Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people park on 58th where the car was found and then walk down to the Transit Center, which is where they had planned to meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is - and maybe only her carpool friend would know - would CB normally park on 58th at that hour when spots are likely available in the main area? If LE hadn't said she most likely disappeared after parking on 58th....I would have thought that perhaps she went home to get the badge, something transpired and her car was staged but had to be left on 58th because by that time - all the spots in the main area had filled and/or to avoid cameras.

I have to wear a badge to get into my office and I've left it in my car several times so I normally put it on in the morning. However, if I left it at home - I would not go home for it. I would just show my ID and security would let me up. It's a pain not to have it because my office has multi-floors and doors all open/close with the badge - but I would depend on others to let me on the days I forgot it because I would have missed my train in order to go back and get it . Perhaps Cheryl's office is much more stringent than mine and/or her ride to get it was not far and worth going back for it to avoid hassle later.
If I forget my work badge at home, even if a co-worker opens the door for me, I can't even get into my computer to begin work without the badge, nor take any copies, so I have to have it with me to be able to work, and my employer is charged $80 for each temporary badge, so I won't be given one if I "just" have forgotten it at home. I work at a hospital/health care centre and because we have access to patient case records all communication into the case records are registered.

I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has put her at home at precisely 7:00 am. If she left home just a few minutes before she could easily be where her car was found by 7:02 am and possibly even partway down the trail through the woods.

Let's say it takes 8 min. to drive from her home to the parking space. She would need to leave home by about 6:52 to arrive at the parking space by 7:00 and discover she's forgotten her badge and text her friend at 7:02.

Let's say it takes 8 min. to drive from her home to the parking space. She would need to leave home by about 6:52 to arrive at the parking space by 7:00 and discover she's forgotten her badge and text her friend at 7:02.

Only takes about 4 minutes to get from CD's house to where her car was parked.

Such a small window of time and so much happened apparently. Gone within seconds. I have been thinking the worst but is it possible she suffered a heart or other medical issue while walking back and veered off the trail to get sick. I am not familiar with how deep that area goes. Likely an ill person would seek people or a public place but just a thought that crossed my mind now.

Such a small window of time and so much happened apparently. Gone within seconds. I have been thinking the worst but is it possible she suffered a heart or other medical issue while walking back and veered off the trail to get sick. I am not familiar with how deep that area goes. Likely an ill person would seek people or a public place but just a thought that crossed my mind now.

It would be very unlikely for someone to stumble away from the trail during a medical emergency. The trail follows a stream bed and the terrain slopes up away from the trail, quite steep in some locations, so if someone had a medical emergency they would likely be close to the trail.

Maybe this has been explained already but I was wondering why Cheryl and her friend were meeting up at the park and ride if neither were taking the bus? Why didn't the friend just pick her up at her house if it's so close to the park and ride? Do they not come home together and Cheryl takes the bus home? What was their normal routine? And last, has the friend spoken publicly?

It would be very unlikely for someone to stumble away from the trail during a medical emergency. The trail follows a stream bed and the terrain slopes up away from the trail, quite steep in some locations, so if someone had a medical emergency they would likely be close to the trail.

Agreed - and likely the person would call 911 on the cell if able to do so. I was not buying that this was random but I guess it's feasible that someone could have forced her off the trail and she hasn't' been found yet. Perhaps she had a laptop and someone was scouting commuters. Have any recent robberies occurred in that area? I know we are experiencing an increase in armed robberies locally in broad daylight due to drug/heroin addiction.

Agreed - and likely the person would call 911 on the cell if able to do so. I was not buying that this was random but I guess it's feasible that someone could have forced her off the trail and she hasn't' been found yet. Perhaps she had a laptop and someone was scouting commuters. Have any recent robberies occurred in that area? I know we are experiencing an increase in armed robberies locally in broad daylight due to drug/heroin addiction.

Yes, definitely been an increase in nonviolent property crimes (robberies) lately that the police attribute mostly to heroin. There was an attack in the park in January 2015.

Update from the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/findcheryl/posts/983875258375850

"Update on Friday's and Saturday's canvassing and search efforts:

We had an AMAZING turnout today and Friday. We had over 100 volunteers today alone. Thanks to everyone who came out to canvass, hand-out flyers, post fliers at businesses, and search wooded areas. And thank you to all who brought tents, chairs and other supplies. You kept us dry and warm. Thank you to the Support 7 crew that kept us caffeinated, hydrated and energized. And thank you to FredHutch for all the endless supplies, food and most importantly, volunteers!

There are no new leads from today but we know that we've reached far more people, and searched many more places than we imagined was possible. We could not have done this without you!

The Mountlake Terrace Police Department continues to tirelessly focus their efforts into finding Cheryl. Not only are they doing their job, but they are also there for us, the volunteers, lending support whenever we need it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

For Sunday, we currently have enough volunteers for the day. But we will post here again when we need more volunteers. Please keep checking for future opportunities."

So she is on tape having stopped for coffee. What time is this? Did LE say?

it seems that throws a total new wrinkle into this case. The timeframe of leaving around 7:00, message to friend at 7:02, and not heard from again - yet she is on video getting coffee doesn't add up.

It sounds like she had to get coffee after the last message to her friend. Also, it sounds like she had other plans that did not include going to work.

My opinions only.

Yes, the whole county has had a dramatic increase in property crimes due to heroin. Even the nicest neighborhoods in our county are dealing with break-ins, prowls, etc. I'm not aware of a large number of crimes against people like this though. It sounds like her car being staged is very possible.

However, I was thinking about the Mountlake Terrace P&R versus other ones. Our transit centers can be good targets for car break-ins etc. If someone was planning harm to a person, Mountlake Terrace would be the ideal one to do that IMO. At other transit centers, there's nowhere to park when the lot fills up. At the Lynnwood one a few miles north, the lot is surrounded by businesses with strict towing policies. You park in the official lot or you are out of luck. Same with Ash Way and Everett and Edmonds train lot. The Edmonds bus lot never fills up and is front of apartments - there's no one walking in. At Mountlake Terrace, you are immediately off an I-5 exit. You could be at the transit center and back on the freeway in the blink of an eye. Plus, it's large enough that you are guaranteed a heavy flow of targets nonstop. And everyone knows the commuters fill up the surrounding streets and will be walking to the center. If someone had a plan to do harm to someone, it's a great place to do so. It still doesn't make sense though IMO. Why Cheryl? A totally random crime with no purpose is unlikely, right?

Her patterns seem important to determine whether it was Cheryl who left the car there or someone else. My stomach drops a little bit at what it must mean if it was the latter.

it seems that throws a total new wrinkle into this case. The timeframe of leaving around 7:00, message to friend at 7:02, and not heard from again - yet she is on video getting coffee doesn't add up.

It sounds like she had to get coffee after the last message to her friend. Also, it sounds like she had other plans that did not include going to work.

My opinions only.

As far as I know there is no coffee stand video. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My opinions only.

Link?

Only takes about 4 minutes to get from CD's house to where her car was parked.

Right, and that doesn't include any traffic - that's straight drive time from A to B. The text sent at 7:02 stated it would take 10 minutes to get home and BACK.

So the questions are...

Home from where?
Back to where?

Where did this lady's phone ping at 7:02?

Hi! Longtime lurker... first time poster. :)

I live in the Seattle area and I've been following this case on here and on facebook hoping for good news. I know that I saw a post from someone saying that CD usually drove a jeep, not the car that was found. I have no idea who posted it, and now I can't find it. Did anyone else see this?

Right, and that doesn't include any traffic - that's straight drive time from A to B. The text sent at 7:02 stated it would take 10 minutes to get home and BACK.

So the questions are...

Home from where?
Back to where?

Where did this lady's phone ping at 7:02?

When I read that it only takes 4 min. to drive from CD's home to the parking space I thought everything fell into place nicely. Assuming she is very close to the park-and-ride when she discovers the missing badge, the ten minutes would allow for round-trip travel time of 8 min. with a couple of minutes to get the badge or to walk to her friend's car when she returns.

I had checked the travel time on google maps which showed a travel time one-way of 8 min. and that didn't seem to fit the scenario.

My opinions only.

Where did you read about the coffee stop?

Hi! Longtime lurker... first time poster. :)

I live in the Seattle area and I've been following this case on here and on facebook hoping for good news. I know that I saw a post from someone saying that CD usually drove a jeep, not the car that was found. I have no idea who posted it, and now I can't find it. Did anyone else see this?

Welcome Chicopee416 :)

:welcome5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members