GUILTY WA - Austin King, 16, Morton, 22 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anything new about Austin? I couldn't find anything so I thought I would check here!

Anything new about Austin? I couldn't find anything so I thought I would check here!

I'm still looking every day too. It was stated that an autopsy would take about a week.

Hopefully we will hear something this coming week. I hate his family having to wait this long.

ETA: I just checked Austin's FB and it was his birthday 7/27, he would have been 17 yo :(

Also, in reading some of the wall comments, it seems like it was foul play and there are some people on LE's radar.

Read here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109595899088970&v=wall and let me know what y'all think.

Does Austin have a little girl (name starts with an "A")? There is a comment that I read on the link above this post that made me think that. Maybe I am just really tired, not sure. LOL I just didn't remember reading that anywhere else but I may have.

Still no confirmation on an official id?

Still no confirmation on an official id?

I sure can't find one. I would imagine that if they have confirmed his ID, that there is a reason they haven't announced it. But do you have any idea why they would withhold that?

Does Austin have a little girl (name starts with an "A")? There is a comment that I read on the link above this post that made me think that. Maybe I am just really tired, not sure. LOL I just didn't remember reading that anywhere else but I may have.

I saw that comment too, and it had me scratching my head. If that's true, it makes his death that much sadder. :(

OMG! He does have a daughter!

I just read this on the FB page.

Description:
A family member of mine is missing. From the Morton area. I will post a link to the news for more pictures and information. Lets get the word out and bring Austin home, he has a lot of family and a daughter to come back to.

I sure can't find one. I would imagine that if they have confirmed his ID, that there is a reason they haven't announced it. But do you have any idea why they would withhold that?

This is the latest article I could find dated 07/24:

DNA testing will have to be done to determine the body’s identity, according to a news release. The process is expected to take at least a week.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/07/24/1314325/dna-tests-next-for-body-found.html#ixzz0vTE0OX42

It's been a little more than a week. Hopefully an official confirmation of the ID will be soon.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/07/24/1314325/dna-tests-next-for-body-found.html

Bumping for Austin.

I hope his family gets some news soon.

Two weeks now. I wonder what the delay is?

Praying Austins family gets answers soon.

The news might just not be covering the story? Surely, it should be known by now.

Sorry to hear he had a little girl. Very sad. :(

The FB group also lists there was a memorial service scheduled for the 28th which has been postponed until the family has him back, so it looks like they do not have that conclusive id yet. How awful for them to be waiting so long..... my prayers are with them.

If there is no media coverage for an official id, an obit or confirmation he is back with his family will suffice to change the flag for this thread. Please keep an eye out for that members who are following this thread. I try to check too...

hth

It's been about 3 weeks so I am going to assume LE's DNA focus is no longer for a positive ID, but rather a criminal case.

I'm going to change the flag.... If by chance DNA proves this to be someone other than Austin we will change his case back to missing. I don't expect DNA to come back differently.

Prayers to Austins family while they await return of his remains.
Lord, please comfort Austins mother during this time...
Give her strength to await justice and find strength knowing she has many praying for her and for justice.

Thanks, Cubby!

I hope LE can bring Austin's killer to justice. Prayers for Austin's family.

we should write to the media outlets to see if they will update the story. I'll try to do that later this weekend. If someone else does it, please let us know.

Thanks,

Salem

Austin has been officially removed from NCMEC. They usually wait for official confirmation before doing that. So it's safe to conclude that the remains belong to Austin.

It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Austin King missing from Morton, WA, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.

:( At least the family finally knows "for sure". Hopefully they will get his remains back quickly so they can continue with the grieving process and the memorial service.

Rest in peace, Austin.

I pray LE is able to determine what happened.

Rest in Peace, Austin :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties