Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand her trying to find the badge inside her car. If the badge was at home surely she knew she had forgot it at home and wouldn't need to look for it inside the car. And also, if I am correct that was not the car she used daily to go to the park.

I would assume that if Cheryl really had forgotten her badge at home, as far as she remembered it, she would pull to write the text message and after would go back home to retrieve the badge. She would neither stop(the motor) nor open the car's door.

I wonder if it was usual for Cheryl to forget the badge or if it happened that day and ONLY that day...

Is it that from where she texted to where she would meet her carpool is the same place? I mean, she would meet her friend's car inside the transit center and she texted them from outside the transit center in a street aside it. Is this correct?

The day Cheryl disappears she unusually forgets her badge home and she unusually uses a diferente car...

I go on with the same sad opinion - Cheryl didn't forget anything, Cheryl didn't text her friend, Cheryl didn't comit suicide, Cheryl wasn't killed by a stranger :(
I’m just a mom no one of any importance but to my hubby and children but your last comments got my mind going and I’m not accusing anyone or anything and I get that md has been cleared at least i think they said he was cleared so ok I get that ......but now what IF..... what we are hearing/reading are on the right path and truths ......i might word this wrong or type this wrong .......but a theory from what we kind of now or think we now ........ok the DeBoer’s own several cars ok so lets say one of there cars had been previously on that side road by the PR n it was placed there sometime from fri sat or sun possible early Monday morning......u leave a car there it be dark early morning Walk home you own a few cars so no one really notices if one isn’t home/parked/missing.....now some how we have no idea what has happened all weekend...now there is video/security of md leaving at i think it said 6:45 ish it dark out ok so now cd leaves or walks out or whatever ......ok now her white car is outside in her yard the street or driveway ....now its still dark ....ok you could drive to that culvert at that time it still be dark n gloomy enough and not that populated yet plus u can pull-up a little n have ur lights off its not far from her home ...her body could be placed in the culvert there in minutes and still be about right on point to hit that 2nd camera sighting right at 7 am .....ok bear with-me i just typing a thought ...ok that white car gets parked just like the time we now .....ok so that text goes out you could get in a car u had parked there earlier ..leave cd car get in the backup car and be to-work in mulketeo ....by 7 15 also we have no idea where that phone pinged it could of already been in a different vehicle traveling when that text left cd phone ......i will take-the lashes but i cant rebuttal anyone as i m not smart enough or knowledgeable enough to try and defend this thought as i stated I’m just a mom following along ......but i do want to say this could be possible .....a backup car planted at library dark at 6:45 leave home go to culvert dispose body hit that next camera all by 7:02 and still be at work ……but I read a different thought her earlier that mentioned a disgruntle co worker hmmmmmm …I wish we knew more I’m still 7 pages behind ….off to catch-up …….moo imo no truth to this just thinking about the time line ……I think I will be in shock if this ends up a suicide thought tbh….i wanted to edit this thought it explain why there may of been splatter blood on passenger side .......because she was moved in that-car from her home dropped at the culvert still darkish and parked at the overflow and maybe this explains-why her normal jeep-was left at home ????

Two thoughts about the "self-inflicted" injuries to two fingers:
  • the FBI agent wants to give onliners something to talk about; or,
  • she typically carried scissors in self-defence, and cuts to her fingers appear to made by 'scissors'.

Perhaps she carried a Swiss Army Knife, and two cuts to her fingers appear to be made by a knife, so they could be self-inflicted?
I maintain that an injury cannot be stated as "self-inflicted" without a witness. A cut to the knuckle could be deliberated or accidental, and without a witness, it's difficult to be sure of what happened.

Why is "self inflicted" cuts to two fingers significant if it isn't cuts to the inside of the fingers? Deliberate (self-inflicted) - as in grabbing the blade of a knife? This is in the context of a 53 year old woman who was found in a drainage pipe, so it wasn't a paper cut, or suicide.

What exactly are self-inflicted cuts on two fingers in the context of a dead woman found in a drainage pipe, creek culvert, or ditch days after she vanished on her way to work as a System Analyst with a prestigious HIV/AIDS cancer research?

I suppose we should all keep an open mind. Hard to do as it is.

RIP Cheryl

I suppose we should all keep an open mind. Hard to do as it is.

RIP Cheryl

Are there any theories?
Please share

An open mind is still considering all possibilities, no real theories.

I can't seem to come down to one theory that I can get right on board with.

Suicide, I'm on board with this, but what really gets me is how did she get from where the car was to the culvert and as far as we know no sightings?

I never really felt this one would come out as the husband, and I was glad to hear he was cleared.

Stranger abduction/murder/assault - this is the one I keep coming back to. There are many scenarios - but I keep thinking even if it was a car jacking or targeted assault - that maybe the plan was not to kill her, but something went wrong.

Someone she knew/acquaintance murder/abduction etc - I feel this is more likely to happen as opposed to a stranger, statistically speaking - better odds - but I just have not come up or seen a theory that rang true.

I do believe she did make those texts herself.

I wonder the importance of the "self-inflicted" cuts - was it to leave blood in the car purposefully? was it in self defense? I don't have enough info to decide.

I'm just waiting for more info. All MOO

RIP Cheryl

Sorry, it's probably my fault for asking in the first place. I did read this exact wording and it wasn't super clear to me that the surveillance video showed CD too. I had been hearing it was her husband who said that she left right before 7, not that she was caught on video at that point. But if the world is agreeing that this wording actually states that CD was shown on video leaving a few mins after MD, cool with me. Was hoping for a stronger confirmation, but it works well enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one get what you are saying. I have a surveillance system - but not surveillance video yet. Mine shows via a phone app or computer all openings/closings of doors and windows as well as motion in certain rooms - along with the times. Technically, one can say it showed me leaving at a certain time if I said I did. If I was trying to deceive - it's a bit difficult because while I could just open a door and leave it that way to get a time stamp......the system then states a door is left opened after a certain time. I could also leave through an armed door and return through an unarmed one but would have to worry about triggering motion detectors. I have to believe if LE is basing innocence on the security system, it must either include video or be extremely difficult to trick. Then there is the actual video of her car passing by - not sure if it shows the actual driver but the car at least.

I keep checking back here and every time the pages increase by 10 I think something new has been introduced but sadly we are still talking about many of the same items . I hope we hear something soon. I am not giving up but there is only so much theorizing that can be done with the same info. I am glad her town is keeping this case in the news. I'm following two Virginia cases where everything went silent. People commented at first how LE must have more and are purposely waiting but it's been 2 months and I think that sometimes LE does not have more at all. In this case I do think more items will surface. I still hang on to my original theory of a known attacker but after reading about the drugs and area- I can also see a user looking to score quick electronics or money and it may have been out in the open. Maybe two people jumped in the car which made it more difficult to escape. i have so many "why's" when it comes to returning the car and the culvert with both my theories.

While there is little info and no answers - it is nice to see that residents and others are not letting it go and are pushing for answers.

Okay, theoretical thoughts, since I'm assuming carpool meant meeting someone to ride with them in a car, and I haven't read whether or not carpool driver has been cleared.

Cheryl, who usually rides the bus, agrees to carpool with a coworker this day. Let's coworker know she forgot badge at home, either she really did or as an excuse to not ride with coworker, maybe she had felt uncomfortable about the carpool, which MD might know, even if he didn't know who was driving. Might explain the "probably ride home with you" text if Cheryl was trying to salve someone's hurt feelings.

But coworker knows where Cheryl usually parks, shows up at Cheryl's car, and forces a confrontation. Coworker can later claim he\she waited for Cheryl to arrive for carpool until 7:30, when in fact he\she already had Cheryl and took her elsewhere, and left her there until after the workday.

Coworker ultimately kills Cheryl, whether that day or another, and leaves her body to be found. MD would immediately be upset upon news of Cheryl not arriving at work because he knew she had been uneasy about accepting\starting a carpool with the coworker.

End of my theoretical option. (Or maybe more correctly my imaginative option.)

One thing really bothers me: Why searchers ended up looking where they did the day Cheryl was found. There was a lot of area in between where her car was discovered and the culvert area. Had all of that in between been searched, and the search area "naturally" expanded? Or why did the searchers search the culvert area that day?

If the carpool buddy was meeting her at the park and ride she/he would be on the park and ride video. They would be able to see when she/he left and what direction (towards freeway or towards Cheryl).

One thing really bothers me: Why searchers ended up looking where they did the day Cheryl was found. There was a lot of area in between where her car was discovered and the culvert area. Had all of that in between been searched, and the search area "naturally" expanded? Or why did the searchers search the culvert area that day?

This has stood out to me from the moment it was announced where she was found. I know it was announced that the search areas were being expanded but taking a look at the map it seems so ironic that of all places for searchers to be on that day, of all the different directions they could have gone... that's exactly where they were. I mean really, what are the odds? Considering all the other places they could have been, different directions they could have gone?

I have been very busy the past few days and not been able to think about this case much, although I did read all posts.

In my opinion most of the theories are too elaborate, after a bit of the time frame was released.

If her car was seen on a security camera at 236th at 7am, and she texted from the spot by the park at 7:02am, and her phone went dead immediately after, that's not a lot of time at all for anything.

No time for anyone to observe her and choose her, if it was a stranger who accosted her there she was jumped right away.

Or, Cheryl turned her phone off herself. I don't think it's ever been said whether the phone was fully charged, or any other details about the phone?

Posts have been removed that did not have source links. Remember posting what you've sleuthed from social media is not allowed. Leave FB rumors on FB.

The search of the culvert sticks with me, too. I know it's been stated that the searchers were simply expanding the search area. But given all the wooded and brushy areas between the car and the culvert - in all directions - I wonder in what other directions the searchers had moved at that time.

I could swear I had read that CD usually carpooled. Did she carpool in and bus home? Not unusual. I don't see her sending a fake text about forgetting her badge, just to avoid the carpool - the badge really WAS at home. I would love to know if it was unusual for her to forget her badge.

None of our theories here resonate 100% with me. Each has a component that makes me shake my head. I can almost get on board with a robbery gone bad - except it doesn't seem like the circumstances as we know them provided a strong opportunity. And WHY would it go bad? Maybe she fought like hell, and maybe a perp subdued her too forcefully and she died. But then wouldn't the attacker just run like hell? I can't see wrestling a body on that street at that hour. And I doubt she was taken in her own car because that would mean a body dump at rush hour, and returning her car to a street that likely would have no more available parking by that time.

If a murder without robbery - WHY? Why her, at that risky hour, in that risky location? Maybe a random attack by someone lurking in the park. But there is no evidence Cheryl got to the park. Other people did. Why didn't one of those more vulnerable people become the victim? WHY CHERYL?

I read Native Pride's theory about a placeholder car. Feasible if there were two perps, perhaps.

Has anyone checked court records for the county where the cabin is located? And/or can you share what county that is?

I keep thinking we are going to see this one show up on "Dateline" one day.

I have been very busy the past few days and not been able to think about this case much, although I did read all posts.

In my opinion most of the theories are too elaborate, after a bit of the time frame was released.

If her car was seen on a security camera at 236th at 7am, and she texted from the spot by the park at 7:02am, and her phone went dead immediately after, that's not a lot of time at all for anything.

No time for anyone to observe her and choose her, if it was a stranger who accosted her there she was jumped right away.

Or, Cheryl turned her phone off herself. I don't think it's ever been said whether the phone was fully charged, or any other details about the phone?

"The Herald reports DeBoer's phone was then powered off and her badge was later found at her house."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/blood-stains-found-in-mountlake-terrace-womans-car/90792538

This is what I can find about the phone.
IMOO.

....If her car was seen on a security camera at 236th at 7am, and she texted from the spot by the park at 7:02am, .....

I feel like maybe in all of these posts I may have missed or jumbled something...

I have read and reread news accounts and have listened carefully to the choice of verbiage...

I feel confident that her car was seen on the traffic cam at 7am. I don't have any sense of whether she was alone in the car.

I know that a text was sent at 7:02 with at least two additional texts being sent by 7:10 before the phone was powered down.

I know that police immediately said there was evidence of her having been in or with the car that morning. We were later made aware of the blood evidence they knew about at the time they made the statement but they didn't share that then.

Has it ever been proven that her phone pinged from the place her car was found?

Not that you can bank on "feelings", but I keep coming back to this strong sense that she wasn't there in that spot that morning. That she didn't drive there, didn't park there, didn't pull over there.

Has there been evidence shared to clarify this? It seems to be consensus that my suggestion is incorrect. I am just looking for more clarity on how the assumptions have been made on this detail.

I'm pretty much thinking like you.

I don't understand why the ME would have disclosed and described the finger cuts the way he did if he wasn't comfortable leading people to the idea that it was suicide.

Who commits suicide by cutting their fingers??

I think the ME disclosed those cuts because they were obvious and unrelated to her death, and because the ME had nothing else they could say. All other injuries likely could be related to how she died, and the ME couldn't disclose those (yet).

I feel like maybe in all of these posts I may have missed or jumbled something...

I have read and reread news accounts and have listened carefully to the choice of verbiage...

I feel confident that her car was seen on the traffic cam at 7am. I don't have any sense of whether she was alone in the car.

I know that a text was sent at 7:02 with at least two additional texts being sent by 7:10 before the phone was powered down.

I know that police immediately said there was evidence of her having been in or with the car that morning. We were later made aware of the blood evidence they knew about at the time they made the statement but they didn't share that then.

Has it ever been proven that her phone pinged from the place her car was found?

Not that you can bank on "feelings", but I keep coming back to this strong sense that she wasn't there in that spot that morning. That she didn't drive there, didn't park there, didn't pull over there.

Has there been evidence shared to clarify this? It seems to be consensus that my suggestion is incorrect. I am just looking for more clarity on how the assumptions have been made on this detail.

I hadn't read or heard that there were additional texts sent by 7:10am.
For some reason I thought they all occurred around the last known text of 7:02am.

Is there a MSM or LE link that states that her phone was powered down around 7:10am?
IMOO.

ETA:
"She texted her friend at 0702 hours to say that she had forgotten her work ID and needed to return home to get it."

http://www.crimestoppers.com/missing-person-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

She texted at 7:02, so what would prompt her to wait 8 more minutes to text back, then power down... Where would she have been during those 8 minutes??
I don't get that...

Perhaps there is a link that supports that...
I don't recall that.
IMOO.

Where did you see that the phone was powered down at 7:10?

If that's the case, that gives a perp plenty of time to surprise her.

Cheryl texts her friend that she's running late (7:02)
Friend responds, saying she'll wait - how long will it take? (my estimate: 7:03)
Cheryl responds, saying 10 minutes (my estimate: 7:05)

If her phone powers down at 7:10 and we assume someone else turned it off, there are 5 minutes during which Cheryl could be surprised and overpowered. Doesn't sound like much, but it is plenty of time.

Couple quick thoughts....

The red tape on her car to me is, like seal tape, you know, sealed up, towed, pictures taken before it is thoroughly gone over. Not tape marking any blood or prints.

And if it was a random stranger, he or she put Cheryl in THEIR vehicle or grab her, as she perhaps did walk through the park. Nope, doesn't work, she was still with her car..
If we go on the theory she left home, parked at the library, because the other lot was full as her car was found by her husband where it is believed she parked that morning? texted her friend and phone was turned off..what ever it was, it happened very fast, it had to have happened 7:02ish, 7:10ish, the last time, as it is stated somewhere, her phone was turned off. Just does not compute for me.

Just wanted to add to this, in one article it was said the friend tried to reach her again at 7:30 but was unable to do so. (If link is needed I can go look for it.) That would increase the window where something happened to almost half an hour.

ETA: I searched but can't find it now. Anybody else remembering this?

This has stood out to me from the moment it was announced where she was found. I know it was announced that the search areas were being expanded but taking a look at the map it seems so ironic that of all places for searchers to be on that day, of all the different directions they could have gone... that's exactly where they were. I mean really, what are the odds? Considering all the other places they could have been, different directions they could have gone?

Maybe her attacker was among the searchers (wouldn't be the first time that happened) and for some reason decided they want her to be found so steered the search crew to this street. just speculating

I’m just a mom no one of any importance but to my hubby and children but your last comments got my mind going and I’m not accusing anyone or anything and I get that md has been cleared at least i think they said he was cleared so ok I get that ......but now what IF..... what we are hearing/reading are on the right path and truths ......i might word this wrong or type this wrong .......but a theory from what we kind of now or think we now ........ok the DeBoer’s own several cars ok so lets say one of there cars had been previously on that side road by the PR n it was placed there sometime from fri sat or sun possible early Monday morning......u leave a car there it be dark early morning Walk home you own a few cars so no one really notices if one isn’t home/parked/missing.....now some how we have no idea what has happened all weekend...now there is video/security of md leaving at i think it said 6:45 ish it dark out ok so now cd leaves or walks out or whatever ......ok now her white car is outside in her yard the street or driveway ....now its still dark ....ok you could drive to that culvert at that time it still be dark n gloomy enough and not that populated yet plus u can pull-up a little n have ur lights off its not far from her home ...her body could be placed in the culvert there in minutes and still be about right on point to hit that 2nd camera sighting right at 7 am .....ok bear with-me i just typing a thought ...ok that white car gets parked just like the time we now .....ok so that text goes out you could get in a car u had parked there earlier ..leave cd car get in the backup car and be to-work in mulketeo ....by 7 15 also we have no idea where that phone pinged it could of already been in a different vehicle traveling when that text left cd phone ......i will take-the lashes but i cant rebuttal anyone as i m not smart enough or knowledgeable enough to try and defend this thought as i stated I’m just a mom following along ......but i do want to say this could be possible .....a backup car planted at library dark at 6:45 leave home go to culvert dispose body hit that next camera all by 7:02 and still be at work ……but I read a different thought her earlier that mentioned a disgruntle co worker hmmmmmm …I wish we knew more I’m still 7 pages behind ….off to catch-up …….moo imo no truth to this just thinking about the time line ……I think I will be in shock if this ends up a suicide thought tbh….i wanted to edit this thought it explain why there may of been splatter blood on passenger side .......because she was moved in that-car from her home dropped at the culvert still darkish and parked at the overflow and maybe this explains-why her normal jeep-was left at home ????

Native Pride I am lost in your text... I am Portuguese and I can read English language and write but not very well and I couldn´t understand it completely. But got the gist. I don´t kow. This case is so strange and awkward and Cheryl is a quiet woman, a mom, a wife, a gran, nothing in her appears to make her a target. As far as we have heard everyone has only good to say about her. She didn't lead a dangerous life, she didn't have any of the risky factors or behaviours that sometimes might contribute to be in danger. I really don't know anymore what to think.

Can the locals answer this please?

By car:

- How much time to go from C'house to the parking where the car was?

- How much time to go from C'house to the culvert?

- How much time to go from C'house to Mukilteo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana