Found Deceased WA - Brian Barton, 25, Federal Way, 10 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just saw this on Disappeared and I want to add something.

I have been going to counsellors lately because I have ~issues, probably not as severe as Brian had though. I know that after counselling sessions, you feel extremely vulnerable afterwards and your emotions are heightened. You really have to take care of yourself afterwards, otherwise things can be upsetting. When I found out he had been to his counselling session, it makes sense that he was probably feeling a lot worse and vulnerable after his session. The prospect of even going to a counsellor can make people feel sad, so I think it's very possible that he thought about everything and, being in an even more vulnerable state of mind, made the decision and acted on it.

I don't think he killed himself though. I think he would've been found by now. I really think it seems like he is a drifter somewhere... living a carefree life. Maybe he tried to attempt suicide, noticed the little amount of medicine he took and decided to become a drifter?

the fued between the g/f and band member is what gets me i was recently in a simular situation between my b/f and best friends and it is extremely hard i'm not sure to what extent things got with this for Brian but i can say there were many times for me i truly considered just walking away ... just my thoughts

The location of the remains is about 2 mi from Brian's home: http://goo.gl/maps/nZJ3x

The area looks wooded but still is relatively small and in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. Hardly a desolate location.

I wonder if the area they are actually referring to is the wooded area slightly southwest and about one block from the 3600 block of 20th Avenue Southwest. The area really isn’t that small and is dense with trees and brush.

I live in the Puget Sound area and there are plenty of greenbelts like these around. It wouldn’t surprise me if a body was there for years and not discovered even though it is surrounded by suburban neighborhoods. Like I said, these areas are often very dense, not only with trees but thorny bushes and brush that is almost impossible to walk through, most people don’t bother venturing into them.

I’m not any kind of expert on this case but IF something happened to Brian at his apartment this may have been the closest and most convenient area someone would’ve thought to hide his body. If you look at the greenbelt area on Google maps, SW Dashpoint Road runs right through the middle of it. At night someone could’ve easily pulled off the side of the road, walked into the trees/brush a few feet and dumped his body. I have attached a pic of SW Dashpoint Road to show how remote it is and how dense the areas surrounding it is. Also, from looking at Google maps, you can also see that there are streets like 22nd Ave SW and 26th AVE SW that are dead ends leading right up to the greenbelt. Again, someone could’ve pulled up at night, parked at the dead end, walked into trees/brush and dumped his body. I have attached pics of both of the dead ends for reference. At the dead end of 26th Ave SW it looks like there is even a trail directly into the greenbelt. I'd be interested in finding out if Brian or any of his "friends" has ties to the neighborhoods surrounding the greenbelt.

Since it was a kid playing that found the bone, I’m assuming the bone wasn’t found too far into the greenbelt and was probably located near a house that backs up to the greenbelt or near one of the dead ends that backs up to the greenbelt. My brother has one behind his house in Olympia and his kids love to go back and play in the “forest” but aren’t allowed to go too far in. Just thought I’d throw this info out there, personally I think foul play was involved in his disappearance.

Attachments

• 22nd Ave SW.jpg
    22nd Ave SW.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 26th AVE SW.jpg
    26th AVE SW.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Dash Point RD.jpg
    Dash Point RD.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 30
Bump for Brian, I’m from the area he disappeared from and think of him often. I hope one day his family will have answers.

Bump for Brian. Currently on a Disappeared Netflix marathon. Just saw this one.

Does anyone else think that female detective is a little kooky?

She "felt" there had been a struggle in the house. She "sensed" this, "envisioned" that. Who is she, Miss Cleo??? I mean, I believe in a detective's "gut", but she was a bit much.

Anyway, my guess is suicide based on schizophrenia.

Bumping for Brian ������

I just watched Disappeared in ID. I have seen every episode but this one and as I was watching I came here to check things out.

After the show went off I did a search and this is what appeared via google.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=brian+barton

At first I was astonished, then I realized the really big blunder.

I hope he is found one day.

I really wonder if Brian had Schizophrenia. He still may of commited suicide then even if suicide was a sin by his religious beliefs. Another thing I slightly wonder is if there was a home invasion by robbers. The wallet with the 800 dollars was inside of a pair of pants on the ground in his room as if he was in the middle of changing. I am kind of doubtfil of there of Brian being the victim of a home invasion, but then again anything is possible. JMO

New article about Brian : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/brian-barton-missing_n_4899240.html

Did Seattle Punk Rocker Brian Barton Stage His Own Disappearance?

Snipped from the above link:

Barton's aunt, Bonnie Olhausen, said opinions within the family also vary.

"His dad and his brother want to believe he just walked away from everything, but [his mom and I] don't believe Brian would do that. He was too close to everybody," she said.

While every person connected to the case has a possible theory, one thing is certain: Whatever happened to Brian Barton is as much a mystery today as it was nearly a decade ago. Nevertheless, Vanderveer said he will continue to investigate each and every theory in an attempt to get answers for the family.

"This is still an active case," he said. "Is it a missing person case, a homicide [or] a suicide? We have no idea. Every theory is on the table. The bottom line is he vanished."

The location of the remains is about 2 mi from Brian's home: http://goo.gl/maps/nZJ3x

The area looks wooded but still is relatively small and in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. Hardly a desolate location.

Well I wasnt aware Brian's remains were found so is this some "come to Jesus" moment for you? Your right its hardly desolate as I am very familiar with the area. So whose door should we be knocking on?

By the way hope this aint some psychic bs cause I thought that wasnt allowed on this forum.

Brian's remains haven't been located. The remains were identified as someone else's, as far as I know.

Bumping for Brian.

Given the circumstances, I also believe that Brian may have developed a mental illness and took his own life. Everyone wants to say that he was "too close" to his friends and family to do that, but I know first-hand that one does not care about those things in the heat of a manic episode. It just sounds like he got help a little too late. I hope he is found, to give his family closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back