Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize crimes of opportunity were rare.

I think murders of opportunity are what is rare. Most murder victims are acquainted with their killers. I believe that is not true with non-violent crimes.

But could this have started out as a stranger crime, robbery etc that turned into a nonplanned murder?

.... I would hope their advice to be cautious would be much more forceful, or patrols would be stepped up around the park-and-ride. (Maybe they have been.)
Just a note, the first few days after she was found. Every time I went past the park and ride there was a patrol car there. I haven't been in the area recently as I live in Eastern Washington, so I can't say this is ongoing.

I just hope Cheryl managed to get in enough well placed jabs that this guy was coughing up blood for a week.......or was left half blind........or both. Maybe it will help lead to an arrest.

Stryker, I have a couple of questions. What time was your mom's car found? And do you know if, when the car was found, were the doors locked?
Thanks in advance for answering.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

But could this have started out as a stranger crime, robbery etc that turned into a nonplanned murder?

Like she had already started walking to the park and ride, realized she forgot her ID, texted the carpooler, and walked up on someone trying to break into her car?

Perhaps the police had a suspect, from previous complaints or a witness we haven't heard about, and when they questioned him, it just so happened he had some drugs on him or was in violation of parole and is in jail for those reasons allowing the police to be very thorough with this investigation and believe there is no threat to the community.

Just a note, the first few days after she was found. Every time I went past the park and ride there was a patrol car there. I haven't been in the area recently as I live in Eastern Washington, so I can't say this is ongoing.

Hmmm, I wonder. Thanks for letting us know.

Stryker, I have a couple of questions. What time was your mom's car found? And do you know if, when the car was found, were the doors locked?
Thanks in advance for answering.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I don't want to discuss specifics in regards to evidence obtained by police at this time. Since they haven't released specifics, I don't want to hinder any work or progress they may be making.

I wonder if perhaps Cheryl knew something about someone or something?
Something important enough to silence her.
Did she catch someone doing something?

Just a thought to toss around peeps!

Did she actually leave her ID badge at home? Was that found?

Accident doesn't make sense. No reason for her to be anywhere near that location.

I wonder if the chain of events could've begun with an accident at the P&R and the person responsible panicked. Maybe a teenager or someone who knew another DUI charge or probation/parole violation would land them in prison would be motivated to go to such extremes. For someone like that, perhaps with their movement in the community restricted, the culvert could be at the edge of their awareness space. (Someone here linked this article which includes a succinct explanation of awareness space. You can skip down to almost halfway, to the paragraph beginning "A person's, including a criminal's, awareness space...".)

I'm so sorry and so hope you and your family get answers soon.

I wonder if the chain of events could've begun with an accident at the P&R and the person responsible panicked. Maybe a teenager or someone who knew another DUI charge or probation/parole violation would land them in prison would be motivated to go to such extremes. For someone like that, perhaps with their movement in the community restricted, the culvert could be at the edge of their awareness space. (Someone here linked this article which includes a succinct explanation of awareness space. You can skip down to almost halfway, to the paragraph beginning "A person's, including a criminal's, awareness space...".)

:Welcome1:

Like she had already started walking to the park and ride, realized she forgot her ID, texted the carpooler, and walked up on someone trying to break into her car?

Perhaps the police had a suspect, from previous complaints or a witness we haven't heard about, and when they questioned him, it just so happened he had some drugs on him or was in violation of parole and is in jail for those reasons allowing the police to be very thorough with this investigation and believe there is no threat to the community.

I've thought about that possibility myself, it would go a long way in explaining the flip-flopping and mixed signals LE sent out when asked about public safety.

Let's say that during the course of the search for Cheryl, they ran a few I.D.'s and rousted a couple of unscrupulous characters that like to hang out around the park to panhandle for pocket change and harass commuters. Since there isn't any honor among thieves when they're sitting in an interrogation room, it's possible that it came to light early on that someone saw who was around Cheryl's car that morning and who interacted with her. It's also possible that this individual(s) maybe sitting in the county lockup right now, and has been since very early on.

If that's the case, it would explain why LE doesn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency, and also doesn't feel like there is any immediate threat to the public. Their prime suspect may be sitting in a holding cell right now hoping those drug possession charges are the only thing LE has on him. Since LE may be pretty sure he is the right guy....but only 80%....they have to get all the evidence processed and returned before they can nail him to the wall.

"A Crime of Opportunity"

Does this mean someone was just in the mood to take another person's life? And, the first person who came along when no one else was around was "it"?

What a demented crazy fool to be walking the streets among us! As it appears to the public, this person knew what they were doing and left no noticeable clues. I hope LE has much more information to go on. Eric, this is just me commenting and not a bait for you to respond.

Or, does "A Crime of Opportunity" mean the persons actions started out as a robbery and went further than anticipated? Perhaps a druggie looking for money? He would know not to use a credit card or debit card because then he would be captured on camera. Maybe Cheryl, like me, carries little if any cash, which upset the perp, so his rage got the best of him.

My opinions only.

'Awareness Space' IMO, extremely interesting! Thank you for that.

"A Crime of Opportunity"

Does this mean someone was just in the mood to take another person's life? And, the first person who came along when no one else was around was "it"?

What a demented crazy fool to be walking the streets among us! As it appears to the public, this person knew what they were doing and left no noticeable clues. I hope LE has much more information to go on. Eric, this is just me commenting and not a bait for you to respond.

Or, does "A Crime of Opportunity" mean the persons actions started out as a robbery and went further than anticipated? Perhaps a druggie looking for money? He would know not to use a credit card or debit card because then he would be captured on camera. Maybe Cheryl, like me, carries little if any cash, which upset the perp, so his rage got the best of him.

My opinions only.

Crime of opportunity or not, the biggest mystery surrounding this entire case is motive, and has been since the beginning. If we only knew what the motive was behind this attack, all the dots would start to connect and a clearer picture would emerge.

I still can't figure out how we get from the Park-and-Ride to the culvert, and then back to the Park-and-Ride.

Or.....From the Park-and-Ride to ???????? , and then to the culvert.

"A Crime of Opportunity"

My opinions only.

When I try to imagine this scenario (robbery gone wrong), I can't picture the perp doing anything except fleeing as fast as possible. Taking the time to take Cheryl's body elsewhere seems so risky that I just can't imagine it. The police station is practically RIGHT THERE, not to mention houses, commuters, traffic.

I feel she must have been forced into someone's car while alive. But why, why, why? Random, perhaps, but the circumstances for that seem so odd. Again, risky in terms of being seen or heard.

Or was it someone familiar, maybe a fellow commuter she saw every day, so it felt safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08