Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my coworkers and friends died from an evident drug overdose, needle still in her arm. they didnt classify it as suicide from the get go. there was an investigation due to neighbors hearing a male arguing with her the night of. once they investigated that part of it, they closed it. then they had to wait for toxicology results before determining cause of death. i mean, someone could have put a needle in her arm to make it appear she died of a drug overdose, or hit her over the head or something then administered drugs. LE is likely waiting for toxicology results before saying for sure what she died of, although they will say what they are investigating. they may trickle bits of info out to get people to talk and come forward to help them have more leads to figuring things out...which is exactly what is occurring as i write this. even if it appears to be likely suicide of homicide, they have to have all parts of evidence and things found processed before they determine COD.

Very good post. Thank you! I think you are absolutely right.

If the coroner was to do an autopsy on me tomorrow, he would find all kinds of cuts and scrapes on my hands, arms and legs. The cuts and scrapes were not done to me by my old lady, or my dog, or my cat, or my mother-in-law, or a cop, or an alien.

Nope.

Those cuts and scrapes were self-inflicted by me during the course of normal daily activities because I'm not a very careful person and I get hurt a lot. For instance, I think it is both impossible and absurd to try and get on a riding lawnmower without having some cold beer on hand, and a lot of it. After about the 9th or 10th beer..........well.........I tend to get hurt a lot, but in my defense, the lawn does get mowed very quickly.

Another thing that hasn't really been brought up is that Cheryl's husband may have told the cops that she somehow injured her fingers and that information was simply passed on to the M.E.. I think he was simply discounting those particular wounds as having anything to do with her final demise.

I would love to have your wife join us here! I can only imagine the stories she could tell!!

What if the little cuts were the only marks on her body? And they need to await tox screens?

Hyoid bone is usually fractured in a strangulation

Thank you, I forgot about that!

So if there are at least two other signs of strangulation (hyoid and petechiae) besides discoloration, why is the water an issue? Not to be gruesome, but I can't imagine the decomposition would be that bad.

I wonder if she had prior incidences of her and someone else? What do Washington State Court records say? Maybe her husband, friends, coworkers, etc know of a riff she may have?

How long after being reported missing was her car found? If she is known to park in that area, how come it wasn't found sooner?

Also, stranger violence is pretty rare compared to a certain other type of violence, like violence committed by someone you know..js

The press conference said they don't believe the public's safety is at risk...which leads me to believe it was someone close to her.

Also, as for them saying there was a book found in the car, then he couldn't comment. Maybe he got reprimanded for divulging what could be seen as evidence, or maybe they were not done processing the car and found more...

I agree I find it odd family doesn't believe she didn't say or mean she would be taking the bus..how do they know? Does that mean other times she has missed her carpool she decided to drive? Thank you for poster who posted all the varying media articles, it's interesting to see how wildly they are different.

Maybe she got in someone else's car willingly, . . .

I believe most cases where women go missing are done by a lover of some kind, or someone they knew. (not saying it's the husband.) However, the fact that police are protecting certain parts of the investigation like when she was last seen by someone, etc. is intriguing....

as far as determining cause of death, murder and suicide are not always obvious. they want to know what she died from; whether it be drugs, strangulation, drowning, smothering, etc. i really doubt this was suicide, not really common for a woman to take their life at a culvert on the side of a road.

rs&bbm

So Cheryl is parked along street in front of the library where she has been known to park before when meeting up to carpool. I'm wondering (speculation) if she was then offered a ride by someone she knows or is at least someone familiar to her--an acquaintance, a coworker, a coworker of her husband's, friend of a coworker she may have met, etc. Someone who was waiting for Cheryl, specifically, for reasons unknown to us. Forgotten badge has nothing to do with why she is missing, she really did just forget it.

The book mentioned being found in Cheryl's car. Well, her car is parked on a street in front of a library. Was it a library book, and if so, who checked it out? Did the book belong to Cheryl or her family? Is the book significant, or is it a rabbit trail?

MOO.

IIRC a lot depends on the water issue. Warm water, cold water, bacteria and/or marine life. Is the body fully submerged. For how long. Many variables IMO

Jmo the ME would still notice damage to the bone in the throat with a strangulation, regardless of water. And I think it would difficult to strangle someone without breaking it. I am just baffled that cause of death seems to be up in the air, if this was a murder.

I hope there is an answer for Cheryl's loved ones first and foremost. I would like one as well before I go cray cray!!!!

ETA and the Community

So if there are at least two other signs of strangulation (hyoid and petechiae) besides discoloration, why is the water an issue? Not to be gruesome, but I can't imagine the decomposition would be that bad.

IIRC a lot depends on the water issue. Warm water, cold water, bacteria and/or marine life. Is the body fully submerged. For how long. Many variables IMO

Yes that is correct, Bravo. I'm no expert but I wouldn't think that decomp was very advanced given the temperatures. And a broken hyoid bone would of course be visible even if decomposition was very bad already.

But there are 'softer' (for lack of a better word) ways to strangle or suffocate someone that won't break the hyoid bone and won't leave many marks. And after a week, superficial soft tissue damage and petechiae might not be discernible anymore, I don't know.

ETA: maybe she really had no visible injuries, maybe she was injected with something.

Would smothering cause petechiae? Am guessing yes.

Poor Cheryl. I hate even thinking about what she may have experienced but I can't keep my brain off it. Her family needs answers, and so does the community.

I hope there is an answer for Cheryl's loved ones first and foremost. I would like one as well before I go cray cray!!!!

ETA and the Community

Me too! I just went shopping in MLT and kept wondering "I wonder if any of these people killed Cheryl and are just out buying milk and eggs now..." Terrible, creepy thoughts, but the community can't be asked to be in a pleasant state of mind right now!

I feel for the Community as well. Very unsettling to say the least

If the coroner was to do an autopsy on me tomorrow, he would find all kinds of cuts and scrapes on my hands, arms and legs. The cuts and scrapes were not done to me by my old lady, or my dog, or my cat, or my mother-in-law, or a cop, or an alien.

Nope.

Those cuts and scrapes were self-inflicted by me during the course of normal daily activities because I'm not a very careful person and I get hurt a lot. For instance, I think it is both impossible and absurd to try and get on a riding lawnmower without having some cold beer on hand, and a lot of it. After about the 9th or 10th beer..........well.........I tend to get hurt a lot, but in my defense, the lawn does get mowed very quickly.

Another thing that hasn't really been brought up is that Cheryl's husband may have told the cops that she somehow injured her fingers and that information was simply passed on to the M.E.. I think he was simply discounting those particular wounds as having anything to do with her final demise.
O/T, but you crack me up!

For the locals, are you familiar with the library there? Does it attract homeless, destitute, down on their luck individuals? In my city, some of these people spend almost the whole day in the library to stay out of the elements.

I'm not trying to cast a bad light on the homeless, but someone could be loitering in the area waiting on the library to open.

I'm just trying to get a better idea of the area and those who may frequent it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Link to MLT police blotter for the week prior to her disappearance. Please see the second paragraph.

http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-29-feb-5/

My aunt was manually strangled to death but her hyoid bone wasn't broken. She did have petechaie in her eyes and there was an imprint on her neck from her scarf. She wasn't in water and was found within 2 days.

I could have been wrong... I didn't think about this possibility. Either way, I think it makes sense to get toxicology before announcing cause of death.

Link to MLT police blotter for the week prior to her disappearance. Please see the second paragraph.

http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-jan-29-feb-5/

I wish witnesses/victims would be willing to file reports in incidents like this. It is pretty aggressive for the guy to follow someone around. Maybe this is connected to Cheryl or not, but in any case we don't need freaks like this hanging around anywhere. Kids use that library!

Certainly unrelated but it feels like a weird coincidence that a Subaru Impreza was mentioned in the first paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kamarie61