WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is fine Beavis-I only joined last night. Someone sure has a foot fetish, number one obvious-and the size alone indicates pretty big guys. Usually a size 12 is a good 6'2 to 6'4 male and size 10 is still pretty much up there with 6 foot tall. I am not aware of many people being buried with running shoes-so it really does appear deliberate. Also like someone wants to get caught. I think they will keep finding feet until the person is caught. At first I did think a boating accident-at best it is homeless dudes since no one of importance seems to be missing. Homeless also wear sneakers and are most vunerable to a whack job. They can sure tell if it is post mortum.

Gideon- welcome to WS! I do have to disagree with your post slightly, I think you are overstimating the size of the men "pool"- but I don't know the stats except that my husband is 5'10" (dont tell him, he believes he is 6') and he wears a 12 shoe.

Does anyone know if Adam Hill has been mentioned in relation to these findings?

My fiance who is about 5'9 (shorter than me but he has gotten used to wearing heels:rolleyes:) and wears between a 12 and 13 shoe.

here's a bit more from the article that SuziQ posted a link to:

The sixth foot turned up Wednesday -- a right foot in a man's size 10 black Adidas athletic shoe, police said. As in the previous cases, however, immediate answers as to the foot's origin eluded detectives.

"We are exploring the possibility that it could be people who may have drowned," said Annie Linteau, a spokeswoman for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. "It could be missing fishermen. It could be the remains of people who may have died in a plane crash."

When asked about the suspicion of foul play, Linteau noted that the first four feet contained no tool marks and were therefore deemed not to have been severed.

so I see this one is a man's size 10 black Adidas; I don't believe they have said WHAT kind the other sneakers were.... have they?? Just curious! hmmm... another right foot, and we only have one left one, and was that left one from a woman??!! Sorry... have oldztimerz!! :crazy: :)

well this is interesting - from the Vancouver Sun...

snip...
Vancouver Sun
Published: Thursday, June 19, 2008
BURNABY - The BC Coroners Service (BCCS) has confirmed in a news release that remains found on June 18 in a shoe near Campbell River are not human.
BCCS, a forensic pathologist and an anthropologist have examined the shoe and remains, and determined a skeletonised animal paw was inserted into the shoe with a sock and packed with dried seaweed.

Looks Anderson Cooper's show tonight is going to be discussing this story!

Well you’ll get the full report on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight, but here’s what we know: Five of the feet found are right feet, including the one picked up this week. One of the feet discovered is a left foot, compounding the mystery.

I believe that the shoes/feet belong to tsunami and/or typhoon victims that have been washed out to sea. The rest of the bodies have long since be devoured, but the foot is being preserved and protected from fish by the shoe. The shoes float, thereby traveling along the sea currents (and being pushed by storms, etc.) and are now washing up along the coast and inlets of Canada. If bottles thrown in the ocean can travel halfway around the world, so can shoes. That’s my theory…

now this is an interesting theory... but WHY just the RIGHT foot??!!! :waitasec: :confused: :)

Last foot a hoax? That's not funny.

snip...
The most recent cases reported to the province's missing persons unit include:
  • June 9: Daniel Bouchard, 20, of White Rock disappeared after leaving a local pub.
  • April 10: Michael Scullion, 30, of Chilliwack disappeared in Agassiz.
  • March 19: Kellen McElwee, 25, of Burnaby was last seen outside a Langley restaurant.
  • Jan. 1: Derek Kelly, 32, of Langley vanished near Bridge Lake.
  • Nov. 2, 2007: John Kahler, 29, was last seen at a four-by-four truck rally at Stave Lake.
  • June 1: Bryan Braumberger, 18, disappeared somewhere near the Coquitlam and New Westminster boundary.

I'm going add a few more names that I found on the same article:
  • April 21, 2008: Burnaby resident Terry Beckett, 55
  • April 15, 2008: Vancouver resident Richard Tamassy, 42
  • March 21, 2008: Kelowna resident John Ernest Patrick, 40
  • March 4, 2008: Coquitlam resident Kenneth Shigehiro, 46
  • Jan. 16, 2008: White Rock resident Wade MacKenzie, 23, last seen in North Delta
  • July 25, 2007: Abbotsford resident Beric Bason, 26, last seen at Loon Lake
  • July 20, 2007: Burnaby resident Asim Chaudhry, 24
  • June 20, 2007: Vancouver resident Ron Carlow, 38
  • Sept. 30, 2006: Kelowna resident Aaron Derbyshire, 22
  • Oct. 4, 2006: Chilliwack resident Brandyn Thomas Dirienzo, 20,
  • July 25, 2006: Burnaby resident Patrick Ratto, 43
  • Jan. 9, 2006: Kelowna resident Michael Bosma, 26
  • May 27, 2005: Greenwood resident Gary Hansen, 52
  • Feb 14, 2005: North Vancouver resident David McMorran, 45
  • July 15, 2004: North Vancouver resident Matthew Price, 22
  • April 5, 2004: Surrey resident Ranvir (Ron) Atwal, 28
  • Oct. 26, 2003: Vancouver resident Greg Cyr, 43

This is not to say that medical students everywhere are like myself or my classmates, but we had supreme respect for our charges. Most of us named ours and recognised the gift they were giving us. I find it hard to even fathom this being medical students not that it is out of the realm of possibility.

Thanks Niner! Have you come across the name that Blink asked about earlier?

Adam Hill

Thanks Niner! Have you come across the name that Blink asked about earlier?

Adam Hill

unfortunately, no, I don't recall seeing Adam Hill's name in that latest article you posted. I got ALL those names from that article that you posted from the cbc Canadian link. If I do see more names - I'll go ahead and update the list.

• June 9, 2008: Daniel Bouchard, 20, of White Rock disappeared after leaving a local pub
  • April 10, 2008: Michael Scullion, 30, of Chilliwack disappeared in Agassiz.
  • March 9, 2008: Kellen McElwee, 25, of Burnaby was last seen outside a Langley restaurant
  • Jan. 16, 2008: White Rock resident Wade MacKenzie, 23, last seen in North Delta
  • Jan. 1, 2008: Derek Kelly, 32, of Langley vanished near Bridge Lake
  • Nov. 2, 2007: John Kahler, 29, was last seen at a four-by-four truck rally at Stave Lake
  • June 1, 2007: Bryan Braumberger, 18, disappeared somewhere near the Coquitlam and New Westminster boundary

I'm going to list WHEN the feet were found and where... also on the above list I added the names SuziQ had down also.
  • May 2 '07: first right foot - man's size 12 discovered on Kirkland Island just a kilometer from Westham Island
  • August '07: second right foot - man's size 12 discovered on Gabruika and Jedediah islands
  • February, 08: third right foot - man's Reebok found near Valdes Island
  • May 24, 2008: fourth right foot - wearing a sock and sneakers near Kirkland Island in the Fraser River
    June 16, 2008: fifth foot - left one encased in a shoe near waters off Westham Island.
  • June 18, 2008 - latest right foot - man's wearing black Adidas shoes near the sand spit on Vancouver Island community of Campbell River
  • June 18, 2008: this foot turns out to be HOAX!; animal paw

Holy Sh**, this is unbelievable, we need to run a cross reference of mp, and mp found and where

I have some more ideas.

Thanks Pedinurse. I don't work in the medical field so know nothing about it. If it is students they may not have mutilated the bodies themselves but may have access to donated body parts. I imagine that medical schools have a collection of different body parts in storage for anatomy lessons? I wonder how difficult it would be for a medical student to steal donated body parts? I've read that amputated limbs not used in research are incinerated by hospitals along with other medical waste. Could it be that some hospital worker involved in this process has a really sick sense of humour? Decomposition could have occured after rather than before they were put in the water. Perhaps the police could test the DNA of recent amputees from nearby hospitals and ask medical schools that keep body parts to check there are no missing feet.

Could it be a funeral home worker who actually thought this would be funny or who has some form of mental illness? Before the funeral or between the funeral and the burial/cremation (which can sometimes be a day or days later) I don't imagine it would be difficult to sever a foot without anyone knowing. I don't know anything about the operation of funeral parlours so I could be wrong about that.

There is also the possibility of this being some sort of religious ritual. I remember reading a few years that there was the torso of a young African boy found in the Thames who was never identified and police believed he was murdered as part of a ritual. If that is the case here the rest of the victims' remains could been burned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_(unsolved_Thames_murder_case)

I really really hope it is all just a prank and the people these limbs come from are alive and healthy. It would be horrible to think there is a killer torturing his victims and amputating their feet.

I was just thinking that the fact that they had shoes on pretty much rules out a cadavar unless they were put on by the sicko. And I wonder if these bodies were cut into peices how the bodies were never found, so many questions so little answers.

There are 7 names on that list that according to where they disappeared were nowhere near the coast of B.C. when they went missing - Kelowna Greenwood, Slave Lake, Bridge Lake and Loon Lake are the locations that are inland.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back