Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to form a theory.
I am more than confused.

Are we to assume there was no visibly apparent cause of death?
Or does LE know how she died but not revealing that information?

A lot of you have theories on the self inflicted finger cuts.
I simply do not understand why that information would be released.

Could the self-inflicted cuts have been made by her own fingernails digging into her fingers? That seems like a possibility to me. Also, if the blood was from her fingers, could she have been purposely trying to leave a sign that she was in trouble and had been abducted for anyone that would come looking for her car?

There was blood found in the car, passengers side.
So she either cut herself while in the car or was placed in the car after she cut herself

Was the drivers seat in the right position?
How tall was she?

By car:

- How much time to go from C'house to the parking where the car was?

- How much time to go from C'house to the culvert?

- How much time to go from C'house to Mukilteo?

From house to parking - 4 minutes

From house to Mukilteo (depends where he works. Did anyone ever see it say his employer? Mukilteo is spread with some parts having limited access) 25 minutes using the fastest route to "central Mukilteo"

From house to culvert - 4 minutes.

All driving times.

(FYI Mukilteo is pronounced Muck-ill-Tee-O)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Native Pride I am lost in your text... I am Portuguese and I can read English language and write but not very well and I couldn´t understand it completely. But got the gist. I don´t kow. This case is so strange and awkward and Cheryl is a quiet woman, a mom, a wife, a gran, nothing in her appears to make her a target. As far as we have heard everyone has only good to say about her. She didn't lead a dangerous life, she didn't have any of the risky factors or behaviours that sometimes might contribute to be in danger. I really don't know anymore what to think.

Can the locals answer this please?

By car:

It would depend on traffic, driving style, etc. but it should be under five minutes for the first two but about a half hour for the trip from MLT to Mukilteo. I've traveled between Edmonds (north of MLT so closer to Mukilteo) to Mukilteo several hundred times and I doubt my fastest trip in the dead of night was 15 minutes. Mukilteo itself has one main road (Speedway) that has several stop lights and congestion at that hour. I assume he'd take I-5 to get there if coming from Mountlake Terrace, and that exit feeds right onto the Speedway. Maybe speeding with no traffic, you could do it. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Also I took two pictures today.

I live 5 miles from where the car was found.

Here is a picture taken at 6:55 about when she left for workImageUploadedByTapatalk1455896925.510192.jpg

Since so many people had questions about how dark/light it was.

Can the locals answer this please?

By car:

- 5 minutes, maybe less
- 5 minutes, maybe less
- Depends on what part of Mukilteo, which is pretty spread out, and time of day; at 7:00 am, it would involve dealing with heavy commuter traffic. Well over 20 minutes, I would guess.

This is photo is from 7:10 about when she went off the grid.

Again these are just to show what the light is like at that time. I live 5 miles away from the "scenes". ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455896962.508988.jpg

Similar weather.

From house to parking - 4 minutes

From house to Mukilteo (depends where he works. Did anyone ever see it say his employer? Mukilteo is spread with some parts having limited access) 25 minutes using the fastest route to "central Mukilteo"

From house to culvert - 4 minutes.

All driving times.

(FYI Mukilteo is pronounced Muck-ill-Tee-O)

I found this:

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

It mentions "this work". Maybe it was a typo and meant to say "his" work. IMOO.

Also I took two pictures today.

I live 5 miles from where the car was found.

Here is a picture taken at 6:55 about when she left for workView attachment 89360

What a great idea Seatower! Thank you!

Would you think it was still dark enough at about 7am - 7.30am for her to walk unseen to the culvert, or for a perp to leave her at the culvert?

A number of search warrants have been executed and a significant amount of evidence has been collected, some of which are pending lab and forensic analysis.

,” city spokeswoman Penny Merkley said in a press release. “It can take a great deal of time to gather and review evidence, as well as interview witnesses.”

http://mltnews.com/small-cuts-found-on-cheryl-deboers-hands/

What a great idea Seatower! Thank you!

Would you think it was still dark enough at about 7am - 7.30am for her to walk unseen to the culvert, or for a perp to leave her at the culvert?

I thought about that as I drove today. I'd say no. I see people walking every morning. In fact I think as a driver you are more aware because there are kids waiting for the bus sometimes as well.

I find it noteworthy that they call it "blood stains" , not simply "blood". "Blood stains" implies a rather small amount to me, not an amount that would lead them to think she was deceased because of this blood loss. What do you all think?

I find it noteworthy that they call it "blood stains" , not simply "blood". "Blood stains" implies a rather small amount to me, not an amount that would lead them to think she was deceased because of this blood loss. What do you all think?

Yes, I agree, sounds like smears. Especially on the door.
Some articles are saying Blood

The officers found blood on the passenger side of the car, inside the driver's compartment," said Commander Kevin Pickard with the Mountlake Terrace Police Department.

Pickard would not confirm how much blood was discovered inside the vehicle

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2914807/Police-found-blood-stains-in-missing-Mountlake-Terrace-womans-car

This is photo is from 7:10 about when she went off the grid.

Super useful! Thanks Seatowner. It is difficult to imagine the half-light just before sunrise on an overcast/rainy day and this helps. It is much brighter than I would have imagined.

During your sleuthing did you happen to see if the parking spots directly adjacent to the walk-thru park were filling up at 7:00 am? I have read a few online comments about people who are commuting from the east often use these spaces and take the short walk through the Veterans Memorial Park even though the Park'n'Ride may still have plenty of room. It's been mentioned that a quick walk through the park is better than the bottle necks and traffic congestion getting to and from the Park'n'Ride. Thoughts?

One thing really bothers me: Why searchers ended up looking where they did the day Cheryl was found. There was a lot of area in between where her car was discovered and the culvert area. Had all of that in between been searched, and the search area "naturally" expanded? Or why did the searchers search the culvert area that day?

It was the latter: the natural expansion of the volunteer search effort. The volunteers were very well organized, with some doing canvassing duty (going door-to-door, asking if anyone had seen her, and encouraging them to call the police with any information about suspicious details, etc.), while the others searched bushes and undeveloped areas for any evidence (phone, purse, body, etc.). They were organized to the level of making sure that the same houses weren't canvassed twice, and that no houses were missed.

And keep in mind that they were at it for more than five days. They worked rain or shine. Covering a few square miles in five days with a team of people is perfectly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana