Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically a local who presumably knows her is STRONGLY against a suicide! I'm still reading. I'll share more if relevant.

Maybe she had a routine that when she arrives home after work, she'd take the badge off and leave it in the car, in the glove compartment maybe, ready for the next day.
On her way to work, once she pulls up to park, she reaches for her badge from the glove compartment and pops it on for work.

If she did have a routine something like that, then maybe that's why she didn't realise until she,d parked up, that the badge was missing.

Then again, maybe she doesn't do any of that and she takes it in with her on an evening.

Interesting comments on the MLT news Facebook page.

The last post about Cheryl on their fb page is from Feb 17 and people discussing the same thoughts as we do here. Were you referring to that post?

The last post about Cheryl on their fb page is from Feb 17 and people discussing the same thoughts as we do here. were you referring to that post?
It's a post by someone who knows her. From Wednesday. I don't think I can say much more than that and my last post, per TOS

Reply with quote button doesnt show on my phone, although " does. I pressed that, did it work?

Maybe she had a routine that when she arrives home after work, she'd take the badge off and leave it in the car, in the glove compartment maybe, ready for the next day.
On her way to work, once she pulls up to park, she reaches for her badge from the glove compartment and pops it on for work.

If she did have a routine something like that, then maybe that's why she didn't realise until she,d parked up, that the badge was missing.

Then again, maybe she doesn't do any of that and she takes it in with her on an evening.

Early on in the case Cheryl's mom reported that her badge was at home.

Also, it has been reported Cheryl usually drove a jeep however, on this fateful Monday she was driving the white 4-door car. If she did leave her badge in her car, your suggestion would certainly be applicable.

Wonder if LE is waiting until after the Celebration and the week-end when guests leave to make any more announcements?

Early on in the case Cheryl's mom reported that her badge was at home.

Also, it has been reported Cheryl usually drove a jeep however, on this fateful Monday she was driving the white 4-door car. If she did leave her badge in her car, your suggestion would certainly be applicable.

Sorry, my fault for not quoting who I was replying to [emoji51]
I know her mum says her badge was at home, I was just theorising how on that Monday morning, she would only realise she didn't have it with her, once she had actually parked up.

I don't think it's been confirmed if her usual car was the jeep though. I've heard that somewhere but until LE reveal that, I can only go by the white car being her mode of transport that day. No offence to anyone.

Reply with quote button doesnt show on my phone, although " does. I pressed that, did it work?

I don't think so.

I have an iPhone, and down at the bottom of the page, there are some options: Log Out|Full Site|Top. If you select "Full Site", then the site appears as it would on a computer - and you can select the "reply with quote" button.

Since the husband has been cleared by LE, and he saw Cheryl alive at home when he left at 6:50am, then Cheryl was alive at 6:50am that Monday.

How exactly did LE word that Cheryl left shortly after?
"Her car was seen leaving", is what they said, correct?

And then "what appears to be" Cheryl's car is seen at the video at the intersection. Shortly after that, there were a few texts, pinged where 'she' parked, and then, the phone powered off.

To me it doesn't make sense that Cheryl was attacked at home after her husband left. Why would whoever did that drive her car there, and send those texts?

I'm thinking it happened where she parked. Cheryl was by all accounts a very nice lady. Someone in a nearby car could have feigned an injury and called her over to help. She was likely the kind of person to go over and see if she could help. Then she was grabbed, pulled/pushed into this car, and taken. I am actually thinking at the moment maybe by a male/female couple (duo).

They may have taken her for the same stupid reason the suspects in the Nicole Lovell case may have taken her - they wanted to murder someone. Or they thought Cheryl had money. Or it may have been a case of mistaken identity.

What if someone was looking for someone else, someone driving a white Impreza? And they thought Cheryl was this person? They nabbed her (tricking her into coming over to their car by feigning they need help), find out she's the wrong person, murder her because she knows who they are, and dump her body.

Just more surmising... one of these days something has to make sense.

Since the husband has been cleared by LE, and he saw Cheryl alive at home when he left at 6:50am, then Cheryl was alive at 6:50am that Monday.

And then "what appears to be" Cheryl's car is seen at the video at the intersection. Shortly after that, there were a few texts, pinged where 'she' parked, and then, the phone powered off.

To me it doesn't make sense that Cheryl was attacked at home after her husband left. Why would whoever did that drive her car there, and send those texts?

I'm thinking it happened where she parked. Cheryl was by all accounts a very nice lady. Someone in a nearby car could have feigned an injury and called her over to help. She was likely the kind of person to go over and see if she could help. Then she was grabbed, pulled/pushed into this car, and taken. I am actually thinking at the moment maybe by a male/female couple (duo).

They may have taken her for the same stupid reason the suspects in the Nicole Lovell case may have taken her - they wanted to murder someone. Or they thought Cheryl had money. Or it may have been a case of mistaken identity.

What if someone was looking for someone else, someone driving a white Impreza? And they thought Cheryl was this person? They nabbed her (tricking her into coming over to their car by feigning they need help), find out she's the wrong person, murder her because she knows who they are, and dump her body.

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

bbm

The wording was that the surveillance system "showed" MD leaving at 6.50 am and Cheryl soon afterwards. The word "showed" has been much discussed here. Some think it means an image of both MD and Cheryl is seen, others don't necessarily believe that.

A few minutes later another camera captured her car driving West.

Edit: ah! otto did that so much better than I! :)

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.
Another surveillance video at the intersection of 236th Street SW and 56th Avenue W showed what appeared to be Cheryl DeBoer’s vehicle passing at around 7 a.m. headed westbound."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

bbm

The wording was that the surveillance system "showed" MD leaving at 6.50 am and Cheryl soon afterwards. The word "showed" has been much discussed here. Some think it means an image of both MD and Cheryl is seen, others don't necessarily believe that.

Right. That's why I lost track of what exactly it said. Thanks all!

Either way, I think we can be quite sure that nobody was seen arriving at their house. It follows then that Cheryl left and was indeed the one driving the Impreza, no?

bbm

Right, shows can mean several things. It doesn't even state a vehicle for Cheryl or her husband at that point. Showed could mean a code to leave their house on the security system.
IMOO.

They wouldve driven her car there and texted to buy more time to get away. To make it appear nothing was out of the ordinary, maybe she left on her own accord, for a quick and easy getaway via transit center or bus. In order to.not have her coworker worry. Someone mentioned earlier, like way earlier in thread#1, they took a bike on that park path about 20 minutes before everything and he said he rides it all the time. Im surprised they didnt track him down and question him on what or who he usually sees...maybe video footage isnt that clear? And such? Or its just nothing. Anyway i presently dont know what to think, i dont want to think suicide and dont want to think homicide, theyre so bad :(. To all of those who said death by culvert didnt seem likely, i 100% agree, but there was a case of a woman named elizabeth pham who took her ownblife by getting in the river. Also interesting is one person on the fb page seemed to insinuate she walked there on her own while another said her cuts were definately self defense. But..a lot.of us feel strongly on our own ideas without knowing her. I just hope she went quickly, whatever way it was. I also feel the blood stains in her car were big and fresh enough to cause her family to believe she passed away..... :( thats why they said grieving. However, ive cut my head before and wasnt anywhere close to death but the blood puddles sure made it seem like that. I kept bleeding for hours, too....but im sure the police wouldve assured them it didnt mean she was passed away if they believed there was a strong chance she was still alive. Unless they just had a gut instinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253