Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would LE need a search warrant to search the car if her husband was right there? Couldnt he just give them his consent to search it?
I think they need a warrant to make sure any evidence they find is admissible in court. Basically crossing t's and dotting i's.

The only theory I can come up with is that Cheryl wasn't the one driving her car that morning. Video at her home shows her car leaving, video later shows her car going towards the transit area, BUT, thus far no a single witness has come forth saying they SAW or SPOKE to Cheryl that morning, nor that weekend! To me, that is important!

If someone saw Cheryl pull over, get out of her vehicle, or saw her pulled over texting the friend, they haven't announced it.

While I don't know WHO harmed Cheryl, I don't think it was herself! Anyone could have been driving her car, hopped on the bus, and went about their business.

Not going to get into whether her husband knew who was driving or not. I have nothing to say either way.

Find me a witness outside the home that saw her, talked to her that weekend, and especially that morning. Until then, Cheryl wasn't driving, IMO.
I'm going to have to agree with you. I really want to know exactly what their surveillance system was, and how it recorded Cheryl. Until I know those details, I won't believe that Cheryl drove her car that morning. It doesn't make sense.

I assume the husband was cleared since he clearly left before she did and arrived at work as expected soon after.

And now we wait, I guess, to hear how she died, hopefully, both cause and manner of death. This is shaping up to be a very unusual case, unless LE is just making it seem that way, which seems unlikely, Imo. I don't see the benefit of doing that, since it does not appear they have a suspect, if in fact she was murdered. I feel like they are a bit stymied, hoping forensics will clarify things.

Jmo

In rebuttal of my own comment, would a random prowler take Cheryl's body to the culvert to hide it? It doesn't seem likely when you could just leave the body in the back seat. The less time you spend in the car the less likely you are to get caught.

I've always seen this crime as one that targeted Cheryl specifically. But understanding who might be the perp is hard.

To understand it and make any guesses in that direction we would have to know more about her personal and work life. But so far nothing much has been said about that.

I'm going to have to agree with you. I really want to know exactly what their surveillance system was, and how it recorded Cheryl. Until I know those details, I won't believe that Cheryl drove her car that morning. It doesn't make sense.

Respectfully, I don't understand this line of thinking. Who would have driven her car then, if not she herself, and her husband being already on the way to work? A neighbor, a friend? And the husband knew none of it?

I would think so. I mean I've seen vomiting cause those marks. They're basically caused by a lot of force.

I get migraines that usually result in severe vomiting. An ex said one time it looked like I had measles as I had petechiae all over my face and down to my upper chest, but it's more usual for them to be just around my eyes.

I've kinda lost track of what we do and don't know for sure here. Do we know for sure that Cheryl was moved to the culvert via her own car? Given LE can't confirm the blood in the car is related, is it possible she was bundled into the perp's car and dumped as he fled?

I've kinda lost track of what we do and don't know for sure here. Do we know for sure that Cheryl was moved to the culvert via her own car? Given LE can't confirm the blood in the car is related, is it possible she was bundled into the perp's car and dumped as he fled?

We don't know how she got to the culvert, in which car, or if in a car at all.

Cheryl worked as a systems analyst at the Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle

Could WHERE she worked have something to do with this?

Could WHERE she worked have something to do with this?

I think that is always possible, but I doubt it. Fred Hutch is an amazing not-for-profit organization that is responsible for breakthroughs that have saved lives all over the globe. Even if big pharma got up in arms over a breakthrough that would render their expensive treatment moot, I doubt they would hire a hit on a systems analyst. I doubt she personally would hold info that no one else could access and in the hierarchy of scientists and decision makers there, I doubt she held significant influence. She is not the one who is meeting with politicians, etc. That's more the President. Fred Hutch is one my company's clients. Can't say enough good stuff about that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A minute's silence to remember CD and talk of community unease at this week's MTL city council meeting:
Also on Tuesday night, the meeting began with a moment of silence was held to remember Cheryl DeBoer, whose body was found on Sunday afternoon.

Councilwoman Sonmore went to high school with DeBoer. She was with volunteers searching for DeBoer on Saturday.

“There’s been an outpouring of support for her especially from our class,” Sonmore said. “People are extremely scared even though police have released a report saying they have no reason to be. I have had people call me at work saying they will never walk down Mountlake Terrace again and I assured them I hope this is just an incident that won’t affect our city. I know the city is quite shaken from it but I believe our police department will find justice in this.”
http://mltnews.com/city-council-weighs-budget-options/

Thinking of Cheryl's family and friends attending today's Celebration of Life...

I've followed this case from the beginning. At this point, pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me, is that Cheryl was meeting someone. Maybe her husband knew about it and has told the police, or maybe he didn't know.

It wouldn't have to be an affair thing necessarily. Maybe there was a family member or friend that had issues of some kind and she was meeting them for some reason. I know people who have had disagreements in their marriage about how much to help a friend or family member and even how much contact to have with them. It could even be something like a friend having marital problems and not wanting everyone to know. I can see how everything fits with meeting someone, except leaving her badge at home. If that was an excuse made, it seems like there would be no reason to actually leave it at home. She could have used that as an excuse, but still have had it with her. No one would have known, plus she wouldn't have had to go back home to get it.

I can also easily see forgetting her badge at home, but it would be too coincidental with a planned meeting IMO. My DH has come home with things he normally leaves at work on occasion. He's also forgotten his insulin once, before getting a pump. Sometimes you get distracted and forget and sometimes you just forget. I've had to go back home for my son's epi-pen, which I bring everywhere. It happens.

Are these criminals getting smarter, or are the cops just not quite as tech savvy as is portrayed in all of these crime shows ? And by crime shows, I mean the reality based shows where they actually solve a murder or missing person case.

It seems like the only time I see a murder case solved within 48 hours is when the A & E film crew is either following the cops around in their office or riding around in their cars with them. Of course, I'm not including the cases where the perp is still waving a smoking gun around when the cops show up on the scene.........those cases don't really count as "solved".

Are these criminals getting smarter, or are the cops just not quite as tech savvy as is portrayed in all of these crime shows ? And by crime shows, I mean the reality based shows where they actually solve a murder or missing person case.

It seems like the only time I see a murder case solved within 48 hours is when the A & E film crew is either following the cops around in their office or riding around in their cars with them. Of course, I'm not including the cases where the perp is still waving a smoking gun around when the cops show up on the scene.........those cases don't really count as "solved".

Those shows don't necessarily show every case they film.

BTW----you guys sure can fill up a thread fast.................

That and sometimes doctors seem to have been experiencing each time more dificulties in determine the causes of death of the persons.

I know law enforcement will be at the celebration, today. I wonder if they will see anything helpful.

I hope her family is able to begin their healing process and get some closure. I'll be thinking of them. I'm sure it will be a beautiful service. She sure seems like a beautiful person!

Where are her purse and cellphone?
Would they be located between the location of the car and culvert?
If not, where would those items be?
Would they be found together or separate?
IMOO.
Good question! I keep forgetting that these items are missing. My guess is that someone held on to them or disposed of them elsewhere.

If Cheryl wanted to commit suicide, why even bring along a purse and cellphone?
Why ditch them elsewhere?
Why not leave those items at home, along with the badge? She could have called her co-worker from her house and left the phone there, powered down, but it didn't happen that way.
I cannot reconcile that this is a suicide.
It doesn't make sense to me.
Cheryl seems like she was the target. Why and by whom?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member