Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to keep posting. I keep having more thoughts as I read new posts. :(

Being a tech worker, and someone who lives in an area that is so tech-reliant, I would find it next to impossible to believe that Cheryl didn't have a google account. Anyone with a google account can see where they've been with their phone. Try it yourself at https://www.google.com/maps/timeline

So LE can easily login and check out where and when that phone was physically.

Unless she had gps tracking (google location tracking) turned off, as I do.

I cant seem to find a link to the presser???

( I don't know if a presser was broadcast - he called in to one local news station that I happen to watch in the morning. I imagine he called others as well but don't know.)

So I just heard the phone call between Kevin Pickard and KCPQ News. He didn't share any new info. The reporter asked if LE has any theory that they are just keeping private for now, and he didn't say yes or no, just that the autopsy has been completed but LE is waiting for the ME's report before they share anything further. Which kinda sounds like Yes to me, but he is good at stonewalling.

When pressed again about community safety, he said again that MLT is a safe place to live, but people should always use the typical precautions you would use anywhere else, like locking doors and being aware of your surroundings.

He asked again for any possible tips from 7:00 am Monday through 12;30 Sunday, when she was found.

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=54

"Posted on: February 15, 2016"
"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department will be closing a portion of the intersection at 244th Street SW and Cedar Way on Tuesday, February 16 at approximately 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and possibly later due to an ongoing investigation."

Info about the closure of that intersection.

I haven't found a link to the presser.

( I don't know if a presser was broadcast - he called in to one local news station that I happen to watch in the morning. I imagine he called others as well but don't know.)

So I just heard the phone call between Kevin Pickard and KCPQ News. He didn't share any new info. The reporter asked if LE has any theory that they are just keeping private for now, and he didn't say yes or no, just that the autopsy has been completed but LE is waiting for the ME's report before they share anything further. Which kinda sounds like Yes to me, but he is good at stonewalling.

When pressed again about community safety, he said again that MLT is a safe place to live, but people should always use the typical precautions you would use anywhere else, like locking doors and being aware of your surroundings.

He asked again for any possible tips from 7:00 am Monday through 12;30 Sunday, when she was found.

That's a catch all phrase to me, seeing as wherever a person is, they should always be aware of their surroundings, and it isn't safe to keep doors unlocked,imoo, just incase…

For him to say the community is safe, though… Lots of questions!
IMOO.

If Cheryl made it to her parking spot before realizing she forgot her badge I wonder why she didn't just ask her ride to meet her at her house? She could have quickly run in, grabbed the badge and hopped into her friend's car leaving hers at home. Not sure if the "go ahead to work, I'll take the bus", is confirmed or "I will be back in 10 minutes" but I suppose she could have just been worried she would make her friend late to work and didn't want to inconvenience her.

We know her badge was at home but everything else is a mystery.

"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department will be closing a portion of the intersection at 244th Street SW and Cedar Way on Tuesday, February 16 at approximately 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and possibly later due to an ongoing investigation."

Is it normal to close & re-close a location like this for days in a row following the discovery of a body? I ask out of ignorance because I genuinely don't know. I would think that anything that could be found at that intersection & culvert would have been, with the hours & days spent?

Also I can speak to the fact that collecting evidence in this weather would be a nightmare. The rain here has been so heavy with lots of flooding & standing water on the sides of roads, etc.

I suppose each step needs to be mentioned, but it is a bit difficult to have repeated interviews & pressers with absolutely no info given. But I have every confidence in Pickard, who seems like a very kind, intelligent & completely competent commander.

Speaking of Facebook--while searching for posts about Cheryl, I have encountered a couple of posts--including one from the actor, Esai Morales, indicating Cheryl is the latest in a series of cancer researchers dying mysteriously--"an alarming trend" per Mr. Morales.

"Posted on: February 15, 2016"

Terrible news........they've got nothing. They're gonna shut everything down and go back in there for a second search. I'd say it's pretty obvious what they've retrieved so far isn't answering the questions. Sounds like it's time to get down on the hands and knees with a magnifying glass.

I really hope this perp is caught! I'm still on the fence, but I know the weather there, quite well. As others have said, it would be a complete nightmare trying to collect evidence! I have a terrible feeling that if this was done by a complete stranger (which at the moment, I feel is unlikely), it's going to be extremely difficult to find that person.

With the intersection closed, I wonder if there's a specific item of hers, that's missing. Perhaps this item is something they want to be certain is either with the perp or in the culvert area. I'm just brainstorming and trying to make this make some kind of sense!

Speaking of Facebook--while searching for posts about Cheryl, I have encountered a couple of posts--including one from the actor, Esai Morales, indicating Cheryl is the latest in a series of cancer researchers dying mysteriously--"an alarming trend" per Mr. Morales.
But she's not a researcher, is she?

It is interesting that they are closing the road again. Maybe it is just to prevent rubber-necking as they continue to process the crime scene. If I gather any unique info from local news, I will pass it on.

That Esai Morales quote is intriguing, but Cheryl wasn't really a researcher; she was a systems analyst. She seems an unlikely target if someone wants to take out someone knowledgable involved in the actual research.

If Cheryl made it to her parking spot before realizing she forgot her badge I wonder why she didn't just ask her ride to meet her at her house? She could have quickly run in, grabbed the badge and hopped into her friend's car leaving hers at home. Not sure if the "go ahead to work, I'll take the bus", is confirmed or "I will be back in 10 minutes" but I suppose she could have just been worried she would make her friend late to work and didn't want to inconvenience her.

We know her badge was at home but everything else is a mystery.

https://www.facebook.com/TedLandJournalist/videos/1570819333210139/?hc_location=ufi

Yes, Pickard confirms in the presser in this link that part of the text said for the carpool co-worker to go ahead and go to work and that Cheryl would take the bus.

I am deeply sadned to think this, but with what we have so far I believe that Cheryl didn't send any text message and wasn't seen at all in the street that morning...

That Esai Morales quote is intriguing, but Cheryl wasn't really a researcher; she was a systems analyst. She seems an unlikely target if someone wants to take out someone knowledgable involved in the actual research.

What's more, per http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/02/up...l-deboer-as-woman-found-in-mountlake-terrace/ she wasn't directly linked to cancer in her work.

"DeBoer worked as a systems analyst at the Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle."

So the question is, why did he have this phone call update? Since he didn't really have any news, I believe the most important point for Pickart was to ask again for tips. Which means they have nothing?

I am deeply sadned to think this, but with what we have so far I believe that Cheryl didn't send any text message and wasn't seen at all in the street that morning...
I thought so, too, but after looking at some of her sweet family members, it started to get too painful to think this way. :( I knew I shouldn't have looked. I'm having a hard time being objective, now.

I'm so confused and deeply saddened that this happened to her.

Closing the road, if they were doing an experiment, like placing something to see if it floated down, would that be realistic to the same conditions as to when Cheryl went missing?

Could her body have floated down with debris from somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73