WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article is from Sept 2008, and those guys did not go missing until March 2009. One of the guys, Marquis Cooper is from AZ. Also, the Straight of Georgia are off the west coast of Vancouver, Canada, not Georgia USA.
wow it is weird.. did they ever find those bodies to those one guys who's boat sank in FL?? they were football or basketball players or something??? (sorry cruddy memory)

This article is from Sept 2008, and those guys did not go missing until March 2009. One of the guys, Marquis Cooper is from AZ. Also, the Straight of Georgia are off the west coast of Vancouver, Canada, not Georgia USA.

Sorry didn't even notice the date :crazy:

I saw that it said the date was september 2008 but when I pulled it up on recent news it came up at being posted only 7 hours before. I dont know why

Hello, everyone...The National Geographic channel is doing a show about the feet tonight at 10pm eastern time and they are rerunning it 3 hours later at 1am wednesday...Maureen

Hello, everyone...The National Geographic channel is doing a show about the feet tonight at 10pm eastern time and they are rerunning it 3 hours later at 1am wednesday...Maureen

Thanx im gonna watch it at 1am here.

Just saw the thread and turned on the show. Thanks. Will watch the first 1/2 later!

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=25373284

A human foot has been found washed up on a beach in Washington state, police say.

The foot was found Friday by a person walking on Whidbey Island, about 100 kilometres south of Vancouver, according to a release from Det. Ed Wallace of the Island County Sheriff's Office.

Based on the size of the foot, Wallace said it appears to belongs to a juvenile female.

It's believed to have been in the water for less than two months and was not clad in a shoe or a sock.

Missing person's reports are being checked and the foot's DNA is being examined, Wallace said.

It is the ninth foot found in the Georgia Strait area since August 2007.

Two have been identified, but foul play is not suspected in either case.

Since August 2007, seven disarticulated (i.e. legless) human feet have been discovered in coastal British Columbia, Canada, and an eighth in nearby Washington, United States. The feet belong to five men and one woman, the two left feet having been matched with two of the six right feet. As of August 2008, only one foot has been identified; it is not known to whom the rest of the feet belong.
More info at the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discoveries_of_human_feet_on_British_Columbia_beaches,_2007–2009

How far away would this be from Portland?
River involved?
Terrain like cliffs?
How awful.
and it says about 2 months in water..........

Okay, this is irreverent given the possibilities, but I thought:

Well, the global warming people were right--the ocean has risen by several feet.

(am i gonna get in trouble for this?) :blush:

How far away would this be from Portland?
River involved?
Terrain like cliffs?
How awful.
and it says about 2 months in water..........

207 miles via I-5. I must note there are a few missing persons cases from this area and this is not the first solo foot to be found on the Island. We have threads on the rest here and if you search Whidbey here you should find them all.
WHAT really bothers me (In regards to Kyron) is the SIZE reported and the TIME they estimate the foot has been in the water.

207 miles via I-5. I must note there are a few missing persons cases from this area and this is not the first solo foot to be found on the Island. We have threads on the rest here and if you search Whidbey here you should find them all.
WHAT really bothers me (In regards to Kyron) is the SIZE reported and the TIME they estimate the foot has been in the water.

The size and time is upsetting as well.
traveling 200 miles to and from 400 miles.....60 miles an hour..
would be about 7 hours round trip?

Washington is north of Oregon, right? Have to drop a body up there to float down to island?
Brain storming here.

The size and time is upsetting as well.
traveling 200 miles to and from 400 miles.....60 miles an hour..
would be about 7 hours round trip?

Washington is north of Oregon, right? Have to drop a body up there to float down to island?
Brain storming here.

As long as we are brainstorming - Sauvie Island is what 15 min about from Skyline - so, could someone have dropped someone off to take a boat ride in between say, going to the grocery store?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back