Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheryl's husband found her car near the transit center after hearing she didn't go to work. However there have been no reports that Cheryl was seen there that morning.

As for the sister's sign saying she was last seen heading to the transit center, couldn't that just mean that she had parked her car and was walking towards the transit center?

(Shortened your quote for clarity about the sister's sign…)

Her sister's sign didn't read last SEEN heading towards the transit center, it read

"Cheryl was last HEARD from, heading to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center."

If she was already parked and walking to the transit center, I would think she would be walking AWAY
from the transit center when she sent that last text and was last heard from, not continuing to walk
that way knowing she forgot her badge and texting about it.

IMOO.

This just doesn't add up. She texted her co-worker that she forgot her badge and was going back to get it yet the badge is still at home. Her car is found at the transit center presumably because she drove it there. So why is her badge still at home? The whole reason she was running late was because she needed to go back home to get her work badge so why didn't she?
Do we know if the husband is normally home in the mornings? Wouldn't he have seen her if she came back to get her badge?

Wonder if the co-worker thought there was anything unusual about her text. Was it written differently? Not in line with how she usually words things? Usually if someone is pretending to be text as someone else they'll make it very short.
I'm starting to think it's all BS. She was last seen by someone at 7am then texts 2 min later that she had to go back home to get her badge. She couldn't have gotten very far at all. Either something else was going on and Cheryl texted with the excuse of forgetting her badge hoping her friend would go on without her then she turned her phone off. Or it wasn't Cheryl at all sending the messages.
As much as I've been resisting going with the obvious I'm really starting to think she never left her house that morning. The badge is a convenient excuse and it's very odd that it's still at home.

LE have said evidence points to her disappearing from her car. What does that mean? Were there scuff marks or disturbed gravel indicating a struggle of some sort? Did dogs pick up her scent leading from the car? Is there surveillance that hasn't been released? Or does LE simply mean that is the most likely scenario based on the texts and her known normal routine?

And that's where my thinking comes in about that badge.
Where did she usually keep that badge?
What was her routine in the mornings?
Does she wear that badge under her coat Before she leaves her house?

For those of you that wear a badge around your neck, do you put it on at home,
or when you get to work? Do you keep it in your purse?

Yes, I can see that people do things differently.
I am retired now. When I was working, I made my mental checklist Before I left the house.
In fact, I am that way now as well. That's just who I am. :)

IMOO.

I have to wear a badge to get into my office and I've left it in my car several times so I normally put it on in the morning. However, if I left it at home - I would not go home for it. I would just show my ID and security would let me up. It's a pain not to have it because my office has multi-floors and doors all open/close with the badge - but I would depend on others to let me on the days I forgot it because I would have missed my train in order to go back and get it . Perhaps Cheryl's office is much more stringent than mine and/or her ride to get it was not far and worth going back for it to avoid hassle later.

Just some random thoughts as I look closer at the case and the map:

From all accounts, this woman was last seen by her husband at 7am leaving the house.
At 7:02 she texted a friend and said she forgot her badge at home, and it would take her 10 minutes to go back and get it, and meet up with her. http://www.crimestoppers.com/missing-person-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

Where was she at 7:02 that it was going to take her 10 minutes to go home and get her badge & meet up? Which tower her phone pinged off at that time will determine that. There's one at 22402 - 44th Ave. West, right near her home. Where her husband said she was, at 7am.

The next one on route to where he car was located is at 5906 232nd St. SW - which is essentially the Mountlake Terrace PD. According to the map, it's an 8 minute round trip from her home address to where he car was found. (there are other towers but those are the two closest between her house and the location her car was found - you can see the cell tower map here http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=mountlake terrace&state_abr=wa)

How the heck could this lady be at home at 7am, and be texting about forgetting her badge at 7:02 and saying she had to GO BACK HOME to get it, (and be a 10 minute round trip away) at the same time? It just doesn't add up - and I suspect her cell phone pings will clear the air a bit (if LE release that info to the public, that is).

In one of the articles out there a LE agent states there is "evidence" she was last in the location of where the car was found. (I can't find the link right now) But that could simply mean, that's where her phone was, because that tower near the MLT PD is where her phone last pinged. It doesn't mean she was there, it means her phone was there.

I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has put her at home at precisely 7:00 am. If she left home just a few minutes before she could easily be where her car was found by 7:02 am and possibly even partway down the trail through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just doesn't add up. She texted her co-worker that she forgot her badge and was going back to get it yet the badge is still at home. Her car is found at the transit center presumably because she drove it there. So why is her badge still at home? The whole reason she was running late was because she needed to go back home to get her work badge so why didn't she?
Do we know if the husband is normally home in the mornings? Wouldn't he have seen her if she came back to get her badge?

Wonder if the co-worker thought there was anything unusual about her text. Was it written differently? Not in line with how she usually words things? Usually if someone is pretending to be text as someone else they'll make it very short.
I'm starting to think it's all BS. She was last seen by someone at 7am then texts 2 min later that she had to go back home to get her badge. She couldn't have gotten very far at all. Either something else was going on and Cheryl texted with the excuse of forgetting her badge hoping her friend would go on without her then she turned her phone off. Or it wasn't Cheryl at all sending the messages.
As much as I've been resisting going with the obvious I'm really starting to think she never left her house that morning. The badge is a convenient excuse and it's very odd that it's still at home.

LE have said evidence points to her disappearing from her car. What does that mean? Were there scuff marks or disturbed gravel indicating a struggle of some sort? Did dogs pick up her scent leading from the car? Is there surveillance that hasn't been released? Or does LE simply mean that is the most likely scenario based on the texts and her known normal routine?

I missed that someone last saw her at 7 AM. Was that the husband or son? A neighbor? Fellow commuter? That's pretty huge because it's the first I have heard of anyone being able to definitively place her actual physical self somewhere that morning!

In one of the articles it said her husband said she left home a little before 7 am. I will try to find it but think it was on the first page of this thread.

And even though MSM has mentioned that Cheryl's husband was the last to see her, LE doesn't want to discuss that at all.
IMOO.

Video:
Reporter asks around the 6 minute 35 second mark:

"When was the last time someone actually saw Cheryl?"

Pickard states:

"That is in part of our investigation and we're not going to go in there right now."

http://www.kiro7.com/video/raw-vide...g-woman-cheryl-deboer_20160212181732/78119231

I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has put her at home at precisely 7:00 am. If she left home just a few minutes before she could easily be where her car was found by 7:02 am and possibly even partway down the trail through the woods.

Yes she could, but why. She texted at 0702 hrs that she had to go home to get her badge, why would she be walking the path or parked there. She was headed to meet the person she texted allegedly to carpool, they do not carpool from where her car was parked, this makes no sense. IMHO

Was this ever retracted? I know the family said the media got it wrong.

In this video around 59 seconds, the reporter says:

" Then around 7 in the morning POLICE say Cheryl's friend gets a text message saying:

"I won't be able to make it. I forgot some work items, so please go on. I'll take the bus." "

Did LE retract this? Meaning that this is part of the investigation?
Or did K5 really mess up big time?
The way the reporter says this sounds as if she was reading a real message.
IMOO.

http://www.king5.com/videos/news/lo...for-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80207762/

Her phone pings just prior to 7:02 and then the last one will tell a clearer story of at least where her phone was. Which may or may not be where she actually was.

This is one of the very few items that state 'before 7 am"

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

Also in searching for that I saw that CB owned her own consulting company which may explain the importance of the badge. If her employer contracted with her - she may not be on the employee list registered with security so unlike myself who can show another form of ID - she may have relied more heavily on her badge.

Yes she could, but why. She texted at 0702 hrs that she had to go home to get her badge, why would she be walking the path or parked there. She was headed to meet the person she texted allegedly to carpool, they do not carpool from where her car was parked, this makes no sense. IMHO

Many people park on 58th where the car was found and then walk down to the Transit Center, which is where they had planned to meet.

I have to wear a badge to get into my office and I've left it in my car several times so I normally put it on in the morning. However, if I left it at home - I would not go home for it. I would just show my ID and security would let me up. It's a pain not to have it because my office has multi-floors and doors all open/close with the badge - but I would depend on others to let me on the days I forgot it because I would have missed my train in order to go back and get it . Perhaps Cheryl's office is much more stringent than mine and/or her ride to get it was not far and worth going back for it to avoid hassle later.

Others who work at Fred Hutch have posted here to say that it is a hassle if you forget your badge. And Cheryl's house is only about 5 minutes from where her car was found, so it makes sense that she would have gone back if she forgot her badge.

The only way all these reported facts fit for me is if she was ambushed where her car was found. MLT is pretty small. Maybe she saw someone she knew drive by as she was parking. Person stops to say Hi. Cheryl says, Dang, I have to run home. Person says Let me drive you so you don't lose your parking space. And something bad transpired.

Yeah, I doubt it, too. So that leaves someone sketchy from the park who happened to be there at just the wrong time.

Or someone staged her car.

Was this ever retracted? I know the family said the media got it wrong.

In this video around 59 seconds, the reporter says:

" Then around 7 in the morning POLICE say Cheryl's friend gets a text message saying:

"I won't be able to make it. I forgot some work items, so please go on. I'll take the bus." "

Did LE retract this? Meaning that this is part of the investigation?
Or did K5 really mess up big time?
The way the reporter says this sounds as if she was reading a real message.
IMOO.

http://www.king5.com/videos/news/lo...for-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80207762/

The family said that this was incorrect. It was widely reported that CD said she would take the bus (even on the City's press release) but I don't think it is true.

Many people park on 58th where the car was found and then walk down to the Transit Center, which is where they had planned to meet.

I wish we knew if that was her normal routine.

I find it interesting that I have only heard about her husband once by family saying that he and his son were in grief and would not be speaking at the press conference.

Other than MSM saying that Cheryl's husband was the last to see her, and he spoke off camera to MSM( that then got edited from a MSM post about the off camera talk), he is Silent.

And LE doesn't want to discuss when was the last time anyone saw Cheryl…

This doesn't look good, I have to say.

Will the husband speak? Cheryl is his wife, the love of his life.

The silence makes one ponder…

It is Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Where are you Cheryl?

IMOO.

This is one of the very few items that state 'before 7 am"

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

Also in searching for that I saw that CB owned her own consulting company which may explain the importance of the badge. If her employer contracted with her - she may not be on the employee list registered with security so unlike myself who can show another form of ID - she may have relied more heavily on her badge.

Another poster here found an indication that the consulting company went away in 2010.

The family said that this was incorrect. It was widely reported that CD said she would take the bus (even on the City's press release) but I don't think it is true.

Yes, I know what the family said, It sure is all in MSM, though.
I wonder why it has been retracted by the family, but yet in many MSM articles it has not.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member