Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol!!! I'm sorry you didn't care about two topics I specifically brought up as influences on women the age of Cheryl and ME and how I think it would have related to her behavior.

Very odd that you would call something out to put it down like that. Really helpful.

I guess I'm the pot calling the kettle black though, huh? :)

Welllllllllllll since I didn't see your specific post per say, I wasn't calling anything or anybody out...
and since both of those fruitcakes are burning in hell I don't care about them, per say, as it relates to what happened to Cheryl...most things I have
read is she was safety conscious and aware of her surroundings, in a seemingly very public area. I DO NOT believe a serial killer had anything to do with Cheryl's disappearance and death..hence I don't care about those fruitcakes...
I am also a woman of the age of Cheryl so............................................................................sad I'm not entitled to my opinion, pretty much the first negative I've read on this thread sighhhh. I commute 35 mins to work, one way, alone, in a very rural area, less than 15k people in our town and with two spots along the route that I lose cell signal. I won't even roll down my window for the Border Patrol who constantly patrol out here, very safety conscious.

Yes, okay, this makes sense to me. Thanks.

I'm having a hard time, too. Part of me feels like this is absolutely "close to home." Then something nags in the back of my mind...
I hear ya. I am firmly on the :fence: about this case so far.

Very interesting comment. No surprise, either. I wish someone could remember exactly when the car appeared there.

It is interesting to hear that it is a busy street with lots of windows and balconies where people can see and hear what goes on. It does not sound like someone could have grabbed and fought with her without someone seeing/hearing the altercation. And she seems like a bright, strong woman that would fight and make noise. JMO

It is interesting to hear that it is a busy street with lots of windows and balconies where people can see and hear what goes on. It does not sound like someone could have grabbed and fought with her without someone seeing/hearing the altercation. And she seems like a bright, strong woman that would fight and make noise. JMO
Yeah. I'm thinking whatever happened probably didn't occur at the car.

Just to be clear Cheryl was parked on the street near the library. I don't believe there is an overflow parking lot. :)

Please get me up to speed. So her car was parked near the library. Isn't that far from the park 'n ride? It seems strange she would park way over there, middle-aged woman, dressed for work, cold outside, etc. I am confused which may be what someone hoped everyone would be.

22 year old, fit, healthy Dru Sjodin was at a shopping mall parking lot during the day when she was abducted and taken to another vehicle. No one saw anything. A knife sheath was found on the ground near her car. She was bleeding in the murderer's car, and was later brutally raped, murdered, and left in a remote location.

Broad daylight abductions in busy locations do happen. In this case, it's also possible that it was more like a carjacking, where a perp entered Cheryl's car with a weapon and with a specific intent.

Re: Bundy & Ridgeway - the only way they ever factor into any case, is that many many many adult women (although not all, I'm sure) in the PNW remember them all too well and are often more vigilant about their safety when out alone. There's just no way around it, they are part of the fabric of the PNW.

Re: google location reporting - it only works if it's turned ON. It's not on by default, it has to be manually turned on. My entire family DOES have it turned on, for this very reason. God forbid LE ever needs to see it, it's there.

22 year old, fit, healthy Dru Sjodin was at a shopping mall parking lot during the day when she was abducted and taken to another vehicle. No one saw anything. A knife sheath was found on the ground near her car. She was bleeding in the murderer's car, and was later brutally raped, murdered, and left in a remote location.

Broad daylight abductions in busy locations do happen. In this case, it's also possible that it was more like a carjacking, where a perp entered Cheryl's car with a weapon and with a specific intent.

How do you explain the text? Did she argue with her abductor threatening that her friends would know immediately that she was missing since they were expecting her? Then the abductor insisted she send text? Or did she have very bad luck of forgetting her badge the same day she was abducted and killed.

Take your google street view guy down that block. Lined with homes the entire block and roadside parking all the way. That time of day, others would be parking and get out as well.

How do you explain the text? Did she argue with her abductor threatening that her friends would know immediately that she was missing since they were expecting her? Then the abductor insisted she send text? Or did she have very bad luck of forgetting her badge the same day she was abducted and killed.

She texted her carpool friend to let her know that she had forgotten her badge at home. After that, something happened. Yes, it appears that she forgot her badge at home, her routine changed, and she was abducted.

Just to be clear, Detective Pickard said today in his recap at the press conference that CD texted a friend with whom she had carpooled for several years that she had forgotten a badge, that she needed to return home and her friend should go ahead and go to work without her.

ETA: The text also said, "I'll take the bus." I doubt that someone would voluntarily take the bus when a carpool is available to them.

https://www.facebook.com/TedLandJournalist/videos/1570819333210139/

Just to be clear, Detective Pickard said today in his recap at the press conference that CD texted a friend with whom she had carpooled for several years that she had forgotten a badge, that she needed to return home and her friend should go ahead and go to work without her.

https://www.facebook.com/TedLandJournalist/videos/1570819333210139/

She had probably forgotten her badge on other occasions as well, and perhaps it was standard practice that if anyone in the carpool group was delayed, that person would find an alternate ride. At the same time, it looks suspicious that on the morning that she vanished, circumstances ensure that the carpool group is not concerned that she is not where she should be.

She had probably forgotten her badge on other occasions as well, and perhaps it was standard practice that if anyone in the carpool group was delayed, that person would find an alternate ride. At the same time, it looks suspicious that on the morning that she vanished, circumstances ensure that the carpool group is not concerned that she is not where she should be.

I'm sure that friend could shed some light on the issue of their standard practice. It wouldn't surprise me if that same person was observing whether Cheryl arrived at work or not.

She texted her carpool friend to let her know that she had forgotten her badge at home. After that, something happened. Yes, it appears that she forgot her badge at home, her routine changed, and she was abducted.

OR she never forgot her badge at home, and she never sent that text. I think there is a 50/50 chance, between an opportunistic predator that came upon her as she was distracted, looking in the back seat of her car for her missing badge or maybe reading texts, ------or someone closer to home that set it all up in the predawn hours…..

:fence: :fence: :fence:

Doesn't it seem like people who have carpooled together for years, people who meet at the park-and-ride would park in the same location to facilitate meeting one another and switching cars? Doesn't that seem more likely than one person being parked on the street away from the other person.

That's one reason I do not believe the text was sent from the car.

sleuthing the husband is off limits for now.

If it's a 4 or 5 minute drive to the park and ride...
And if she left home at 6:58, she could have arrived "somewhere" at the park and ride at 7:02...
But then the text occurred right then... and then very soon afterward the phone was disabled (?)...
And then several hours later the unusual car she is said to have driven was found by her husband parked in what may be an unusual place.
At the PC, early on, it was said that there was evidence she had been at (did he say at or in or with?) the car...
But would not elaborate at all...

I am trying to envision a scenario that has her victimized in that small window but I am stuck on the beliefs that:
1) she wouldn't have had her car unlocked so someone could jump in
2) she wouldn't have gotten out of her car until the carpool came
3) and no one broke her car window.to get to her.

I will be very surprised if we find out she was the one that left the white car where it was found.

WS is victim friendly. Family members are considered victims unless or until MSM or LE specify otherwise.

:tyou:

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ13FOX/?fref=nf#

Scroll down to the story about Cheryl, Interesting comments, son comments as well.

Wondering if her phone has been located? I guess the carpool friend could show the texts on their phone? Just wondering how LE knows the texts are true, but I'm sure they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu