Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would smothering cause petechiae? Am guessing yes.

Poor Cheryl. I hate even thinking about what she may have experienced but I can't keep my brain off it. Her family needs answers, and so does the community.
I would think so. I mean I've seen vomiting cause those marks. They're basically caused by a lot of force.

My aunt was manually strangled to death but her hyoid bone wasn't broken. She did have petechaie in her eyes and there was an imprint on her neck from her scarf. She wasn't in water and was found within 2 days.
I'm really sorry about your aunt. Warm thoughts your way!

Poor Cheryl. I hate even thinking about what she may have experienced but I can't keep my brain off it. Her family needs answers, and so does the community.

Petechiae would be noticed by the coroner. I wonder why he noticed the cuts on Cheryl's fingers? Possibly depth of the cut, shape or width of the cut. There must be something that caused him to comment.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! This happened many years ago, but it feels like yesterday. It was her husband who murdered her and then he commit suicide. My mom (aunt's sister) never recovered from the tragedy, she loved both of them and could never accept my uncle would do this, he was a very kind and considerate person who even brought injured butterflies home.
You just never know what goes on in people's lives.
Sorry to go OT.

That thought crossed my mind as well Stripehaven. Prompted me to do a little web searching. Below are three different links to three sites with information on the forensic signs of suffocation.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/asphyxia/suffocation-smothering

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/suffocating-and-smothering.html

http://www.santoshraut.com/forensic/ASPHYXIA.htm

Obviously I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information. I will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

O/T: Hopefully no one I know will ever be the victim of foul play because a search of my computer would likely raise great big red flags! :)

Smothering someone would be swift and not leave violent marks on the body if that person was unconscious, say after being injected with diazepam or similar drug.

However, there would still be telltale signs for the ME, as described in the links KJ's Mamu provided above. "Bloodshot eyes" it is called there. Now I wonder whether after 6 days (presuming that Cheryl died on day 1) the eyes would still be in in good enough condition to determine whether they were bloodshot.

And the first paragraph mentions a stolen Subaru Impreza, though that didn't happen at the library, and Cheryl's car was a Legacy (iirc).

Just niggled me a bit.

No, Cheryl did have an Impreza. Odd, huh? I don't know if they are common.

If the coroner was to do an autopsy on me tomorrow, he would find all kinds of cuts and scrapes on my hands, arms and legs. The cuts and scrapes were not done to me by my old lady, or my dog, or my cat, or my mother-in-law, or a cop, or an alien.

Nope.

Those cuts and scrapes were self-inflicted by me during the course of normal daily activities because I'm not a very careful person and I get hurt a lot. For instance, I think it is both impossible and absurd to try and get on a riding lawnmower without having some cold beer on hand, and a lot of it. After about the 9th or 10th beer..........well.........I tend to get hurt a lot, but in my defense, the lawn does get mowed very quickly.

Another thing that hasn't really been brought up is that Cheryl's husband may have told the cops that she somehow injured her fingers and that information was simply passed on to the M.E.. I think he was simply discounting those particular wounds as having anything to do with her final demise.

Let me just say, I want you to come mow my lawn this summer :) Hubby will fire up the grill.

I would think so. I mean I've seen vomiting cause those marks. They're basically caused by a lot of force.

Yes I have had it from forceful vomiting. Kidney stone. Wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

I am assuming tomorrow's Celebration Of Life for Cheryl is not an official Funeral and her body has not been released to Family yet?

No, Cheryl did have an Impreza. Odd, huh? I don't know if they are common.

Subaru's are extremely popular in the Seattle area because the all wheel drive is great in rain or snow. There are zillions of Legacys, Outbacks and Foresters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana