Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. If that is true, it makes you think someone didn't go to great extents to hide her.

I have a question: I keep reading posts that refer to her husband saying she left at 7 AM. Was that something that was reported? It seems to conflict with her sending a text at 7 AM saying she forgot her badge at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this link:

"Cheryl DeBoer was last seen February 8, 2016 just before 7:00 a.m. leaving her Mountlake Terrace residence in a white, 1988 Subaru Legacy, Washington License AOL6198. DeBoer was headed to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center located off of 236th Street SW and I-5 to meet a friend she was to carpool with to Seattle. Shortly after 7:00 a.m., the friend received a text message from DeBoer’s phone stating she forgot her work identification/security badge and that she would instead catch the bus to work."

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

And there are MSM articles that mention her husband was the last person to see her.

Hmmm. If that is true, it makes you think someone didn't go to great extents to hide her.

I have a question: I keep reading posts that refer to her husband saying she left at 7 AM. Was that something that was reported? It seems to conflict with her sending a text at 7 AM saying she forgot her badge at home.

If the husband was responsible, he would probably be a little more careful with his timeline - stating that she left the house at 6:45AM and then texting her friend at 7:02AM. Clocks can easily be a few minutes off in one direction or another, so if she left at 7AM according to him, and texted at 7:02 that she forgot her badge (needing 10 extra minutes), I would think that he's probably telling the truth.

In this link:

"Cheryl DeBoer was last seen February 8, 2016 just before 7:00 a.m. leaving her Mountlake Terrace residence in a white, 1988 Subaru Legacy, Washington License AOL6198. DeBoer was headed to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center located off of 236th Street SW and I-5 to meet a friend she was to carpool with to Seattle. Shortly after 7:00 a.m., the friend received a text message from DeBoer’s phone stating she forgot her work identification/security badge and that she would instead catch the bus to work."

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

And there are MSM articles that mention her husband was the last person to see her.

Thanks! So, it sounds like IF she sent the text it would likely have to be before she made it to the library area to park.

If the husband was responsible, he would probably be a little more careful with his timeline - stating that she left the house at 6:45AM and then texting her friend at 7:02AM. Clocks can easily be a few minutes off in one direction or another, so if she left at 7AM according to him, and texted at 7:02 that she forgot her badge (needing 10 extra minutes), I would think that he's probably telling the truth.

But as others have pointed out, just before 7am could mean a variety of minutes before 7am.
It's all relative ( no pun intended!), in a person's perspective.

IMOO.

Respectfully, I believe otto was simply drawing a comparison to another case of a murder victim found in a culvert and was not confusing Jessica Ridgeway with serial killer Gary Ridgeway. JMO

Thank you. I was indeed drawing attention to another case where a body was placed in a culvert, where the murderer was not in any way connected to the victim, and that a culvert is a common place for a stranger perp to place a body.

Thanks! So, it sounds like IF she sent the text it would likely have to be before she made it to the library area to park.

Well, I thought so, but others feel she could have parked and sent that text when she was out of her car.
It all depends on what the real time line is, I suppose, and we don't have all the facts yet.

IMOO.

ETA:
And the thing is her work badge is still at home along with her ORCA card, per her mother's confirmation on the facebook page, so it would be odd that she didn't turn around and go back home if she sent that text while driving.
Unless she did go back home...
That leads to More Questions!
IMOO.

yeah! :D I spent a looong time sweating to death in the Florida heat lol

Well, I thought so, but others feel she could have parked and sent that text when she was out of her car.
It all depends on what the real time line is, I suppose, and we don't have all the facts yet.

IMOO.

In trying to understand when she would do the final check of: did she have everything she needed for the day, I think the latest that she would have checked for the badge is at the point of getting ready to get out of the car after parking at, or near, the transit centre. Looking down and texting would have left her vulnerable to someone approaching the car. It seems that it would be risky to force her out of her car and drag her to another vehicle, but that's possible. It's also possible that someone got into her car.

In trying to understand when she would do the final check of: did she have everything she needed for the day, I think the latest that she would have checked for the badge is at the point of getting ready to get out of the car after parking at, or near, the transit centre. Looking down and texting would have left her vulnerable to someone approaching the car. It seems that it would be risky to force her out of her car and drag her to another vehicle, but that's possible. It's also possible that someone got into her car.

And that's part of why I also can consider that she herself did not send that text as well.
There are so many ways to look at what could have occurred, because of the unknown facts.
IMOO.

IF Cheryl did in fact send the text at 7:02, she would have had to be at least 5 minutes away from home to explain her comment to her carpool friend it would take her 10 minutes to go get it, and get back. So the 7:02 ping will matter a great deal to determine where that phone actually was when the text was sent. It would appear on the surface, she was already at the park & ride when she sent it, since that's a 5 minute drive from home. BUT... and here's the big but, her phone had no activity after that 7:02 text. And her car, was not parked at the park & ride, it was parked in overflow on the street.

Why would she park there, if she was already at the park & ride by 7:02am? I wonder what her carpool friend has to say about where Cheryl would have normally parked or exactly where they were supposed to meet up that morning?

I know, all questions/thoughts that have already been posted but they still remain nagging, unanswered questions. :(

Could Cheryl have intentionally left her badge at home and texted the carpool buddy, but had no intention of going back to get it? The whole missing badge text could've been a ruse by Cheryl as much as by anyone else (at this point in time with what we know).

Cheryl's 'Missing' FB page just posted an announcement that there will be a Celebration of Cheryl's Life this Saturday, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Lynnwood.

And that's part of why I also can consider that she herself did not send that text as well.
There are so many ways to look at what could have occurred, because of the unknown facts.
IMOO.

Yeah, just knowing two facts about the text--whether it was sent near her car and whether the text was a response to her friend or initiated on her side--would pretty clearly point to whether or not the perp was someone she knew well.

This was planned. The culvert was previously selected, or mentally acknowledged, as a good place to dump a body.

Seriously, would you be able to get rid of a body and have it not found for days?

I have never driven by a spot and thought 'great place to dump a body', you?

So, the perp is someone who drove this particular culvert area ALOT.

There would be no other reason to remember it.

Regarding the part I bolded above.....before joining this site? No. But just today I was seated at a restaurant in a window booth and saw an underpass with a tunnel/water drainage and thought exactly that. I wondered if LE checks there every so often as we have 2 unsolved missing persons cases nearby. While I would like to call the non-emergency line and ask, I can't imagine how that would be received...I saw a great place to hide bodies...wanna check it out? At stop signs or lights, I often look at the road sides thinking about the boards. The joys of WS!

Yeah, just knowing two facts about the text--whether it was sent near her car and whether the text was a response to her friend or initiated on her side--would pretty clearly point to whether or not the perp was someone she knew well.

I agree that knowing where Cheryl's phone was when the text was sent is critical. My concern is that in such small distances between her home and the transit center and where her car was found, all the pings might come back to the same cell tower.

Can any MLT locals share info about the placement of cell towers in the area?

Wow, a lot of catching up since this morning!

With Cheryl living so close to the park & ride, would the same cell tower be picking up her cell pings at both places?

After no response back from Cheryl when her carpool buddy texts she will wait for her, did she actually go to the park & ride and wait? Did she see the white car Cheryl was driving parked in the overflow lot? Or does carpool buddy know about this white car since Cheryl usually drove a jeep?

What did carpool buddy think when Cheryl did not show up at work? I imagine she tried texting and calling her cell. Did she have hubby's phone number?

For LE to say that Cheryl was at the park and ride (my wording), either she parked in the main lot and is on camera, someone saw her park in overflow, or LE is just saying that to throw the perp off.

And last but not least, why would a perp put her so close to where this started?

Coincidences do happen, but there are too many here. Cheryl drove another car, she forgot her badge so had to change carpool plans, she parked in the overflow lot, and she was discovered a mile from where she disappeared. She sure had a Monday morning start off wrong, in addition to the fact she was murdered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway