Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subaru's are extremely popular in the Seattle area because the all wheel drive is great in rain or snow. There are zillions of Legacys, Outbacks and Foresters.

Yup, I agree. I see lots and lots of Subarus around but usually the station-wagon kind as you mention. I don't know if the Imprezas are as common. It seems like a model name I don't hear much. Off to Google!

ETA: A little part of me wants to go to Cheryl's celebration tomorrow, but I know I won't because I would feel like an intruder. But my heart is so with her and her family, as I know is true for so many here, and throughout the community. Heavy heart.

It would take a special kind of magic to get from MLT to Mukilteo in less than 15 minutes during the Monday morning commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took him approx 20-25 mins to get from home to work which security cameras at work verified. Not 15 mins. Also, that direction during commute time isn't bad at all.

I work about a block from where Cheryl was discovered. When she first went missing, like most, I thought the husband was probably involved. However, since he has been ruled out- it sounds like it was a likely a random attack. MLT does have it's fair share of sketchy individuals...lots of theft and prowling incidents. My building has been broken into twice since September.
3 things that seem odd are - body placement pretty far from the car, "self-inflicted" injuries on fingers, and LE comments downplaying the possibility that there is a random killer out there. It would be good to see the actual surveillance video of Cheryl leaving home because I keep going back to wondering about that...

What do you mean by prowling? Is that a term for car breakins?

I just searched the term prowling for further clarification. So one thing that could have happened is Cheryl returned home and surprised a prowler but the video camera would have caught that it seems.

Yup, I agree. I see lots and lots of Subarus around but usually the station-wagon kind as you mention. I don't know if the Imprezas are as common. It seems like a model name I don't hear much. Off to Google!

ETA: A little part of me wants to go to Cheryl's celebration tomorrow, but I know I won't because I would feel like an intruder. But my heart is so with her and her family, as I know is true for so many here, and throughout the community. Heavy heart.

Was it actually a Subaru Leone. My internet research tells me the Impreza wasn't made until early 90's. I wonder why Cheryl was driving it that morning if she normally drives a Jeep. Trying to conceal her identity?

Maybe Cheryl made it part way down the path before discovering she forgot her badge. After texting she hurried back to her car unaware that a prowler had gained access while she was gone. Once inside the prowler attacked her from the back seat and killed her.

That was an older model Subaru - '88 - 27 years old. Those older model cars were easier to break into.

I just read the police blotter; that is not a lot of crime.

But, gees ladies, if a guy approaches you in a public library with his pants down, or with his hands in his pants - doing whatever, REPORT him and press charges. Just because you didn't get raped or stabbed doesn't mean the next woman won't be!

In rebuttal of my own comment, would a random prowler take Cheryl's body to the culvert to hide it? It doesn't seem likely when you could just leave the body in the back seat. The less time you spend in the car the less likely you are to get caught.

I've always seen this crime as one that targeted Cheryl specifically. But understanding who might be the perp is hard.

I don't think it's suicide.

I'm also not sure it's a random person either. The entire case is very unusual and because numerous people that are close to her have confirmed the stability and happiness in her life it is even more mysterious.

When I think of areas in/around Seattle that are high crime or even moderate crime MLT is not even on my radar.

It took him approx 20-25 mins to get from home to work which security cameras at work verified. Not 15 mins. Also, that direction during commute time isn't bad at all.

That is my point. It would take more than 15 minutes - in response to the theory that the husband could have ditched her car and body and make it back to Mukilteo after doing so within the time estimate. Only with magic.

I don't think it's suicide.

I'm also not sure it's a random person either. The entire case is very unusual and because numerous people that are close to her have confirmed the stability and happiness in her life it is even more mysterious.

When I think of areas in/around Seattle that are high crime or even moderate crime MLT is not even on my radar.

I agree if you consider all of Seattle, but Snohomish County as a whole has had a sharp increase in drug-related crimes and Mountlake Terrace certainly isn't one of the nicer cities in the county. IMO. It's one of the only cities in the south part of the county that I wouldn't really consider living. And I'm not too picky.

Sending out a big welcome to new sleuthers and those browsing as guests! Thanks especially to the many MLT and Seattle folk who have signed up and given us a lot of local info to mull over...(sending a virtual hug as well as you deal with this sadness and uncertainty in your backyards)

:wagon:

I agree if you consider all of Seattle, but Snohomish County as a whole has had a sharp increase in drug-related crimes and Mountlake Terrace certainly isn't one of the nicer cities in the county. IMO. It's one of the only cities in the south part of the county that I wouldn't really consider living. And I'm not too picky.

Speaking of drugs.

One of the scenarios I thought about was if there was a relative or a neighbor that knew Cheryl but also had a drug problem. She and her husband worked full time and had solid, good careers. It is possible that a relative/neighbor, etc approached her and ending up killing her after she either had no cash on her OR after her refusal to give any.

Druggies will harm anyone and do horrible things to people- even those they love to
get their fix.

I do not believe this was a stranger at all. I will be completely shocked if it was totally random.

One thing about Mountlake Terrace is it's North/Southbound I-5 proximity. Pretty close to the freeway. Pop off, pop back on. do your business then beat a hasty retreat up to Canada....

Why would LE need a search warrant to search the car if her husband was right there? Couldnt he just give them his consent to search it?

Her husband found the car, and LE had to get a search warrant to search the car.
I wonder if he found it unlocked and left it unlocked, or found it unlocked and locked it.
Or found it locked period.

IMOO.

The only theory I can come up with is that Cheryl wasn't the one driving her car that morning. Video at her home shows her car leaving, video later shows her car going towards the transit area, BUT, thus far no a single witness has come forth saying they SAW or SPOKE to Cheryl that morning, nor that weekend! To me, that is important!

If someone saw Cheryl pull over, get out of her vehicle, or saw her pulled over texting the friend, they haven't announced it.

While I don't know WHO harmed Cheryl, I don't think it was herself! Anyone could have been driving her car, hopped on the bus, and went about their business.

Not going to get into whether her husband knew who was driving or not. I have nothing to say either way.

Find me a witness outside the home that saw her, talked to her that weekend, and especially that morning. Until then, Cheryl wasn't driving, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana