. I can't imagine being Austin's family right now. Even though they already "know", they just don't know.

I hope the vigil went well tonight.

Sad. If we don't have anything by now, it will likely be Monday at the earliest. Hopefully they surprise us and get it tomorrow. But I don't expect it. I can't imagine being Austin's family right now. Even though they already "know", they just don't know.

I hope the vigil went well tonight.
I just checked Google and the most recent update from a credible source was on the 22nd. I agree, it must be horrible for his family right now. :(

Is there some reason Austin's thread hasn't been updated to show that he was found deceased? Are we supposed to let someone know?

I don't know if an official ID was ever made yet, pending autopsy results?

Is there some reason Austin's thread hasn't been updated to show that he was found deceased? Are we supposed to let someone know?
Nothing official has been released yet. That's what we're all waiting for. :( MOO

Washington: Police update on body found outside of Morton; family, friends believe it's Austin King

Commander Steven Aust of the Lewis County Sheriff's Office has issued a news release regarding the male body found near Morton at about 2 p.m. on July 20th. Family and friends searching for Austin King located the body and believe it belongs to Austin.

[snip]

Commander Aust told Examiner.com Wednesday that if possible they would speed the process of identifying the body through the use of dental records.

However, a press release issued Friday by Commander Aust stated it has been concluded DNA testing will have to be done to determine the identity of the body.

A high priority has been given to determine the identity but it is not expected to be completed for at least another week.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m7d24-Washington--Police-update-on-body-found-outside-of-Morton-family-friends-believe-its-Austin-King

I really hope that if someone did this to him (and I am thinking that's probably the case?) they find who did it and justice is served. I had a bad feeling from the minute I read about him being missing. I was really hoping he would be found safe. My prayers and thought are still going out to this family and Austin's girlfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back