Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got this one turned around. Cheryl's typical commute was meeting the vanpool at the park and ride. She would take the bus as a Plan B, for those days when she couldn't catch up with them in time.

Could you please source this Haruspex? I've yet to see this confirmed by MSM or LE...have I missed a link in this fast-flowing thread?

Could you please source this Haruspex? I've yet to see this confirmed by MSM or LE...have I missed a link in this fast-flowing thread?

Found this

DeBoer’s car was discovered Feb. 8, the day she went missing. It was parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue W, near the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center where she often met up with a friend to commute to her job in Seattle.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

Found this

DeBoer’s car was discovered Feb. 8, the day she went missing. It was parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue W, near the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center where she often met up with a friend to commute to her job in Seattle.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

Which is a little ambiguous no?
The car was found parked near the MLT Center = fact
She often met up with a friend at the MLT Center = fact
She usually parked at the MLT Center = inference or insider knowledge?
I wish we could have it confirmed or denied that she used the street side parking. This is the difference between her being on that block as an "out-of-the-ordinary pull-off the road to text" situation, OR a regular, normal morning routine that could be common knowledge to those who know and/or commute with her.

Sure, but I can't provide a source link, because the source is myself. Cheryl used to be a colleague of mine.

But if it helps, large organizations with car/vanpool policies typically require that participants ride with the car/vanpool for a certain percentage of their commute trips in order to qualify for the parking discount. With the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, that percentage is 80% or more of commute trips per week. Thus, assuming Cheryl complied with the policy, she commuted in with the vanpool roughly eight out of ten trips per week or more.

Sure, but I can't provide a source link, because the source is myself. Cheryl used to be a colleague of mine.
Thanks. Did you commute with her? Can you confirm she used the Park'n'Ride lot as apposed to the streetside parking one block away?

Thanks. Did you commute with her? Can you confirm she used the Park'n'Ride lot as apposed to the streetside parking one block away?

I did not commute with her.

Many of her current and former coworkers have come together over the past week because of these events, and in the process I have heard that it wasn't unusual (or perhaps was even routine) for Cheryl to park in the overflow area, and for her to walk through the wooded area to get to the park and ride. That said, I only heard that offhand from a couple of people, so I wouldn't regard it as authoritative.

But if it helps, large organizations with car/vanpool policies typically require that participants ride with the car/vanpool for a certain percentage of their commute trips in order to qualify for the parking discount. With the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, that percentage is 80% or more of commute trips per week. Thus, assuming Cheryl complied with the policy, she commuted in with the vanpool roughly eight out of ten trips per week or more.

I can confirm this to be accurate. A trip is one way, so riding with the group to/from would be 2 trips.

And just so there is no disection of his statement, she was a carpool never not an official vanpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haruspex, please accept my condolences on the loss of Cheryl. Everything I have read about her portrays such a lovely person. I am so sorry.

I did not commute with her.

Many of her current and former coworkers have come together over the past week because of these events, and in the process I have heard that it wasn't unusual (or perhaps was even routine) for Cheryl to park in the overflow area, and for her to walk through the wooded area to get to the park and ride. That said, I only heard that offhand from a couple of people, so I wouldn't regard it as authoritative.

Thank you, I think this is key information and I guess the police are on it. From the 'starting point' of her parking on that street as part of a 'normal routine', it is much easier to imagine that a perpetrator, known to Cheryl or otherwise, could have known where to wait... Could have planned in advance... Could be a very elusive catch.

I can't stop thinking about Chery's family. My heart is filled with sadness for them. I hope they get the answers they deserve and that the answers bring some peace for them.

I'm still finding if difficult to come up with plausible suicide theories, especially one in which CD texts with her co-worker friend that she will be an extra 10 minutes, powers down her phone and then strolls away to commit suicide.

Thus, I've been focused on the theory that she was accosted at some point after parking her vehicle. However, that then requires the perp to handle the body without being seen right? What if the perp is seen but not "noticed" because the sight is so common place? A worker with a van? Utility worker? Road repair truck? Garbage collector? Tree trimmer? All of these occupations would require a utility truck of some kind in which a body could be secreted until later. A utility truck of some kind may not be noticed at the side of the road where CD was found. Also, I'm wondering if smothering someone leaves visible marks that (I hate typing this) would still be visible a full week later?

I know that I'm reaching however, I think it's only because I cannot get my thoughts around suicide.

Still lots of unanswered questions rolling around in my muddled head....Was the setting of the seat in CD's vehicle still set for her height? Has a TOD been released? Where is her purse? Where is her cellphone? Does she carry a commuter coffee cup? If yes, was that found in her vehicle? By her vehicle? At home? What does she normally carry to work on a normal day? Just a purse? A purse and and extra bag for lunch, a kindle and work she may have brought home? Did she carry a laptop home? I find it very doubtful that I will ever get answers to these questions....doesn't stop my mind from asking them.

Prayers for Cheryl's family.

Her celebration of life is tomorrow. Does anyone think we're going to get a lot of information on Monday or Tuesday?

Her celebration of life is tomorrow. Does anyone think we're going to get a lot of information on Monday or Tuesday?

I hope so, but I tend to think LE is waiting on forensic testing, since they claim to have a lot of evidence.

I still get the vibe that they don't think there is a predator at large - do you get that feel from the news coverage (TV, etc.)?

I hope so, but I tend to think LE is waiting on forensic testing, since they claim to have a lot of evidence.

I still get the vibe that they don't think there is a predator at large - do you get that feel from the news coverage (TV, etc.)?
Yes, I agree on both. Certainly, it sounds like they have a lot of evidence to process. Also, I definitely don't think they are giving the vibe that there's a random predator at large.

The assistant chief said the medical examiner determined the cuts on DeBoer’s fingers were self-inflicted. That means the cuts could have been accidental or deliberate, but they weren’t caused by another person, he said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...-self-inflicted-cuts-found-on-woman's-fingers

I just came across this sentence while I was scanning for additional news on this case. I don't know if this article was revised recently or if this was in there all along, but either way, it sort of explains what the M.E. was referring to about the cuts on her fingers. I suspected maybe that's what he was alluding to........self inflicted through the course of typical daily activities.

The term "self-inflicted" was blown way out of context, so it appears.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...-self-inflicted-cuts-found-on-woman's-fingers

I just came across this sentence while I was scanning for additional news on this case. I don't know if this article was revised recently or if this was in there all along, but either way, it sort of explains what the M.E. was referring to about the cuts on her fingers. I suspected maybe that's what he was alluding to........self inflicted through the course of typical daily activities.

so if someones slashing a knife around at her, that means she could have accidentally cut herself out of self defense? of course if someones trying to cut her, they don't intend to cut her fingers but something else. they didn't purposefully do it.

I am still rather confused about the whole cut thing
Was there something in the car she could have cut herself with or did she do it at home?
Were the cuts brand new or healing?
Do they believe that is the source of the blood in the car?
Anyone know how he can determine that cuts were self inflicted?

Sorry, so many questions

So, basically, she had cuts on her fingers, but they were irrelevant and not related to her death.

So, basically, she had cuts on her fingers, but they were irrelevant and not related to her death.

Exactly.....and apparently that's what the M.E. was trying to convey..................but it took on a life of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana